Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

stock car driver you can take your comments and shove them up your *ss. You don't know me or what I am worth. If you raced with me and had an attitude like that you would be hanging on the front stretch wall every night. all you do is talk down to people. enough talking to the problem.

I agree there are more reasons people are quitting but one big one in our area is guys don't want to switch to a crate. and its not a money problem. They are standing up for themselves and the local engine builders. I always built all my own motors and we always did quite well. top 4 is not a challenge but the win is a different story . when the leader checks out by a half lap on second place and he has a crate too something isn't right. But there is no tech on the crate. I was actually told by the tech guy this year one night I almost won, that if I won they were going to tear me down because I must be cheating to beat a crate. Yet they didn't even look at the winners car. Talk about frustrating.

Hopefully something changes (not just the motor rules) to get some numbers back. I am not the guy that writes the rules so I don't know what the answer is. maybe if people keep talking about it someone will have a good idea and we can get some numbers again. Its no fun seeing a sport I put so much time into over the years go down hill.

It sounds to me like the rules or tech is bad in some places, not necessarily an engine related problem.

I with ya Jasjenh on that. I think the crate should be just another choice in a catalog. If the racer wants to choose it then he can. No special treatment for anything is the best route IMO.

I always thought putting a gauge legal 2bbl on an open engine v/s putting a 4bbl on the crate was a crazy idea and very evident of the motivation behind such a move.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    Ha ha, I guess I was too close to the truth?? If your worth isn't enough to satisfy your racing wants now, then hanging me on the wall is a great solution, after a week or two of that you would spend more repairing your own car and in lost purse money to buy that MEXICAN Crate motor you are claiming has caused you to quit racing. No wonder you had to quit you aint too smart..

fyi- IMCA rules are out. no spoiler on crate that's the only meaningful change..

So you can buy a 450hp crate motor for $6000 or a built motor that weighs the exact same for 7-17,000 and have any amount of hp advantage you want!
    if you are spending 7k on an open motor than shame on you no reason to. Crate is not the only option, happy to hear no spoiler for crates. Since the crates are so awesome and they are fixing the economy saving the planet from poverty and global warming then they dont need any breaks to be able to compete.

A lot of real racers like myself assemble our own and dont have to rely on the crate. I like many others go to auctions and buy used parts or swap meets and enjoy the process of finding what I need and having it machined. I do not need or want a crate.

There are lots of other options to the crate.

Call Gade Motors no core needed $4500

(563)-452-3547

high time for the engine component aftermarket mfg's to get a hold of IMCA and UMP and tell them they are dropping any sponsorship monies if crate is the only engine offered or if the breaks for the crates are not creating a level playing field.

Recently there was a big money race up north where they discouraged the use of a crate offered not breaks and made engine rules the same for all and was sponsored by aftermarket parts companies.

The crate BS is getting out of hand.

I think your talking about the aftermarket nationals, you must not really know anything about that race though since...... No crates were allowed period.

10k to win at marshalltown about 3 hours from me. How did you do there? What's your car number?
    so you build better motors than Gade ? He seems to win a few races. Never said you were not a real racer, but if you want to get into a pissing contest I am up for it.

Order all parts new eh, great glad you can do so.

I saw the advert for the NO crate race and I was glad to see it. Stock Car, I have no affiliation with you or Rusty but what your issue with Gade ? I am a customer of his and Brian is a good guy to deal with and we had zero issues with anything we have every gotten. I am not in IMCA country closest track is almost 3 hours. I am against the Crates because for B-Mods right now UMP is not offering another option they keep adding weight and mandating crates only and racers and promoters are starting to complain. I can also tell you that as some have posted on here, in IMCA country I am starting to here a lot of complaints about promoters not watering track to help out the crate cars.

Numbers look good on dyno for the Ford deal, and I have yet to hear of one letting go.... You say you cant build a good motor for 4500..huh so I guess the magic number is the price of the crate then ??

I saw the hp and torque numbers for the Ford crate deal that Gade is selling for $4500 and it looks good plus I am not hearing of any having issues. According to your post you cannot build a good motor for $4500. Is the magic price needed to build a good racing motor the same as the price for the crate ?

$4500 won't buy the parts to build a decent engine. Period.

Last I knew they wanted 5500 for their ford supposed crate killer. With oem 302 block crap heads cast crank cheap parts.
    Wow you are just a know it all. Wow what magazine are writing for these days ???? You really should be charging for your info on 4m.
    Let us know when you will be holding your seminar and how much you will be charging.

The question remains since you have so much knowledge why do you need to run a crate. With all your superior racing knowledge everyone on 4m knows you could build an open motor than could out run a crate.
    So why do you need a crate then.

Please oh wise one bless us with more of your BS.

I wont speak for Rusty, not my beef and I do not have the dyno sheets for the $4500 motor. Brian is not hiding info the motor deal though. I do not own the crate killer package. I have a different setup, so I cant post what I dont own. best of luck. I will say that I think a good engine can be built for less than the crate, as I have done and ran all last year without engine issues. Crate is not the only answer.

Well, let me tell you a little story. We are starting to see exactly what some of us has said would happen with these crates.. and that's, FAILURE. I personally know of 5 604 crates that were used at two tracks that did not have more then 10 races on any of the 5 and they either blew up, broke or started pumping water. All of which came from Freison Chevrolet [sp] and every one of them was the racers fault....... Now my question is how in the hell is a blown head gasket the racers fault and the head surface only had .003 warp. AND then they want $4200.00 to fix it..... Are you freaking kidding me. And don't let SCD blow smoke up your back side. He wants to talk about good parts. I can promise you the Crates do not good parts in them........IF you think they do just turn them 7000 rpm for a short time on the track and you will see there junk. There is no way to compare a built engine to a crate engine as far as parts go..... And take your crate back and have it torn apart like you should and see what that cost you. And yes you can build a open for what you will have in a crate, and you can do the same thing with your open as they do with there crates and that's sell it every year and get a new one..... Stupid, LMAO. Compare Apples to Apples.... Don't listen to SCD because he will tell you Crates are the only way to go, IMCA is the only way to go......But I bet if he was to race on heavy hammer down tracks and not the slicked off dusty crap IMCA has asked for he would not be running crates.....What a joke..

fyi- the rules have been out since Friday, no spoiler on crate.
    lets see how crates do with no spoiler. Last machinist I talked to said crate parts when torn down are far from good.
    So if the crate cost you $5500, I feel confident that with a little effort and good investigation you can still build a decent program for the same money without going crate.

Have also heard several racers saying that for the right kind of bread you can get "upgrades " to your crate when its in for rebuild.

this deal is going to boomerang soon enough.

What sanction are you talking about? This thread is supposed to be about imca and imca doesn't allow rebuilds.
    imca does not allow rebuilds....then what exactly does Speedway offer for IMCA engines...

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Featured/Racing-Engines

Besides you can buy sealing bolts, and do it yourself, no matter what IMCA rules and its happening...
    Last edited by buzzxxx666; 11-22-2015 at 11:37 PM.

SCD, I don't care where you race or what you race. I have never claimed to know you (only to know of you) and have only seen you race once. I don't care where you live or what you do for a living. The only thing I do care about is all the BS you spread on here. I can tell you there are a lot of people on here that are tired of you thinking YOU ARE THE ONLY PERSON THAT KNOWS ANYTHING. There area few on here that are pretty sharp and give help when needed, and not jump in an and tell them what they were just told was wrong and then put your two cents in. YOU ARE NOT the know it all you think you are. And the reason IMCA don't allow rebuilds is it costs them money because Sponsors that don't sell engines don't sponsor your series for very long. And why are people paying to break in engines, Guys buying crates can't do it them selves. Hell theres enough information on the web about crates that everyone knows what makes the most power as far as bolt-ons go, so get them, bolt them on and break it in. OH that's right the crates have a cam issue when breaking them in don't they, So then check your plugs tune it and go. OH and as far as Tampered Crates, I personally caught 2 this year and know of three more that were caught. And no we did not make it public and don't have to, just like IMCA kept the Illegal MSD boxes (3) they caught quiet that I know of. And yes the guys caught were dealt with as per the rules on the engines. So keep thinking its not happening....know it all. It may not be happening where you are, but that's only because there not looking for it and not teching like they should. OK..Your Turn and I can do this all day.

SCD, well done with the built engine. For someone wanting the same hp and tq curve as the 604 but a little more power that looks great.

Default Crate

This is why mine are boke in on dyno

(4. People pay to have crate engines broken in because if it breaks on the dyno its still the dealers.)

This whole cheated crate stuff is getting old people cheat with open motors to lol. There might be cheated ones out there but just because a guy is fast with a crate doesnt mean its cheated.

Since the crates lost the spoiler whats gona be everyones excuse next? ive ran with no spoiler and just had to tighten my car up a lil on entry no biggie.

Quote Originally Posted by CHRISTINE View Post
    This is why mine are boke in on dyno

(4. People pay to have crate engines broken in because if it breaks on the dyno its still the dealers.)

This whole cheated crate stuff is getting old people cheat with open motors to lol. There might be cheated ones out there but just because a guy is fast with a crate doesnt mean its cheated.

Since the crates lost the spoiler whats gona be everyones excuse next? ive ran with no spoiler and just had to tighten my car up a lil on entry no biggie.
    i am tired of pro crate crowd constantly crowing about how awesome they are, if so then zero rule breaks should be given oh and the promoters need to quick catering to the crates with the dry tracks.
    Also just because it says CRATE, does not mean you get a free pass on tech either.
    Other than that I dont care what the hell people do with crates. Crates are not the world saver as we keep hearing, are they an option sure. The constant political BS to push crates are just that. You want to run a crate super but no reason everyone else should be forced into it.
    Last edited by buzzxxx666; 11-24-2015 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by buzzxxx666 View Post
    i am tired of pro crate crowd constantly crowing about how awesome they are, if so then zero rule breaks should be given oh and the promoters need to quick catering to the crates with the dry tracks.
    Also just because it says CRATE, does not mean you get a free pass on tech either.
    Other than that I dont care what the hell people do with crates. Crates are not the world saver as we keep hearing, are they an option sure. The constant political BS to push crates are just that. You want to run a crate super but no reason everyone else should be forced into it.
    One more thing. I know of a racer that runs in MN in the sport mod class against the 602 crate...twice this year there were issues with crate engines somehow turning 7200-7500 without a miss in the engine...racer blamed it on the MSd box, and promoter let em switch it out.....

602 has hyd cam, but hey no ones cheating up those crate right ????? dont believe it for once sec

Wait a second, I know for a fact that IMCA will allow the crates to be repaired. And I also know that IMCA does not have an official standing there when these engines are repaired. DO THEY Know it all..... I know for a fact of a 604 that was sent to Carl's Chevrolet and had to have two pistons replaced that only had 4 races on it, It also had to have the valves in those two cylinders replaced. It had to be completely taken apart, cleaned and reassembled. The engine was completely together when it was resealed with the IMCA cable seals...... NOT ONE TIME when this was done did an IMCA official check a single thing being done to this engine........... That's what one of the guys in the shop told the guy that owns the engine, He Said that with Carl's being a dealer and repair center approved by IMCA they hardly ever see anyone from IMCA..... So Smart guy whats really being done to those engines if its my buddy having something done..........I KNOW..... YOU DONT HAVE A CLUE.....But your going to tell everyone you do. Blow your smoke up someone else's back side and fog there vision with your BS but your not going to convince me with your BS....