Thread: Billy Moyer Jr

Default Billy Moyer Jr

I just just watched his interview on DoD. What a class act. I just became a fan.

good person....but has a big hang up on any tracks using passing points to qualify. To me, this may be something the drivers need to get used to (may become a trend at more tracks), as it gives the fans more competitive racing early on and really separates the talent. More bang for your money if you are a fan...and without the fans in the stands, there are no big payouts.

Jr is not the only one not in favor of the passing points. Other drivers have voiced their displeasure as well.
    8/13/16

Then those pansy azzez would not be a big fan of inverting the whole field like in the old days lol

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Jr is not the only one not in favor of the passing points. Other drivers have voiced their displeasure as well.
    The problem I have with them is this...where I come from racers always drew for heats. I didnt hear any complaining then, at least not in my area. Im sure its the same in most areas.

My only comment to them is......shut up and drive!
    Lions don't worry about the opinions of sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I'm sure there are others not in favor of passing points, especially the ones with equipment to lay down good times. What they fail to realize, is, purses aren't growing, track profits aren't growing and head count isn't either. Everyone is in this together. Something needs to be done to put fans in the bleachers. It has worked for I 80 and Florance. Larger attendance and larger purses, even though they could spread that money down into the field a little bit better. Fans come to see passing and racing. They want to see that fast lap used to pass a car.

Honestly I was about ready to stop going to Florence. I hated the format they had. I felt like I did not need to be there for Friday. All they did was qualify the late models. I love the format they are using now. If you did not love that heat race were Jamson started last and won the heat then nothing will impress you. There was great racing all night and it made me feel like the 6 hour drive was worth it!
    Race tracker-- RAIN and COLD "killing me smalls"

I dont mind passing point as a fan, but do understand why drive not big on it.. if you are unluck get stuck in very stack heat of top driver and cant pass them because yall on the same pace not really off from each other your not going get points you need. Then you might have guy that is not fast as you but gets easy heat, He gets more points. Then on 2nd round heats, that guy had easy heat might not get to bad of heat and he is slower than you still. And then you have heat that has 2 or 3 driver that is on your pace, you dont get the points as that slower driver. There are pros and cons for passing points for a driver.

There are pros and cons to time trialing also. track is bad fast at the start of timing, but you drew spot 77 when the track is over a second slower. Then that spot puts you in a heat that is stacked. The track crew realizes how the track is and farm it before your first stacked heat and it's so fast no one passes anyone. Your out to lunch because the number you drew had too many 7s.

Back in the early days of the World, they raced in day time. If you didn't draw 20 or under you may as well load up. This tended to make Eldora a high side dominate track and to this day still does to some extent. The other thing about timing is, at any point of the night, most tracks have a happy groove. A line that is faster than anywhere else. When everyone runs this groove, to time, it can make a one lane track quickly. This is good if you timed well but not so good if you drew a bad TT draw.

The legitimate complaint about passing points, is the chance of tearing up cars, trying to pass.

We watch them for the excitement. A race with no passing is pretty darn boring, may as well watch a drag race at that point. I think passing points are a lot better than the invert for tearing cars up. I really liked the format for the Silver Dollar Nationals, it wouldn't work everywhere, but on big tracks it would be fun to watch for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by millermw View Post
    I just just watched his interview on DoD. What a class act. I just became a fan.
    Do class acts trade t-shirts for under 18 year old girls phone #s, load up from a Lucas Oil race because he doesn't like the track, officals, pay-out and qualifying format, tell the world that he is following the Lucas Series and leave after a half dozen shows running in the back, quit racing - yep I'd rather hang out with my buddies drinkin' and chasen' young girls - and reappear with-in weeks - guess the racecar sponsors don't like quitters - yes quite the class act - don't know where the class came from, let's just call it an ACT!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by loosegrip View Post
    Do class acts trade t-shirts for under 18 year old girls phone #s, load up from a Lucas Oil race because he doesn't like the track, officals, pay-out and qualifying format, tell the world that he is following the Lucas Series and leave after a half dozen shows running in the back, quit racing - yep I'd rather hang out with my buddies drinkin' and chasen' young girls - and reappear with-in weeks - guess the racecar sponsors don't like quitters - yes quite the class act - don't know where the class came from, let's just call it an ACT!

Wow another hater without proven fact's just more speculation..... You must be from Wisconsin loosestool..... Just saying.
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

That's the beautiful thing, everybody has an opinion!
    Last edited by MN Dirt Daddy; 08-13-2015 at 01:07 PM.

Billy Moyer Jr. has arrived. He sure ain't vanilla in who he be amongst the racing crowd and the plain burger without cheese loving 4Mers don't like that.