Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How was your North South 100?

Weather was great, racing was great, had a great time. Notice a trend?
    T3G - Never Forget, Hardly Remember

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Links View Post
    Weather was great, racing was great, had a great time. Notice a trend?

For the amount of rain that the Florence area received on Thursday it was a good weekend of racing from what I see.....
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

I had a goodtime and so did my 11 year old son !!!!!!

Great racing, ridiculous will call pickup procedure. We got to the line a half hour before hot laps and missed every hot lap including mods. Waited in line for an hour.

They need to mail the tickets, plain and simple.

First time there, had a great time! We will be back.

Some guy got splinters in his ass.

Good time, good racing, wish I could've spent a little more time seeing people instead of in the pits.
    T3G - Never Forget, Hardly Remember
    Eastbay (5)

Quote Originally Posted by formercrewguy View Post
    Some guy got splinters in his ass.

And they pissed under the bleachers don't forget that ol buddy lol

Somebody was smoking weed and craping on top of the toilet

Great racing all weekend. North south is a lot better party then eldora these days. Can't wait till next year

We four had a great time and are thinking of adding this to our schedule on a more regular basis. However, I offer the following suggestions for what it's worth:

1. Why clear the pits? Either one has a pit armband or not on Saturday. It's not that hard to check as people enter the pits?

2. More concession stand workers and better throughput will increase revenue. This is a Crown Jewel and the concessions and restrooms need to rise to the occasion. Also, did I hear that they ran out of food? Send someone to the grocery store if necessary, but keep people eating/spending.

3. Outstanding format. We enjoyed having the non-qualifiers race at the end. Although the traffic didn't clear out as much as we'd hoped, I still think it helped.

4. The ticket lines were long, but the workers were very cordial and seemed to be doing the best they can. Maybe have a separate booth for pit passes only or even a few more temporary windows for this event?

5. The track prep seemed to be very good. There appeared to be at least two good grooves most of the time. When the racing is that good, a track can overcome a lot of minor fan inconveniences.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro23 View Post
    First time there, had a great time! We will be back.
    Same. Can't wait to get back.

The racing was great !! Yes , The place could improve ... In some areas alot .... but over all id say it was really good... Im not going to pick the place apart with things I didnt like ....some things I do that make my time better is .... Buy reserve tickets ahead of time ( this seperate's ) alot of the people who want to watch the races from the ppl who just come to party .... Second .... I pack a cooler with Ice - drinks - food in my Truck ahead of time ... This provides me with good food n drinks of my choice and is quicker than standing in line .... Third thing is dont fight the traffic on the way out .... We all know why .... Let all the ppl who have been drinking leave first .... Wait .... Than drive out when its all clear ....

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard View Post
    The racing was great !! Yes , The place could improve ... In some areas alot .... but over all id say it was really good... Im not going to pick the place apart with things I didnt like ....some things I do that make my time better is .... Buy reserve tickets ahead of time ( this seperate's ) alot of the people who want to watch the races from the ppl who just come to party .... Second .... I pack a cooler with Ice - drinks - food in my Truck ahead of time ... This provides me with good food n drinks of my choice and is quicker than standing in line .... Third thing is dont fight the traffic on the way out .... We all know why .... Let all the ppl who have been drinking leave first .... Wait .... Than drive out when its all clear ....

Good post Bob!!

Had a great time. Got to meet a few new friends. And got to hear a couple stories from a legend....Larry Moore. Can't wait to go back next year.

They should open the ticket gates earlier. It would cost very little to have the ticket offices opened up at noon both days so that people can buy tickets before they clear the pits and grandstands. Also if you buy advance pit passes they should just send out the wristbands.

Bob Hubbard, I read where no coolers were allowed at this race, thats why I never considered going. I dont attend any track that dont let you take water and soft drinks in a small cooler.
    Eldora 8
    Knoxville IA 3
    Lancaster county NC 1
    Cherokee NC 1
    Richmond KY 1
    Midway 1
    Lotsa streaming

Quote Originally Posted by welderron105 View Post
    Bob Hubbard, I read where no coolers were allowed at this race, thats why I never considered going. I dont attend any track that dont let you take water and soft drinks in a small cooler.

There was no room for coolers. It was a standing room only crowd.

great racing, great facility hope to make it back one day!!

My experience felt just like I was sitting on the couch with my feet propped on the table watching live timing and looking at freebie DoD pictures. A scat free clean toilet not far away for me to exclusively pee in. Food and drinks in the kitchen already paid for with no waiting in line. The vehicle was parked one wide on the driveway with no after race parking lot madness to deal with and not a speck of dust to wash off the vehicle Sunday. It was a good 2015 North/South 100 for me.