Default Ponderosa Speedway catch fence?

Anyone notice that about half the catch fence is missing in turn 4? I got up and set somewhere else when I noticed it. You would think they would fix that. My first time to Ponderosa Speedway, good race but the place is a mess.

*sit somewhere else

Shouldn't have to. Should not run like that and I bet the insurance company would shi t

Quote Originally Posted by makin'bakin' View Post
    *sit somewhere else
    There's an educated answer.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

yea, by the time I got there that was the only place to sit. It was clay rain pellets. Its all good...... thank goodness no one hopped the fence and joined me in the stands, they were darn close!!!!!

Yeah, that's junk, IMO. Fix the fence for safety, if you can't afford to, put a lock on the front gate. Careless promotion that could get a fan killed.

They will do somthing when someone gets hurt
    Sadly to say

Pond has come a long way in the last 3-4 yrs. I'm sure they'll upgrade and fix things as they go along. They're not use to having a lot of big shows so now that they are I'm sure they will keep improving. Jerry has done a lot with that place since taking the reins. Thanks for all the input and support, I'm sure it wont fall on deaf ears.
    Last edited by deadringer; 08-23-2015 at 11:03 AM.

Hope they reconfigure it

Most all tracks are not spending money on facilities or track prep...
    I've been all over the country, saw Bloomquist when he began (= # of years we're talking here)
    Spent 10s of $1,000 on following dirt track racing...
    But now days I spend less than $100 a year and follow every race and series through DOD...
    If promoters ever get back to caring about fans and racing, I will be back...
    But the sport has been neglected by the promoters and is getting worse, not better...
    Sad to see it dwindle away..

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier_Dirt View Post
    Hope they reconfigure it
    No need to change a great racing surface.

Regarding the fence or lack thereof, it didn't seem to bother the dozens of geniuses who willingly lined it before the start of the WoO race back in May and held up the program for several minutes while officials pleaded with them to move.

Hope they reconfigure it
    Why? It's consistently racy with two grooves. It's far and away the best racing surface in Central Kentucky, and along with Florence, the best in the state. Leave it alone, the Pond is fine.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

Surface is fine, just so high side dominate.

Surface is fine, just so high side dominate.
    Marlar won by being maneuverable and running the bottom in 1 and 2. And for what it's worth, I'll take a high side dominant track over a low side dominant track any day. Eventually the cushion slicks off and the bottom comes in. Take Portsmouth or Richmond as the opposite. The top at either is mostly worthless, and rarely is usable on longer shows. PRP could fix theirs by eliminating the ledge.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

I was there for the WoO race in May and people were standing all the way in the middle of turns 3 and 4. The officials kept asking people to move before they finally taped it off. Pretty dangerous to stand there with no fence. But going down where seats are at in turn 4, there seems to be some fence missing. Didn't really notice it until I started looking at some my pictures. If they are going to continue to have these huge crowds, they need to add more seats and fencing.