Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Billy Moyer 800 wins

Lost in the Superman hype this weekend, Moyer won his 800th.

What an unbelievable number. Do you think anyone can ever hit this number again? I feel like with the parity out there today that we will never witness this again.

Congrats to Mr. Smooth!

Quote Originally Posted by lb_sa View Post
    Lost in the Superman hype this weekend, Moyer won his 800th.

What an unbelievable number. Do you think anyone can ever hit this number again? I feel like with the parity out there today that we will never witness this again.

Congrats to Mr. Smooth!
    There is no way anybody will hit that number again, Scott Bloomquist want even get close Billy is the best ever he has the numbers to back it up to.

He is cheating......there is no way anyone can be that dominant and not be cheating.......right 4m???
    EVERYBODY HAS A GAME PLAN, UNTIL THEY GET PUNCHED IN THE FACE.......M.T

Davenport will have 800 wins in 3 years. (In my sarcastic voice).

Quote Originally Posted by dalemcfan View Post
    Davenport will have 800 wins in 3 years. (In my sarcastic voice).
    That's only averaging a little over 21 races won per year since 1977..........and let's be real, many of Billy's wins have come against less than stellar fields at less than stellar facilities.......especially early on.

Guy is a legend no doubt...........but let's not go into this conversation totally blind to the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by T-MAC39FAN View Post
    Yea everybody but bloomer cheats. Thats why hes been ranked #1.
    Roger that tmac.........and for the record, I like bloomer.

hmm, I am not sure I agree with you on that. He always went where the money was. He never really raced local regular Saturday night shows. Even if he did the competition in Iowa was always tough!

Quote Originally Posted by Okfine View Post
    That's only averaging a little over 21 races won per year since 1977..........and let's be real, many of Billy's wins have come against less than stellar fields at less than stellar facilities.......especially early on.

Guy is a legend no doubt...........but let's not go into this conversation totally blind to the facts.

Less than Stellar fields? Look back to the World 100 history and hall of fame. Iowa drivers where as tough to beat as there was at that time. It was a great place to learn to race. You can't be the best, unless you race the best. There was no easy wins in the 70s there. 50 to 70 LM at any race that paid well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    Less than Stellar fields? Look back to the World 100 history and hall of fame. Iowa drivers where as tough to beat as there was at that time. It was a great place to learn to race. You can't be the best, unless you race the best. There was no easy wins in the 70s there. 50 to 70 LM at any race that paid well.
    And if out of those 800 wins, they were all against the fields that you describe then I would be totally on board with you.......I'll look back , all the way back, at every Win and every field.........if you will.

And ask yourself the question..........did they all pay well enough to have 50 to 70 cars??? And out of the ones that did, did billy win them all?????

Not trying to be disrespectful , just trying to be real..................did you miss the part where I said he was a " legend for sure"?

Every driver has cherry picked some races......all of them have done it, some more than others.

800 wins is fantastic, but out of the 800 how many were against equal foes and full fields of the same type caliber of driver/equipment.
    Last edited by Okfine; 08-10-2015 at 01:02 PM.

And if out of those 800 wins, they were all against the fields that you describe then I would be totally on board with you.......I'll look back , all the way back, at every Win and every field.........if you will.

And ask yourself the question..........did they all pay well enough to have 50 to 70 cars??? And out of the ones that did, did billy win them all?????

Not trying to be disrespectful , just trying to be real..................did you miss the part where I said he was a " legend for sure"?

Every driver has cherry picked some races......all of them have done it, some more than others.

800 wins is fantastic, but out of the 800 how many were against equal foes and full fields of the same type caliber of driver/equipment.
    Are you fuking serious? A guy gets 800 wins and you are questioning the type of fields he raced against.

Get the fuk outta here!

to bad the genes didn't pass on to jr. jr.

800 wins is fantastic, but out of the 800 how many were against equal foes and the same type caliber of driver/equipment.
    I was there in the 50s 60s and 70s. There was no easy wins. In the 70s you could race 4 nights a week, but there was no easy wins with a average of 60 cars showing up. You must forget, that Billy had a top of the line car with the help of Joe Merifield, World 100 winner and raced for Billy's dad.

As far as being equal, I'm not sure anyone is equal to Mr Smooth and most aren't as smart. Just think of the guys he ran with. The fast boys from Keokuk, Derr, Stott, Blankenships, White and Hutchersons. Ken Walton, Darrel Dake, Ed Sanger, Fred Horn, Roger Doland, Bob Hansen, Cosisky's, Weedon, Tom Hirsh, Dave Berkoffer, Larry Philips, Ray Guss, Gary Webb and so many more that escape me right now. There was no cherry picking in Iowa back then. He defiantly is a Legend and earned it. No one, won them all, but there was a lot of races and that makes my case, that there was no cherries to pick. If he had started out in some other part of the country, his win total may have been more or he may not have developed into the racer he is.

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdirt View Post
    Are you fuking serious? A guy gets 800 wins and you are questioning the type of fields he raced against.

Get the fuk outta here!
    Have you even looked husker??

The guy is a legend, but let's face it...........

Petty had a huge amount of wins in nascar too.......

Mayweather wins a lot of fights too.....

Obama got a lot of votes too......

McGuire hit a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)load of home runs

Who were they up against though or how were they cheating?

Stop trying to make something out of this that's not there.......the guy is a legend, he is as dedicated or more so than anyone in the sport so obviously he is (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) good......but at least look into it before you dismiss.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    I was there in the 50s 60s and 70s. There was no easy wins. In the 70s you could race 4 nights a week, but there was no easy wins with a average of 60 cars showing up. You must forget, that Billy had a top of the line car with the help of Joe Merifield, World 100 winner and raced for Billy's dad.

As far as being equal, I'm not sure anyone is equal to Mr Smooth and most aren't as smart. Just think of the guys he ran with. The fast boys from Keokuk, Derr, Stott, Blankenships, White and Hutchersons. Ken Walton, Darrel Dake, Ed Sanger, Fred Horn, Roger Doland, Bob Hansen, Cosisky's, Weedon, Tom Hirsh, Dave Berkoffer, Larry Philips, Ray Guss, Gary Webb and so many more that escape me right now. There was no cherry picking in Iowa back then. He defiantly is a Legend and earned it. No one, won them all, but there was a lot of races and that makes my case, that there was no cherries to pick. If he had started out in some other part of the country, his win total may have been more or he may not have developed into the racer he is.
    No case to be made.........he isn't running against the same type fields or equipment that the guys are today.
    His record won't be touched but I challenge you to take a look at the races he won, the lineups he won against and the number of cars per event.

The guy is a haus...........but let's be pragmatic here.

Have you even looked husker??

The guy is a legend, but let's face it...........

Petty had a huge amount of wins in nascar too.......

Mayweather wins a lot of fights too.....

Obama got a lot of votes too......

McGuire hit a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)load of home runs

Who were they up against though or how were they cheating?

Stop trying to make something out of this that's not there.......the guy is a legend, he is as dedicated or more so than anyone in the sport so obviously he is (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) good......but at least look into it before you dismiss.
    You are making something out of this.... Not me.

I've looked into it. He won a lot of races against a variety of competition just like Bubster said. Competition was tough in Iowa back in those days. I get refreshers on it every year when those drivers speak at Knoxville.

Should we dismiss what he has done because it wasn't against top notch competition every time out??? Then I guess we should dismiss what every athlete (or racer) has ever accomplished because part of there achievements weren't against top level competition.

800 wins is a gigantic huge awesome lot of wins!

Wonder how many races he started to get 800 wins?

Billy Moyer one of the best ever no doubt about it.

Mr. Smoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooth

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdirt View Post
    You are making something out of this.... Not me.

I've looked into it. He won a lot of races against a variety of competition just like Bubster said. Competition was tough in Iowa back in those days. I get refreshers on it every year when those drivers speak at Knoxville.

Should we dismiss what he has done because it wasn't against top notch competition every time out??? Then I guess we should dismiss what every athlete (or racer) has ever accomplished because part of there achievements weren't against top level competition.
    It certainly has to be taken into consideration..........and in case you didn't notice, I'm dismissing nothing.
    Are you one of those guys on here that just picks out certain parts of posts just so that you can make a stink.

Short of me saying he is the Dali lama of dirt racing I think I've acknowledged his legendary status in the dlm world.

All I'm saying is that he in no way back then is racing against the fields he or anybody else is consistently racing against today in woo, lucas,or any other current subsanction......

Nothing more, nothing less.

And I'm no rookie either when it comes to following dlm racing for the past 30 years.....it's not new to me.

Quote Originally Posted by deez lug nuts View Post
    800 wins is a gigantic huge awesome lot of wins!

Wonder how many races he started to get 800 wins?

Billy Moyer one of the best ever no doubt about it.

Mr. Smoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooth
    That would be a great stat to look at.............interesting question.

No case to be made.........he isn't running against the same type fields or equipment that the guys are today.
    His record won't be touched but I challenge you to take a look at the races he won, the lineups he won against and the number of cars per event.

The guy is a haus...........but let's be pragmatic here.
    No case to be made? You don't even know who half those guys are that Bubster mentioned above.

Exclamation

No case to be made.........he isn't running against the same type fields or equipment that the guys are today.His record won't be touched but I challenge you to take a look at the races he won, the lineups he won against and the number of cars per event.The guy is a haus...........but let's be pragmatic here.
    This may be the dumbest question ever. Questioning Moyers wins is laughable. Who else has won 6 globes?