Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by welderron105 View Post
    Bob Hubbard, I read where no coolers were allowed at this race, thats why I never considered going. I dont attend any track that dont let you take water and soft drinks in a small cooler.
    Places like Eldora have the luxury of allowing this because of how much room they have. Places like Florence and FALS, etc...are standing room only, and there is literally no space for coolers.I can't speak for Florence, but at FALS this doesn't seem to be a big deal at all. Many will go between races and fill up on their drinks/food they bring to the track. I can say the prices at FALS for food and drink are very reasonable, too. So, this helps. Other tracks are a bit over the top on their prices, and this is why so many bring coolers to places like Eldora. Many prices at Eldora are twice as much as FALS.

You can carry beer or whatever in in a plastic bag

Wow,I have never been to a track where prices were cheaper than Eldora on concessions or beer. And if its that packed I dont want the hassle.
    Last year I attended 35 races in 8 states and the only place my small 6 pac cooler wasnt allowed was Moler (I wont be back there either), but my experience has been the reason small coolers and food is not allowed is so they can gouge you.
    Eldora 8
    Knoxville IA 3
    Lancaster county NC 1
    Cherokee NC 1
    Richmond KY 1
    Midway 1
    Lotsa streaming

Its funny I keep hearing ppl complain about a over priced burger at moler .... But they will drop 25 k on a motor .... Spend thier entire week in the garage workin on thier car .... Can someone tell me the ratio spent on racing as opposed to dinning out at the track ....For god sakes eat before you go ....LOL

Our North/South was great. Got at the track early both days so parked close to the track gates. Put up the canopy on Saturday; relaxed and had food and snacks from 1 pm until right before the racing started. Got to see some good racing. Quickly got out of the track parking lot after the race in less than a minute as usual.

Wow,I have never been to a track where prices were cheaper than Eldora on concessions or beer. And if its that packed I dont want the hassle.
    Last year I attended 35 races in 8 states and the only place my small 6 pac cooler wasnt allowed was Moler (I wont be back there either), but my experience has been the reason small coolers and food is not allowed is so they can gouge you.
    You're allowed to have coolers at every race at Florence Speedway except the two Lucas Oil races because of the size of the crowd. IMO, the price of food and drinks at Florence is reasonable and are the same price for the big shows too; No price gouging. You can bring in food even for the big shows like the North/South if you want.
    Here's what the Florence rules say for the North/South:

◾No coolers of any kind will be allowed in any grandstand areas.

So, you can interpret that as you can bring food and drinks in a backpack or bag, just not in a cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard View Post
    Its funny I keep hearing ppl complain about a over priced burger at moler .... But they will drop 25 k on a motor .... Spend thier entire week in the garage workin on thier car .... Can someone tell me the ratio spent on racing as opposed to dinning out at the track ....For god sakes eat before you go ....LOL
    Or spend $80 or $100+ dollars a month on a cellphone.
    Last edited by Gary; 08-11-2015 at 02:01 PM.

Bob Hubbard, I read where no coolers were allowed at this race, thats why I never considered going. I dont attend any track that dont let you take water and soft drinks in a small cooler.
    I don't think there are very many tracks in Illinois or Iowa that will let you bring in a cooler, even for a weekly show when its not SRO.

not sure how you can complain about 6 beers and a partial bag of ice for 10 bucks.. I'm sorry but tracks can't make it on just the front gate they need that extra for the food and drinks to stay open. Fals will let you bring your beer in as long as you have it in a mug. 32 oz of cold beer last me awhile
    Race tracker-- RAIN and COLD "killing me smalls"

EXCELLENT weekend at Florence.

We have a great turnout for the NDLMHoF Induction and had a large amount of visitors at the Hall. We had a very good auction as well. We unveiled plans for a huge expansion project that will include suites and almost triple the size of our current facility with air conditioning and conveniences.

The racing at Florence was great all weekend long. Josh and I were talking and he said it doesn't matter how good everything we do is leading up to that 100 laps Saturday night. If that 100 laps is bad the whole weekend becomes bad. Well no worries Josh. The track was great and the racing was great.

And last but not least it was fun to spend time with a lot of folks I don't get to see a lot of. Good fellowship all weekend. Seeing many of our original group of 4mers.

This was my first time at Florence, I really enjoyed the entire weekend. We got there early on Saturday and found us a great parking space that allowed us to drive right out of the track quickly after the race. I believe that the heats on Friday night were the best ones that I have ever seen. Look forward to hopefully going back in the future. And the concession prices were excellent!