Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty55 View Post
    And I find it funny how you claim to have read 4m since it has been on the net but yet you've only been here since 2013? All the above mentioned are tough competitors that's a fact...... But once again y'all are missing Okfines point....... He has never once said that Billy Moyer wasn't good!! He has never once said Moyer wasn't a legend!! And like I said before what he has said is that the competition now days is stacked much tougher and deeper than back when Billy was younger......
    I guess you just say it better than I do nasty.......again.

Thanks
    EVERYBODY HAS A GAME PLAN, UNTIL THEY GET PUNCHED IN THE FACE.......M.T

Quote Originally Posted by Phil P. View Post
    Yes, race fans do pay a large part of his program and do have a right to complain.
    Who's complaining?????

I'm just making a general statement and observation.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Okfine View Post
    I guess you just say it better than I do nasty.......again.

Thanks

No thanks needed buddy....
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBandit12 View Post
    Hmm, I am not impressed with some of you gentlemen here. I get that some of you are die hard Bloomquist fans and that is ok. But if you think Moyer has not raced enough against the so called big boys is laughable. I get he wasn't at Florance and some of you are butthurt about it. But if you look at Florance payout it does not pay very well, second place only gets 10,000 bucks. I think 3rd gets 7,000. He can race closer to home for second and third place and does not have to drive crap load of miles. To me that is a smart business decision. He has probably put on more miles then anyone in the history of late model racing. Also wanted to say he goes to East Bay every year and leads the deal with the most wins with 26. Bloomer has 6. East bay probably has the most competition anywhere because there is no other racing going on. Also the Volusia Winternationals Moyer also leads that with 19 and Bloomer has 10. I like both Moyer and Bloomer and I am glad I got to see them race a bunch together!
    so are you saying he is basically a 2nd or 3rd place car now? any way billy has my upmost respect and I wish he would have went to the N/S. it would have made this thread either better or worse.

Just wanted to remind what my original post was on the subject............first sentence clearly said tongue and cheek( I mean , who averages 21 race wins per year for 37 years)the rest I'm having a hard time finding where I questioned his legendary status.Other than to imply that many ( a general term)of his wins have come against less than stellar fields......which if any of you would take the time to look at isn't really that far of a stretch.Funny how people read things into something that's not really there.........
    You said his wins don't mean much because most came against less than stellar competition. That's not true, it's a false statement and that's a fact with no bias whatsoever. If you want to continue thinking his 800 wins don't mean sh!t then fine that's your opinion but I think the majority would disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by waaac77 View Post
    You said his wins don't mean much because most came against less than stellar competition. That's not true, it's a false statement and that's a fact with no bias whatsoever. If you want to continue thinking his 800 wins don't mean sh!t then fine that's your opinion but I think the majority would disagree with you
    Where did I say that????? Please post it???

I don't think I ever said anything of the sort in terms of his wins not meaning much.......in fact , I actually did the math with his ridiculous average of wins per year....for 37 in a row.

Were there a bunch of cupcake wins in there??? sure was.............just like a lot of other drivers.

Don't be blinded by just one number.......his most important numbers are the ones posted a few posts up, to me , that's what's impressive.......and the fact that he still races 37 years later.

So he has a bunch of wins against fields that are clearly outmatched, doesn't take away from his legendary status.

Also doesn't mean that somebody can't bring it up in conversation..........I'm not the first.

I suggest a Werner ladder to climb down off your high horse, they are the best.

Most drivers don't race 800 times in their entire career. To get 800 feature wins, whether it be against 1 car or 100, is down right phenomenal, no matter how you look at it. No other driver in the world that I'm aware of, past, present or most likely future, can say they have done what Billy has. My hats off to a true racing legend.

Regardless of what any of you all say, how you say it, how you intended to say it.. Moyer at 800 wins is downright incredible... regardless of who he ran against, when or where he did it. Comparing today's field of cars and drivers against yester-years field of cars and drivers is a mute point. Apples to Oranges.

We all have a favorite driver or two there are so many great drivers Larry Moore, Jeff Purvis, Buck Simmons, Jack Boggs, Freddie Smith, Ronnie Johnson I could name many more they all have a lot off wins I grew up watching Scott Bloomquist he was my favorite growing up, but looking at the wins I mean the big wins and 800 total wins with an unbias opinion I think Billy Moyer is the best ever hands down there has to be the #1 guy as in all sports and Billy is him period.

If you think any races won in the past are lesser achievement than present, we would not have a hall of fame. He!! we may not even count the races at the first of the season for championships. It would come down to what did you do today and that's ok for some. Your either going to keep track of yesterday or wipe the slate clean after each race. Choose.

All racers run under the same rules and tech availability, they always have. Each year there are advancements, that doesn't mean past accomplishments are less than worthy. Every year there will be someone saying, this is as fast as they get, only to be proven wrong. Billy earned this top spot, because anyone that wanted to beat him for it could have been there. By some peoples criteria, Davenport has one win against a less than stellar field. Who knows what the winner will be after the next race. Less than Stellar fields, has to be a sick joke to discredit someones accomplishments. BTW I like Davenport and believe he earned all his wins this year and it's a great accomplishment and no one should come back 40 years later and say, "Less than stellar field". If someone does, I hope someone stands up and calls them on it.

Well it wont be me in 40 yrs be to old ill have old tymers lol.. and black ford will have more names than billy's wins Lol.

800 wins is really impressive, regardless of how "deep" the competition supposedly is.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

There's two dirt late model racers who have accomplished more than any other dirt late model racers. One currently lives in Batesville, AR and the other lives in Mooresburg, TN. The 21 and the 0/18 cars. Billy Moyer and Scott Bloomquist. Those two are THE BEST EVER....

absolutely not, I think he can win anywhere on any given night. He got second at the USA Nationals. Maybe he don't want to drive out there when other races are going on close to his home. I hear he is back in Iowa now.

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    so are you saying he is basically a 2nd or 3rd place car now? any way billy has my upmost respect and I wish he would have went to the N/S. it would have made this thread either better or worse.

I'm totally wrong,Billy is the best ever...........he may never lose again and may end up at 1000 before it's over.......even against today's weak fields.

Does anyone have a place that one could go look and actually see the races he won each year???

A historical snapshot of his wins year by year maybe???

Thanks in advance.

Does anyone have a place that one could go look and actually see the races he won each year???

A historical snapshot of his wins year by year maybe???

Thanks in advance.
    His website lists the wins per season.
    http://www.billymoyer.com/pastseasons.html

He does list each individual race he ran back through 2006 off his schedule page

Did I mention your name? Nope, didn't notice you had made any comment till I just went back and looked at your post'sThere are those who do complain he is a cherry picker, and should run here or there... Was only clearing up what a poster said about who pays his bill, and that would be in a large part the fans and they should be able to complain if that's what they feel would make him run where they want him to... Doubt it will make any difference, Moyer has done it all, why not hit some tracks he hasn't before now late in his carrier. I see it both ways I guess...
    Hmmm would that work, me complain so he skip topless 100 next wk and come to my local track pays 800 to winner lol.... i agree with you blackford let the man race the tracks he wants so them fans can enjoy see him race before he gets out the car.

Did I mention your name? Nope, didn't notice you had made any comment till I just went back and looked at your post's

There are those who do complain he is a cherry picker, and should run here or there... Was only clearing up what a poster said about who pays his bill, and that would be in a large part the fans and they should be able to complain if that's what they feel would make him run where they want him to... Doubt it will make any difference, Moyer has done it all, why not hit some tracks he hasn't before now late in his carrier. I see it both ways I guess...
    Point taken blackie........

Quote Originally Posted by J&Jsteel_fan View Post
    His website lists the wins per season.
    http://www.billymoyer.com/pastseasons.html

He does list each individual race he ran back through 2006 off his schedule page
    Thanks and I've looked at that already, but I was kind of hoping for something a little more " official" that might have the track/races he has listed as winning throughout his career.

Surely there is such a place to find those stats at........Montana??

Oh by the way, that 800th race he won up at Darlington... that was a pretty dam good show!! Even tho nobody had anything for Billy... it was a pretty good show back in the field. Only one who really could have proposed a threat to Billy would have been Feger. Jason was coming, and coming fast!!!
    Too tough to tame........