Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cedar Lake

Default Cedar Lake

Whats with no audio on Dirtvison!!!!!! 2 nights in a row???????????????????????????????

Its there just alot of static keep hitting refresh it cuts in and out .

Dirt vision is an absolute joke. I don't even know why they bother. When there actually is audio like on Tuesday night. They conveniently cut it off during the support classes. This has happened several times. If it was another sanction body I would understand but good grief are they wound up that tight to not even let us hear the street stocks.

it sucks tonight on DV, rather watch RM with no sound.. so does the top 3 move to a main?

Quote Originally Posted by Kwd1253 View Post
    it sucks tonight on DV, rather watch RM with no sound.. so does the top 3 move to a main?
    Yes top 3 transfer

I imagine DOD has something to do with that. PPV always messes up other feeds. Not missing much only a few guy able to pass the rest finish where they started... Yawn

My RM didn't show heat 3? but I like the look at heat 5 chase, frank, Overton out drove mars , bloomquist, josh awesome!
    Last edited by Kwd1253; 07-31-2015 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaDirt View Post
    Yes top 3 transfer
    thanks figured that but was 100% sure tho

A lot of big names are not in the show. Should be some great b mains tomorrow night!

Roger on that zooker, even tho I want got the races tomorrow night. I'm thinking buying ppv one dod and ufc fights. haven't do that in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdirt View Post
    Dirt vision is an absolute joke. I don't even know why they bother. When there actually is audio like on Tuesday night. They conveniently cut it off during the support classes. This has happened several times. If it was another sanction body I would understand but good grief are they wound up that tight to not even let us hear the street stocks.
    This is all dependent on cell phone reception. At Cedar Lake it's terrible at best, and very spotty. One minute you have full strength LTE, and a few minutes later nothing. We depend on a Verizon wireless card to broadcast the races. When the signal drops every ten minutes you lose the signal and the broadcast drops. I'm reluctant to even set all the equipment up there, but I do to try and give people not watching the pay-per-view at least a little something. DoD has NOTHING to do with it working or not working.

Same thing happened at Shawano on Tuesday night. Out of nowhere Verizon dropped its signal. I laugh that you think I was actually turning it off during the support divisions to save money. I randomly lost the signal during the heats. Now after the WoO feature I did shut it down so that I could start packing things up to drive a couple of hours down the road.

Just find it a bit ironic that it's a free service we do our best with, yet people want to slam it. Just a reminder that no good deed goes unpunished in this sport.

- Ben

Also when we lose the cell signal then we also lose the Race Monitor feed, which I also run off my computer. That's why Race Monitor has been spotty at best so far at Cedar Lake.

- Ben

Ben, Just shut it down and bring back week later printed racing paper results.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Shelton View Post
    This is all dependent on cell phone reception. At Cedar Lake it's terrible at best, and very spotty. One minute you have full strength LTE, and a few minutes later nothing. We depend on a Verizon wireless card to broadcast the races. When the signal drops every ten minutes you lose the signal and the broadcast drops. I'm reluctant to even set all the equipment up there, but I do to try and give people not watching the pay-per-view at least a little something. DoD has NOTHING to do with it working or not working.

Same thing happened at Shawano on Tuesday night. Out of nowhere Verizon dropped its signal. I laugh that you think I was actually turning it off during the support divisions to save money. I randomly lost the signal during the heats. Now after the WoO feature I did shut it down so that I could start packing things up to drive a couple of hours down the road.

Just find it a bit ironic that it's a free service we do our best with, yet people want to slam it. Just a reminder that no good deed goes unpunished in this sport.

- Ben
    The other night at Quincy, heard everything during intermission with prize giveaways and such. Then the second it was time for MOWA sprint feature to push off the feed went dead. Then after refreshing the screen it said "Live Broadcast will begin shortly". The feed came back on as the Late Model field was coming onto the track. This along with basically the same thing at Shawno gave me the impression that it was being shut off intentionally during the support classes.

I apologize for going on a rant and making the accusation. Thank you for responding.

Odd situation you experienced with the MOWA feature because there were a lot of Sprint Car people listening that night to see how Rico did. Many of them were commenting on social media throughout the night about it, and this is the first I've heard somebody tell me it was down for the MOWA feature. That wireless card normally goes live about 2pm every day on race day so that I can work in the tower before the races, and unless we lose power or signal it doesn't get turned off until the races are over.

Honestly do the very best that we can with it because we know for some this is the only way to keep up with their family members, friends, etc, when they are on the run. It's far from a perfect technology, but I like to think we give it our best shot.

Thanks,
    Ben
    Last edited by Ben Shelton; 08-01-2015 at 01:28 AM.

Shawano is weird. I can be in middle of track getting 4lte and still not be able to download a thing. This is my hometrack and happens weekly. Middle of town and nothing around to block. Cedar Lake I have been to and the signal is weak to horrible at best. Maybe if get up on hill can get some but down on track or in pits good luck. Dirt on Dirt has been nothing but great when the signal allows them. Can't blame them for trying to broadcast a Crown Jewel from bumf--k egypt.

Ignore the trolls on here Ben,you guys are the best thing to happen for dirt fans ever.keep kickin it.I'm at cedar lake now and,yes, the signal here sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by F.B.I. View Post
    Bubba... Is at you?
    No, its me, Lulu!.....dummy......(Fat Brunettes from Illinois) lol
    Lions don't worry about the opinions of sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Shelton View Post
    Odd situation you experienced with the MOWA feature because there were a lot of Sprint Car people listening that night to see how Rico did. Many of them were commenting on social media throughout the night about it, and this is the first I've heard somebody tell me it was down for the MOWA feature. That wireless card normally goes live about 2pm every day on race day so that I can work in the tower before the races, and unless we lose power or signal it doesn't get turned off until the races are over. Honestly do the very best that we can with it because we know for some this is the only way to keep up with their family members, friends, etc, when they are on the run. It's far from a perfect technology, but I like to think we give it our best shot.Thanks,Ben
    yall keep up the hard work ben. it does suck when DV and RM don't work, but hey that why either you goto the race or buy ppv or just wait for DOD show it the next morning. BTW you need get them put throw back Thursday back on dod, one of the reasons I pay for DOD :-\

I think Cedar Lake needs to put a tower up.. Heck they built a nice indoor arena.. You would think with the Masters, Nationals, various other big races there that they would have a tower put up... Cell service is spotty at best.. And i am sure they have known this for awhile..

Ben you guys work your butts off, i have witnessed it first hand sitting only a couple feet away on the deck.. Keep up the good work, don't let some of these guys get ya down..