Thread: Heim joint lube

Default Heim joint lube

What's the best lube you found and like

When we used ones that required lube, I liked TriFlow and still use it in places. But we switched to Teflon lined heims and they do not require lube (in fact it will ruin them if you lube them).

I agree with Matt on the Triflow. Almost all gokarters use the stuff, so it must be good. On a side note...back in my gokart days, I squirted some in my eye one night and thought I was done. It never burned or clouded up my contact.....Great product!
    Lions don't worry about the opinions of sheep.

Rem Oil designed for fire arms but works excellent. Available in sporting goods dept at wal mart.

Quote Originally Posted by 25drtrkr View Post
    I agree with Matt on the Triflow. Almost all gokarters use the stuff, so it must be good. On a side note...back in my gokart days, I squirted some in my eye one night and thought I was done. It never burned or clouded up my contact.....Great product!
    Go-karts is exactly where we started using it. And for what it's worth (nothing), it smells really good. We found the MSDS on it to try and figure out what was in it and learned that MSDS doesn't tell you much. They get to use fancy words on MSDS kind of like the word "flavoring" often appears on ingredient labels for food products.
    If you only went by MSDS, it's pretty much the exact same as WD-40 but clearly it isn't the exact same. Trade secrets I suppose.

QA1 sez to use penetrating oil and wipe off the excess. Tri-Flow is a great product, too.

I've been using silicone spray lube. It dries and leaves a decent film that wont let dust and dirt stick to it.

pb blaster and liquid wrench make a clear chain lube, works great on hiems and stays all night.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt49 View Post
    Go-karts is exactly where we started using it. And for what it's worth (nothing), it smells really good. We found the MSDS on it to try and figure out what was in it and learned that MSDS doesn't tell you much. They get to use fancy words on MSDS kind of like the word "flavoring" often appears on ingredient labels for food products.
    If you only went by MSDS, it's pretty much the exact same as WD-40 but clearly it isn't the exact same. Trade secrets I suppose.
    LOL....I like the way it smells, too!........Racers cologne?
    Lions don't worry about the opinions of sheep.

I like maxima motorcycle chain oil pretty good

Powdered Graphite.
    Cheap and easy to apply and doesn't collect dust.