Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Obviously the track surface needed more work than usual and this does happen...people make mistakes. Can all tracks do a better job in getting races lined up? Yes. Can drivers do a better job and not spinout/cause accidents? Yes.

What totally blows my mind is 71Cougar's reply. To complain about a winning team taking a victory lap (remember when cars took the flag after every win?), celebrating in victory lane, getting interviewed, taking pictures is about the most asinine thing I've ever heard. The winner obviously didn't cause any of the delays during the race. Seems like people forget that racing is a hobby that competitors get joy from doing. Far more money is spent than taken in so if a driver wants to enjoy the fruits of his/her labor, LET HIM/HER.

Wow. If drivers/teams celebrating a hard earned victory is a problem to fans in the stands the sport is in a world of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by CMatich View Post
    Obviously the track surface needed more work than usual and this does happen...people make mistakes. Can all tracks do a better job in getting races lined up? Yes. Can drivers do a better job and not spinout/cause accidents? Yes.

What totally blows my mind is 71Cougar's reply. To complain about a winning team taking a victory lap (remember when cars took the flag after every win?), celebrating in victory lane, getting interviewed, taking pictures is about the most asinine thing I've ever heard. The winner obviously didn't cause any of the delays during the race. Seems like people forget that racing is a hobby that competitors get joy from doing. Far more money is spent than taken in so if a driver wants to enjoy the fruits of his/her labor, LET HIM/HER.

Wow. If drivers/teams celebrating a hard earned victory is a problem to fans in the stands the sport is in a world of trouble.
    Excellent post.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by 71Cougar View Post
    Ok, I'll chime in as sometimes...Then the Sportsman and Street Stock winners seem to think we are on their time and think they need to take a cool down lap rather than just getting to the scale, then they take the obligatory polish victory lap, then the interviews and the group (2) pictures, then they can't wait 5 min and have to take their tops off because they evidently are too hot, talk a bit to crew members, then climb back in their cars while crew members climb aboard all the while the next race is being held up on the backstretch til they get off the track. I understand they are enjoying the moment but get off the dang track so the next feature can start. Not sure how the track can tell the drivers to expedite the winning process.
    You selfish ba$ard....

Quote Originally Posted by CMatich View Post

Great post....

I also thought they had a really good crowd, the backstretch bleachers were almost full and 25 bucks for a 10k to win show is nothing unusual. The late model feature was some great racing.

CMatich, I wasn't complaining about the victory lap, I merely listed everything together that can slow down the show w/ the 4 or 5 winners. I shouldn't have lumped everything together like it was a complaint. I also said I understand the winners are enjoying the moment. I did complain about a driver taking off his top and talking to crew members while the next feature was lined up and waiting for him to get off the track. Just thought that kind of stuff can wait til they get to the pits, maybe it didn't bother others and that's fine. I think I was just irritated seeing cars at the back of the lower divisions spinning out on their own and stopping causing yellows rather that keep going. That bugs me, then I think I'd probably do the same thing if I was in their shoes. But like others, I'd like the show to move along.

Ptown...stay classy w/ the name calling!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    You selfish ba$ard....

Do you always have to be a douchbag?
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

Well you should have saw the back stretch bleachers form the front side. Pretty thin