Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by t.nie View Post
    OJ was found not guilty in the death of his ex and her boyfriend in a criminal trial and lost the wrongful death suit. So it aint like it never happens. And much of what hung OJ was his past track record of aggressive, violent, volatile behavior.

Doesn't matter what anyone "believes" the cause of the kid's death was on here or in the stands or in the racing media. All that matters is what a jury can be persuaded to believe. Quite frankly, I think the most experienced driver on the track hit the guy and killed him and that, regardless of whether or not it was criminal, is going to be pretty hard for Stewart to negate.

Everyone else missed him, why didn't you? It was dark? You've been driving race cars on dimly lit tracks all over the country for 25 years, that's no excuse. It was dark and you didn't see him? Really? You can race at full speed under that lighting, throwing it into corners, dodging flying parts, missing cones, tires, safety workers for years but you couldn't see him in time that night? You see a car stopped on the high side of the track and don't think for a second there could be a person somewhere near it, on the track, that you should be watching out for? Really? THAT is the level of caution you exhibit under "caution?" Hmmmm.....

It's like hitting the kid in the crosswalk in front of the school when you sneeze at the wrong moment. Sure, it's an accident and you weren't necessarily negligent, but under the circumstances it's going to be real hard to not be saddled with some responsibility for a dead kid, as unfair or horrible as that is.-

Tony is best off paying these folks a settlement, closing this chapter of his life and moving on. My personal opinion is it is exactly what Stewart says it was, a pure accident, nothing more, nothing less. But his best option is just getting this closed and moving on as quickly as possible. Fighting the family of the dead son, killed by a guy with a history of violent, impulsive behavior is NOT going to be good for the image of Tony Stewart and more importantly, his sponsors. Sponsors aren't going to be wanting to see their money spent on lawyers and fighting this thing, there's no upside for them being in the fight with Stewart on this one. Nothing to gain at all.

Look for an out of court settlement for an undisclosed amount and gag orders all around. Stewart is just going to want this sealed up and gone as quickly as possible and I can see him paying it personally regardless of insurance, protected assets, etc. I just can't see him risking the rest of his career, his business, his employees, his everything to fight this. The loss is potentially too great in the long term.

He'll pay just to protect his own future. The sooner this goes away, with the least amount of coverage, the better for Tony Stewart.
    This Kid ran down the track at a moving car, no ones fault but his own.
    It is a shame that these people could have money fix their problems and the death of their child.

One last thing. Maybe to the chagrin of some on here. Stewart's lawyers will have this ambulance chasing Attorney for lunch. So any hope of further damage to Stewart will not be happening. Stewart's sponsors and everyone that matters is in support of Stewart. Nothing to see here. If Tony decides to give them some money, none of us will ever know.

Quote Originally Posted by Okfine View Post
    It's already been said and vetted that the revving car wasn't Stewarts...........
    Who's was it then? Bring us this public knowledge.

No sir, it has not been vetted at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Who's was it then? Bring us this public knowledge.

No sir, it has not been vetted at all.
    See above post #125

And yes, it has........the first time by a grand jury.
    EVERYBODY HAS A GAME PLAN, UNTIL THEY GET PUNCHED IN THE FACE.......M.T

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    One last thing. Maybe to the chagrin of some on here. Stewart's lawyers will have this ambulance chasing Attorney for lunch. So any hope of further damage to Stewart will not be happening. Stewart's sponsors and everyone that matters is in support of Stewart. Nothing to see here. If Tony decides to give them some money, none of us will ever know.
    As it should be........

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    I know you do not like Stewart. Fine. But I thought you were better than what you have been posting. Shame on you

Dang it! Got a light TS???

I pay very little attention to posters on 4M; never have, never will. I do recall someone in the past referring to Clayton Wetter as the 4M Resident Dumba$$. That person may have been on to something!

Quote Originally Posted by t.nie View Post
    OJ was found not guilty in the death of his ex and her boyfriend in a criminal trial and lost the wrongful death suit. So it aint like it never happens. And much of what hung OJ was his past track record of aggressive, violent, volatile behavior.

Doesn't matter what anyone "believes" the cause of the kid's death was on here or in the stands or in the racing media. All that matters is what a jury can be persuaded to believe. Quite frankly, I think the most experienced driver on the track hit the guy and killed him and that, regardless of whether or not it was criminal, is going to be pretty hard for Stewart to negate.

Everyone else missed him, why didn't you? It was dark? You've been driving race cars on dimly lit tracks all over the country for 25 years, that's no excuse. It was dark and you didn't see him? Really? You can race at full speed under that lighting, throwing it into corners, dodging flying parts, missing cones, tires, safety workers for years but you couldn't see him in time that night? You see a car stopped on the high side of the track and don't think for a second there could be a person somewhere near it, on the track, that you should be watching out for? Really? THAT is the level of caution you exhibit under "caution?" Hmmmm.....

It's like hitting the kid in the crosswalk in front of the school when you sneeze at the wrong moment. Sure, it's an accident and you weren't necessarily negligent, but under the circumstances it's going to be real hard to not be saddled with some responsibility for a dead kid, as unfair or horrible as that is.-

Tony is best off paying these folks a settlement, closing this chapter of his life and moving on. My personal opinion is it is exactly what Stewart says it was, a pure accident, nothing more, nothing less. But his best option is just getting this closed and moving on as quickly as possible. Fighting the family of the dead son, killed by a guy with a history of violent, impulsive behavior is NOT going to be good for the image of Tony Stewart and more importantly, his sponsors. Sponsors aren't going to be wanting to see their money spent on lawyers and fighting this thing, there's no upside for them being in the fight with Stewart on this one. Nothing to gain at all.

Look for an out of court settlement for an undisclosed amount and gag orders all around. Stewart is just going to want this sealed up and gone as quickly as possible and I can see him paying it personally regardless of insurance, protected assets, etc. I just can't see him risking the rest of his career, his business, his employees, his everything to fight this. The loss is potentially too great in the long term.

He'll pay just to protect his own future. The sooner this goes away, with the least amount of coverage, the better for Tony Stewart.
    You say everybody missed him, why didn,t you. The answer to that is simple. He wasn,t walking towards any ones elses car, He only walked toward Stewarts car...

He is an article is just came across on Facebook that has some pretty good insight on the Tony Stewart & Kevin Ward Jr. accident.
    LINK BELOW.
    https://musingmaryann.wordpress.com/...kevin-ward-sr/
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    I pay very little attention to posters on 4M; never have, never will. I do recall someone in the past referring to Clayton Wetter as the 4M Resident Dumba$$. That person may have been on to something!

Ouch!!! Now you're making that up. Sorry, i must have hit a nerve. Feel better now?

Just think if more racers hammmered the gas more often when some is out of there car walking towards them to show there displeasure with them, how many more people would be dead. Bet stewert wishes he would of slammed on the brakes instead gassing an 800 hp engine with huge tires, might of been a totally different out come......

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    He is an article is just came across on Facebook that has some pretty good insight on the Tony Stewart & Kevin Ward Jr. accident.
    LINK BELOW.
    https://musingmaryann.wordpress.com/...kevin-ward-sr/
    Very good article......Makes you wonder, what the Ward family will say when some of their own or Jrs friends have to confess they smoked pot with him before the race. I would think, that would make them partially liable also!
    Lions don't worry about the opinions of sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil P. View Post
    Lol, he may not be reading many posts but it is clear he payed close attention to what Litey had to say!! Don't say much for him however tho do it there big guy???
    Yepper, where is that RED button when you really need it????

Quote Originally Posted by glover11 View Post
    Just think if more racers hammmered the gas more often when some is out of there car walking towards them to show there displeasure with them, how many more people would be dead. Bet stewert wishes he would of slammed on the brakes instead gassing an 800 hp engine with huge tires, might of been a totally different out come......
    Careful, some people are claiming that he didn't hammer the gas. I can't figure out how they can get out of that one though.
    Last edited by Clayton_Wetter; 08-12-2015 at 08:16 PM.

And if it would have happened exactly as you described, Tony would still be sitting in jail for murder.............but it didn't.

Sorry

And the jury verdict will show just that.................small insignificant wager?
    Last edited by Okfine; 08-11-2015 at 11:29 PM.

If you read my post earlier, I am of the opinion that it was what Stewart says it was, an accident, plain and simple. One with tragic consequences, and the deceased is certainly not without some responsibility for his own actions that led to his demise, but an accident for both him and Stewart, none the less.

Not disagreeing with anyone on that. Getting mad and trying to make your point while cars are still moving on the track is, well.... playing in traffic.

However, and here is how I think it could play out IF it ever gets to a jury to hear both sides is Stewart saying it was dark, I didn't see him, limited vision in the car, he ran at me, etc...

It was dark?--you do this all the time, it was not too dark to drive 80 mph and race, but you couldn't see the guy or his car and assume there could be someone out of the car on the track as you approached?

He came running right at my car-- what, so not only did you not see him or see his car but now you are trying to tell us you missed a guy TRYING to get your attention?

Then add into the mix the footage of Stewart being Smoke, running his mouth at officials, throwing his helmet, fighting, his stints in anger management, an entire career built on being an aggressive, hard nosed racer, etc with a history of volatile behavior.

Then pile on his years of experience, being the most experienced guy on the track, etc...

Like I said, and I will say it again, it was an accident. But when you start piling up all the stuff that could, and probably would, be used to paint this really ugly picture of Stewart based on all the stuff he has in his past, plus the circumstances of the kid running right at him and him not missing him, it would seem to me that taking the risk of a non-racing jury seeing this from Stewarts perspective or a weeping mom and grieving dad's perspective, I don't think Stewart is going to risk his entire life's work on that jury being totally objective and seeing this as an accident.

I see Stewarts lawyers reaching out to the Ward family lawyer and asking, in the nicest possible way, "Their son is gone, money isn't going to bring him back. Tony is forever going to carry this with him and has to wake up every day and go to sleep every night thinking, and wishing he could go back to that day and do something, anything different so this never happened. He would give anything to change that. But this being the case and this being what it is, the outcome of a civil suit in front of a jury is a cash award. So instead of taking this to a jury to get them what they seek, why don't you just tell us how much the Ward family would consider justice for their son and let us see if we can work this out without dragging their son and some of the other facts of this case through mud? At this point, no one has anything to gain from this going to a jury. How much would the Ward family need to feel they were adequately compensated for their loss?"

And then its just numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Careful, some people are claiming that he didn't hammer the gas. I can't figure out they can get out of that one though.
    Because he didn't hammer the gas. That's why they didn't file charges. If he had, Tony would be sitting in Attica.

I said it before and I'll say it again. If you base your opinion off of some sh*tty YouTube video, your opinion is completely invalid.
    Last edited by Josh Bayko; 08-12-2015 at 08:13 AM.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Okfine View Post
    And if it would have happened exactly as you described, Tony would still be sitting in jail for murder.............but it didn't. Sorry And the jury verdict will show just that.................small insignificant wager?
    you ever heard of OJ SIMPSON ? you dont think being a high profile sport figure had anything to do with it fame and money? like i said, it would of been a totally different out come if he would of maybe thought about using the brake pedal instead of the gas, just to show how big of a baddazz he thinks he is.. INTIMIDATION = manslaughter .

you ever heard of OJ SIMPSON ? you dont think being a high profile sport figure had anything to do with it fame and money? like i said, it would of been a totally different out come if he would of maybe thought about using the brake pedal instead of the gas, just to show how big of a baddazz he thinks he is.. INTIMIDATION = manslaughter .
    Ok fine..............get back to us when it's done.