Default Tubes in Hoosier tires

Has anyone have experience putting tubes in Hoosier 8 inch tires??? Getting down to the scab pile,and have a few with small pinhole leaks. I've heard baby powder helps the tube from exploding.

run them in the fronts without thinking twice about it. Had it in the LR once and cut the stem off, but the track was hammer down. This was on a southern sport mod, IMCA H500, 2400lb car

Years ago we would stick a plug in small holes. never had any problems ,but everybody said that it would never work lol.

I always ran tubes in my DOT tires but never in hoosiers. Never had any hoosiers last long enough, either wore them out in a couple nights or sliced them open! Lots of baby power, and buy the plastic inserts that go in the valve stem hole in the wheel so the tube stem fits properly and has some extra protection. Eric

Old school always said to use natural rubber tubes instead of synthetic. Don't know is you can still get these.

Finished a race with half the sidewall split on a DOT tire. Ran tubes in g60 Hoosiers. For the most part I got good life out of them. I have had a few rears go flat though. Lots of baby powder and the plastic inserts are a must. Also make sure your stickers inside the tire are taken out. They do cause small pinholes in tube.