Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Lucas drivers are King

It's beyond obvious. This year for sure. Lucas regulars are the tops. Outlaw regulars look like a bunch of regional series drivers head to head with them. Outlaw guys will be happy they wont have to deal with them again at Lernerville.

The quote of the year at least you pay attention dirt crow

Oh yeah best by far

You mean Davenport is king? It's also his first year as Lucas. Nobody else is a world beater this year by any means. This year it's been Davenport and Clanton, then everyone else. Second tier is Moyer, Bloomer, Weaver, Stovall, Erb, Owens, Feger.

Lucas tour brightly outshines the woo tour in terms of depth of talent......top to bottom.
    EVERYBODY HAS A GAME PLAN, UNTIL THEY GET PUNCHED IN THE FACE.......M.T

at cls for weekend woo wasnt on top at all. clanton didnt look good at all this weekend. agree all year davenport king.

Chub didnt run bad Thursday, but last night all the WoO guys were off big time with the exception of Junghans..

I appreciate it when Woo puts a show on for Lucas Guys.

indeed cedar lake was an embarrassment for WOO. and HOW DID BLOOMER GET A PROVISIONAL AND NOT ECKERT, A WOO regular. that's messed up!!!!!

that's what gets me is why scott b. and jimmy o. did not split up and win both championships when they both were in scott's chassis. its pretty clear to everyone that the lucas oil regulars are superior to the woo regulars..

Scott and Jimmy never really got along, you would see them talk at the races, but how often did you ever see them park beside one another? Hardly ever. Scott said in a interview awhile ago, if there was ever one guy he didn't ever want to get in his cars back in those days, it's was Jimmy. He knew he would tough to beat. They got along, but it wasn't like they giving info to each other.

Not sayin Lucas guys are running a tick better but who's dominating races on the Lucas tour other than Davenport?

And remember, 2nd place is 1st loser.
    8/13/16

Owens is second in points with 1 win. Richards is second in Outlaws points with 5 wins and he has a Lucas win also. So i agree that Davenport is the man this year and no one in any series can touch what he has accomplished this season. I sure don't think that Owens or Pearson would show up and start whipping Clanton and Richards. I know Bloomquist can win anywhere at anytime. But the rest of them. Francis, O'neal, Carrier, Erb, Landers are not setting the world on fire. Neither are Eckert, Frank, McCreadie, Bagley etc. when you run a series and a few guys catch fire like JD or Clanton it really makes most of the others look average or below. I don't see how someone can get on a message board and say for sure Carrier is better than Eckert or Erb is better than McCreadie when all year long they are all just finishing 5th, 10th, 7th, etc. also this goes in cycles like everything else in racing last year it was Lannigan and Bloomquist. This year JD and Clanton. Last year Bloomer's record in Outlaw races was 0 wins in 10 starts. Lannigan won 4 or 5 of those 10 starts. 2 years ago the 3 Outlaws went to Knoxville and ran top 3 all 3 nights. Eldora is another way to back up what i was trying to say. In the last few its been controlled by Lucas guys. Bloomer, JD, Blankenship. The few races before that were non series guys McDowell, Birkhoffer, Moyer. Before that Clanton won the Dream and World. Cycles it all cycles. In the sport of dirt latemodels it seems what is dominate right now will not be in 6 months so enjoy it. Rocket we're winning like crazy a few years back with Richards, Lannigan, Blankenship, then the bloomer and Owens, Eckert were great in the Bloomer cars, last year club cars and and the Sweet Bloomer cars now Longhorn. Everything changes. Was it 2 years ago Rumley was with Rocket, Davenport was in a Barry Wright fresh of getting fired by Boyer and Longhorns sucked, and Clanton was on a huge outlaws winless streak. thats what makes it great. The only thing in racing that is certain is that next year will probably be different.
    Go Buckeyes!!!

heard bloomer got a past champ prov.... Didn't Eckert win the big show several years back that should have given him the same past champ prov???

Eckert will most likely be switching to the lucas tour ......especially after the chassis switch.
    EVERYBODY HAS A GAME PLAN, UNTIL THEY GET PUNCHED IN THE FACE.......M.T

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Toledo, OH View Post
    Owens is second in points with 1 win. Richards is second in Outlaws points with 5 wins and he has a Lucas win also. So i agree that Davenport is the man this year and no one in any series can touch what he has accomplished this season. I sure don't think that Owens or Pearson would show up and start whipping Clanton and Richards. I know Bloomquist can win anywhere at anytime. But the rest of them. Francis, O'neal, Carrier, Erb, Landers are not setting the world on fire. Neither are Eckert, Frank, McCreadie, Bagley etc. when you run a series and a few guys catch fire like JD or Clanton it really makes most of the others look average or below. I don't see how someone can get on a message board and say for sure Carrier is better than Eckert or Erb is better than McCreadie when all year long they are all just finishing 5th, 10th, 7th, etc. also this goes in cycles like everything else in racing last year it was Lannigan and Bloomquist. This year JD and Clanton. Last year Bloomer's record in Outlaw races was 0 wins in 10 starts. Lannigan won 4 or 5 of those 10 starts. 2 years ago the 3 Outlaws went to Knoxville and ran top 3 all 3 nights. Eldora is another way to back up what i was trying to say. In the last few its been controlled by Lucas guys. Bloomer, JD, Blankenship. The few races before that were non series guys McDowell, Birkhoffer, Moyer. Before that Clanton won the Dream and World. Cycles it all cycles. In the sport of dirt latemodels it seems what is dominate right now will not be in 6 months so enjoy it. Rocket we're winning like crazy a few years back with Richards, Lannigan, Blankenship, then the bloomer and Owens, Eckert were great in the Bloomer cars, last year club cars and and the Sweet Bloomer cars now Longhorn. Everything changes. Was it 2 years ago Rumley was with Rocket, Davenport was in a Barry Wright fresh of getting fired by Boyer and Longhorns sucked, and Clanton was on a huge outlaws winless streak. thats what makes it great. The only thing in racing that is certain is that next year will probably be different.
    Very well said as always, I think you just summed up todays DLM racing very well. Dominance always changes, thats why its so enjoyable to see how each season plays out, and the big races have just begun. I think that this season is gonna really be one to remember, Scott didnt make weight, Moyer all but hanging it up after this year, and the run that the Rumleys are having with JD. Its only gonna get better

Quote Originally Posted by lb_sa View Post
    You mean Davenport is king? It's also his first year as Lucas. Nobody else is a world beater this year by any means. This year it's been Davenport and Clanton, then everyone else. Second tier is Moyer, Bloomer, Weaver, Stovall, Erb, Owens, Feger.
    Not his 1st year running Lucas full time. Ran full schedule with Bowyer 3 years ago. Got ROY honors.

It is so funny, how a lot of people are thinking JD might be cheating. I personally think he is just having a run and racers need to do their homework to beat him. Last half of the season last year it was all Bloomquist

Quote Originally Posted by JinxNC View Post
    Not his 1st year running Lucas full time. Ran full schedule with Bowyer 3 years ago. Got ROY honors.
    Truth, completely forgot about that.

Quote Originally Posted by JinxNC View Post
    Yea he couldnt prove himself w boyer. They missed out when they let him go.