Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

I've been a fan who has found Davenport favorable and likable for years now. But I am getting totally irritated about how some people are taking his success this year to go on some sort of bragging and boasting rampage. BEST EVER!!! NOBODY'S EVER DONE ANYTHING SO GREAT IN HISTORY!!! BLAH BLAH BLAH. It's getting downright stupid on here with people carrying on about human beings like they are GODS.

Fact is there are several great drivers out there clear down to the local level that if given the same opportunities could do just as well. Almost unlimited funding, professional everything from chassis builders to set up gurus will get you a long way with a good driver. Gaining experience is a must. And then there are times when a team will discover how to make their car handle and gain more traction than the other teams.

This is what I believe is happening right now. The Davenport team his hit upon one or more discoveries that is allowing them to gain more traction than the other teams.

It's no special cape or being a superman, it's money, knowledge, and discovery. They have something going, either legal or illegal that is giving them the edge. They will not step backwards now that they have come this far until someone discovers what they are doing. Maybe they will and maybe they won't for a while at least.

Regardless Davenport is a top notch driver and will continue to be. But they are getting the power to the ground better than the others and THIS is the reason for the success.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    I've been a fan who has found Davenport favorable and likable for years now. But I am getting totally irritated about how some people are taking his success this year to go on some sort of bragging and boasting rampage. BEST EVER!!! NOBODY'S EVER DONE ANYTHING SO GREAT IN HISTORY!!! BLAH BLAH BLAH. It's getting downright stupid on here with people carrying on about human beings like they are GODS.

Fact is there are several great drivers out there clear down to the local level that if given the same opportunities could do just as well. Almost unlimited funding, professional everything from chassis builders to set up gurus will get you a long way with a good driver. Gaining experience is a must. And then there are times when a team will discover how to make their car handle and gain more traction than the other teams.

This is what I believe is happening right now. The Davenport team his hit upon one or more discoveries that is allowing them to gain more traction than the other teams.

It's no special cape or being a superman, it's money, knowledge, and discovery. They have something going, either legal or illegal that is giving them the edge. They will not step backwards now that they have come this far until someone discovers what they are doing. Maybe they will and maybe they won't for a while at least.

Regardless Davenport is a top notch driver and will continue to be. But they are getting the power to the ground better than the others and THIS is the reason for the success.
    I miss my green rep button great post .

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro23 View Post
    It's not considered cheating until they state in the rule book that whatever he is doing is no longer allowed. I didn't consider Bloomquists streak last year cheating. Over the winter, Lucas oil changed the rules, and if he would run those shocks now, it would be considered cheating, but not before the rules took place. If you don't think all of these big time drivers are trying different things to be faster than you're crazy, JD and Rumley have hit on something that nobody has found yet. Is it considered cheating if there's no rule about it in the rule book? No. Could that change next year? yes. For now, lets enjoy history.

To the people who say JD is an average driver, you are insane. JD has been on the rise for years. Look at Owens, he came out of nowhere a few years back and won everything in a few year stretch, now he is considered one of the best. The 6 team has the right combination of everything right now, and they are clicking. All it takes is for everything to come together.
    Nice post penn.......
    EVERYBODY HAS A GAME PLAN, UNTIL THEY GET PUNCHED IN THE FACE.......M.T

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post

It's ONE of many reasons they are successful.........

First, I can't believe all this crap is up to 13 pages. Second, if anyone doubts JD's accomplishments, go to his web page.com and see for yourself. End of rant.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I would take a suitcase full of cash over hoping to continue to win.
    Yeah, I get you MR. But I can't see Mark handing over a couple hundred thousand for the Rumleys secrets or whatever the deal is supposed to be and I just don't see him completely buying Longhorn out. Even though Rocket might be behind on big stage they are still selling plenty of cars. Not a need in buying out the Labontes as was suggested. R and D and making the product better is cheaper than what has been mentioned. Maybe I'm wrong and Mark is throwing the bank at them. It's probably all BS rumor anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Links View Post
    I really don't feel like reading through 13 pages of 4m jibbrish but I will say this...

I spoke face to face with Kevin Rumley on the front stretch at the NS 100 and I directly asked him what the hell was going on with all the Longhorn stuff being talked about lately. His answer was "Nothing, nothing is changing. It's all rumors and none of it's true." I know Kevin enough to know that he wouldn't purposely misdirect me and he definitely wouldn't flat out lie to my face. Our group supports them and they hang out with us...often. Take that for what it's worth...straight from the horses mouth.
    Careful links........exposing the truth around these parts will get you banned, or worse.

Another good post and besides, everything at the rocket headquarters is just fine anyway......right?
    They don't need no stinkin longhorn advice....

Quote Originally Posted by mud duck View Post
    Yeah, I get you MR. But I can't see Mark handing over a couple hundred thousand for the Rumleys secrets or whatever the deal is supposed to be and I just don't see him completely buying Longhorn out. Even though Rocket might be behind on big stage they are still selling plenty of cars. Not a need in buying out the Labontes as was suggested. R and D and making the product better is cheaper than what has been mentioned. Maybe I'm wrong and Mark is throwing the bank at them. It's probably all BS rumor anyway.
    Your last sentence is the answer.......end of thread.

The pics show how the LR Hoosier went from being white to blue. Zoom in a little even as he is going under the checkered and see the blue tint of the LR compared to the LF. And don't even try to say it must be off of Erb's car. Because look at the pics from Smoky Mountain, must be the same tire. He must get exceptional tire wear,LOL. If Lucas wants to keep ranting and raving over this, then they should probably not allow any photographers in the infield without signing a waiver.

Eddie Carrier Jr has the same LR tire. You guys are looking in the wrong direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier_Dirt View Post
    Eddie Carrier Jr has the same LR tire. You guys are looking in the wrong direction.
    Yep......it's out there in plain sight.

The consperorists should try a different theory.......open eyes....actually listen instead of gum flapping.....and take notes.

I absolutely love it....and being an old guy, love it even more that Leroy is providing the hp for this epic run.

I think what everybody is missing is that they are using lightweight lead for the ballast.......mystery solved.

They're just on their game. Everything's clicking.

All im gonna say is congrats to a good group of fellas and continued success on the performance they've had so far this yr.. as they say "when your on your on"..!!
    Nothin Like Dirt In Your Beer.......

OK looks like Kevin has let the cat out of the bag!

https://twitter.com/k_rumley/status/630816489692614657

Pretty obvious the Rumley/Davenport Team are having fun with this run of success. Good for them. They've definitely got everyone scrambling.
    8/13/16

I saw the tapered leaf under there, but kept quiet.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Looks like they have been testing with s10.....who knew?

All this BS hey guy's it's called BALL'S to the wall

i'm a little slow to this party cause I've been around since moyer was a kid out of des moines, but holy spit!!!

What a season! hope he doesn't stink up the Knoxville late model nationals!

to the haters: just watch and enjoy. someday you'll fondly recall witnessing such a year.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard