Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Not sure it's related or not, but the guy who had been leasing Canandaigua announced tonight at the drivers meeting he's stepping down effective tomorrow. If it's related to the lawsuit, the Ward family should be ashamed of themselves.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Not sure it's related or not, but the guy who had been leasing Canandaigua announced tonight at the drivers meeting he's stepping down effective tomorrow. If it's related to the lawsuit, the Ward family should be ashamed of themselves.
    Yep..........shame.
    EVERYBODY HAS A GAME PLAN, UNTIL THEY GET PUNCHED IN THE FACE.......M.T

CIRF, the resident expert on blabbing on and on, and not knowing what He is talking About? I love mixing it up with you, well maybe because you are like politician. Yapping on and on without really making a point and trying to convince people you are telling the truth, and spinning out of control. LOL
    You do not know the first thing about a civil lawsuit BTW. This is apparent by your continuing to compare to OJ. I will not bother explaining the difference to you AGAIN. LOL
    Now get your Last Word little boy and then go back to bashing Kyle Busch and Nascar.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty55 View Post
    I know that the ward kid was higher than a kite the night of his death
    You really have no way of knowing this unless you were there with him. That's not how marijuana tests work.

If he was on a pot high I doubt that he could race a sprint car at the same time. Does anyone have any proof that they can?

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    CIRF, the resident expert on blabbing on and on, and not knowing what He is talking About? I love mixing it up with you, well maybe because you are like politician. Yapping on and on without really making a point and trying to convince people you are telling the truth, and spinning out of control. LOL
    You do not know the first thing about a civil lawsuit BTW. This is apparent by your continuing to compare to OJ. I will not bother explaining the difference to you AGAIN. LOL
    Now get your Last Word little boy and then go back to bashing Kyle Busch and Nascar.
    Aren't you supposed to be in the stands at the North/South right now rooting for another Jamison slam job???

Quote Originally Posted by jeffreymo View Post
    You really have no way of knowing this unless you were there with him. That's not how marijuana tests work.
    Not true. In the event of a fatality, they can measure the amount of THC metabolites in a person's system and that can narrow down the time when the last "dosage" was. In the case of Ward, it was determined that he had smoked within a few hours of his death.

Couple of things here.

1. If I actually believed tony Stewart killed my kid, all I would want from him is five minutes alone in a locked room. Not everyone in life is out for easy money. There's wrong and right, and living the good life off of my kids death would be wrong.

2. I still don't see how someone can be "responsible" for Wards death. He unbuckled, he got out of his car, he ran down the track. It's a sad situation, but the person responsible is no longer with us.

All these keyboard lawyers watching a youtube video. None of you can get out of a speeding ticket but have legal analysis of this incident. LOL
    Curious that we spend more time congratulating people who have succeeded than encouraging people who have not.

Quote Originally Posted by formercrewguy View Post
    The Ward's are asking for a jury trial. Bad news for Smoke. He will settle quickly.
    Do you think a jury will miss the facts? 1. Stewart had zero reason to be upset or mad at that kid. 2. That kid got out of his car while race cars were still moving. 3. That kid went toward a moving race car on foot ( he was the aggressor) 4. Its hard to see out of the right side of a sprint car with a wing on it. 5. The kid was wearing a black drivers suit in the dark. 6. He had drugs in his system. 7. The only thing Stewart is guilty of is being in the car that some jack a$$ decided to run at and try to grab. 8. Stewart can afford really good lawyers. This is a disgrace that his family continues with this bs. This is 100% the fault of Kevin Ward. Stay in your car = still alive.
    Go Buckeyes!!!

Also, a lot of people keep mentioning Tony Stewart's past antics. Kevin Ward had been warned by the sanction about getting out of his car on the track a month prior to the incident. How come nobody ever brings that up?

If the Wards want to save face, they will donate the proceeds of the upcoming settlement to charity.

I think what CIRF is trying to say is a civil suit is not the same as a criminal case and a civil suit they do not have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt. They only need to prove he is liable which is much easier.
    And with Tony past history I can see a jury reaching a guilty verdict but, I can also see with Kevin's testing positive for drugs and leaving his race car when told not too a jury reaching a not guilty verdict. This could go either way in my opinion

The scumbag ambulance chaser lawyers will be the only winners here..

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Also, a lot of people keep mentioning Tony Stewart's past antics. Kevin Ward had been warned by the sanction about getting out of his car on the track a month prior to the incident. How come nobody ever brings that up?
    Denial josh........just plain old denial is why.
    Last edited by Okfine; 08-09-2015 at 03:38 PM.

Hopefully despite strong bias from a faithful fan base and being a famous national driver will not be an influence in the court's decision. But I doubt it. There is more than one "WRONG" in this incident. There is more to it than trying to pin drug usage and getting out of the car at a bad time as being the total fault in this tragic incident. One driver felt that he got pinched off in the turn, whether it was just racing or not, they were angered. Gunning the race car when nearing the driver must not be overlooked. Many drivers have gotten out of their cars at a time of anger or emergency.

Trying to pin ALL the blame on the deceased driver is not a fair conclusion.

A large settlement out of court is the most likely decision and if so then all we can hope for is that this was the best justice. But there is only one person who knows the most about this tragedy and if it was just that, then may the conscience be cleared so that person can get past this.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Hopefully despite strong bias from a faithful fan base and being a famous national driver will not be an influence in the court's decision. But I doubt it. There is more than one "WRONG" in this incident. There is more to it than trying to pin drug usage and getting out of the car at a bad time as being the total fault in this tragic incident. One driver felt that he got pinched off in the turn, whether it was just racing or not, they were angered. Gunning the race car when nearing the driver must not be overlooked. Many drivers have gotten out of their cars at a time of anger or emergency.

A large settlement out of court is the most likely decision and if so then all we can hope for is that this was the best justice. But there is only one person who knows the most about this tragedy and if it was just that, then may the conscience be cleared so that person can get past this.

Simple question if he stays in the car, is he still alive today?

I'll do you one better, if he just pulls a Stapleton and goes halfway and throws something, he still alive today?

It's a cash grab.......

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post

I really don't subscribe to the getting justice in this...........rarely if ever is justice a remedy for stupiity and anger.

Racing is dangerous........especially if your out there racing on foot and running towards moving race cars.

I have sympathy for the loss of a child, I have zero sympathy for the loss of morals.

Blood money...........shameful.

Quote Originally Posted by Okfine View Post
    Denial josh........just plain all denial is why.
    The reality of his whole deal is the people with the strongest opinions are basing their entire argument on a crappy YouTube video shot from across the track with a retard saying "Tony Stewart hit that guy".

The kid that shot that video and ran home to post it on YouTube is no longer welcome at the race tracks around that way, for good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Toledo, OH View Post
    Do you think a jury will miss the facts? 1. Stewart had zero reason to be upset or mad at that kid. 2. That kid got out of his car while race cars were still moving. 3. That kid went toward a moving race car on foot ( he was the aggressor) 4. Its hard to see out of the right side of a sprint car with a wing on it. 5. The kid was wearing a black drivers suit in the dark. 6. He had drugs in his system. 7. The only thing Stewart is guilty of is being in the car that some jack a$$ decided to run at and try to grab. 8. Stewart can afford really good lawyers. This is a disgrace that his family continues with this bs. This is 100% the fault of Kevin Ward. Stay in your car = still alive.
    Any good attorney will tell you that a jury is somewhat of a crapshoot based on the emotion aspect.....

Very easy to paint the " mean ole angry RICH nascar guy ran over my completely innocent son" picture to a jury.