Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Fairbury ALMS 10k to Win

What drivers can we expect Saturday?

No Babb
    No Pierce
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    What drivers can we expect Saturday?
    Curious as well. Going to be a nice payout for somebody.

Shirley and Unzicker have it on their schedules.

it will pretty much be local/regional drivers on this one, with WOO & Lucas both running.Feger may be the biggest name showing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    No Babb
    No Pierce
    Surprised Babb is skipping this one.

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    Surprised Babb is skipping this one.
    Definitely a head scratcher. He skips the North/South, and decides on traveling to Batesville, AR (a longer drive than North/South) for the $40K payout. Unless Shannon wins some prelim races and finishes 2nd, he won't clear 10K. Whereas, racing at FALS, he has a much better chance of winning the 10K feature, while not paying out the gas money to travel against top competition (LUCAS)! Goes to show, everyone's rational thinking on here about staying local and regionally makes more sense "money wise" is not necessarily what the drivers are thinking in their process of skipping certain events.

Schlenk, Unzicker, Rich Bell, and Brandon Thirlby are top 4 in points in ALMS. I think they will be at Kankakee on Friday and FALS on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    Definitely a head scratcher. He skips the North/South, and decides on traveling to Batesville, AR (a longer drive than North/South) for the $40K payout. Unless Shannon wins some prelim races and finishes 2nd, he won't clear 10K. Whereas, racing at FALS, he has a much better chance of winning the 10K feature, while not paying out the gas money to travel against top competition (LUCAS)! Goes to show, everyone's rational thinking on here about staying local and regionally makes more sense "money wise" is not necessarily what the drivers are thinking in their process of skipping certain events.
    Babb is close friends with the Moyers I wonder if that's why he's going to Batesville.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Babb is close friends with the Moyers I wonder if that's why he's going to Batesville.
    My guess is maybe he wants to throw some stuff around with other Black Diamond chassis racers. If I remember right, he parked it here a week or so ago and got back in the Rocket. Just speculatin.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Phil P. View Post
    ...and Babb never struck me as caring to much for FALS too...
    are you kidding?

I think people are forgetting that Shannon is a Past Champion at the Topless 100... He has always supported the Topless... But don't be surprised if he qualifymies poorly that he doesn't load up and head to Fairbury

Quote Originally Posted by dmr37 View Post
    Schlenk, Unzicker, Rich Bell, and Brandon Thirlby are top 4 in points in ALMS. I think they will be at Kankakee on Friday and FALS on Saturday.
    Schlenk has been borrowing cars around home for almost a month. I doubt you see him travel right now.
    Go Buckeyes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    My guess is maybe he wants to throw some stuff around with other Black Diamond chassis racers. If I remember right, he parked it here a week or so ago and got back in the Rocket. Just speculatin.
    You make a good point

...and Babb never struck me as caring to much for FALS too...
    You could be right but, he usually runs pretty good there so, I don't know why he wouldn't.

The payoff is $40K, $20K, and $10K for the first three spots...

Here's your answer kido!

Any other questions Mr Rock?? Lol

And there you have it lol

Heard Chris Ferguson made the trip to #FALS for the race this weekend. May end up being a good alternative to the big boys race in Batesville.

Jimmy Mars is headed to #FALS as well. Brandon Thirlby (MI), Ryan Unzicker (IL), Brian Shirley(IL), Jason Feger(IL), kevin Weaver(IL), Chris Ferguson (NC), Rich Bell, and now Jimmy Mars(WI) confirmed. There are many more. Just pointing out the bigger names.ALMS point leader Rusty Schlenk is staying in Ohio.

Mars also has Kankakee on his schedule for tonight...hopefully Kankakee will have a good two groove track tonight instead of the one groove racing that it has been for so long.