Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Dirty or Aggressive?

Dirty or aggressive...is there a difference? I think there is...Many a driver has been called "dirty" when all it is, is over aggression. If you worked at a bank and gave someone an extra $20 by mistake does that make you a thief? Nope...it means you are human and can make a mistake. You learn from it and go on. But not in dirt racing or better yet...not on this 4m...here...if you make a mistake on the track you are labeled as "dirty"...any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by pierceFAN View Post
    Dirty or aggressive...is there a difference? I think there is...Many a driver has been called "dirty" when all it is, is over aggression. If you worked at a bank and gave someone an extra $20 by mistake does that make you a thief? Nope...it means you are human and can make a mistake. You learn from it and go on. But not in dirt racing or better yet...not on this 4m...here...if you make a mistake on the track you are labeled as "dirty"...any thoughts?
    I think the dirty part comes in after it becomes a pattern.......to use your analogy, If I worked at a bank and gave someone too much money back then it could be viewed as an inexperienced mistake the first time or two.

If I kept giving the banks money away time and time again after that first " MISTAKE"........then it would be looked at as being " RECKLESS" with said banks money and I would most likely be fired.

So to answer, I think it has more to do with the number of incidents and occurrences than it does to do with being aggressive.........IMO.
    EVERYBODY HAS A GAME PLAN, UNTIL THEY GET PUNCHED IN THE FACE.......M.T

I think there is a difference. If you follow someone, lap after lap, can't get around them cleanly, then all of a sudden, you dump the guy going into the corner, that my friends is dirty. Now, when the green flag drops and you go down into turn 1 and try to make it 4 wide and pile up a bunch of cars, thats aggressive. Dirty and aggressive end with the same results, torn up equipment. The difference is the dirty driver knows exactly what he is going to do, while the aggressive driver has a short between the seat and steering wheel and doesn't realize what the h3ll is going on until cars are being towed and everyone is booing him and talking about him on 4m.

Craig D1ckens

i can name a few drivers that have bee called dirty which i dont agree...i think over aggressive at times...oneal...pierce...james...all have been called dirty and i have watched them and talked to them and i would never call them dirty drivers...not long ago josh richards was called dirty and then he had a medical lay off and now he is no longer called a dirty driver...i too dont think he was dirty

If a driver accepts the same treatment when it is returned his way then i call it aggressive, not saying that he has to like it but big enough man to realize you get back what you give. If he cries and throws a tantrum when like treatment is returned then classify it as dirty. Won't name anyone in particular lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mad_CADer View Post
    I think there is a difference. If you follow someone, lap after lap, can't get around them cleanly, then all of a sudden, you dump the guy going into the corner, that my friends is dirty. Now, when the green flag drops and you go down into turn 1 and try to make it 4 wide and pile up a bunch of cars, thats aggressive. Dirty and aggressive end with the same results, torn up equipment. The difference is the dirty driver knows exactly what he is going to do, while the aggressive driver has a short between the seat and steering wheel and doesn't realize what the h3ll is going on until cars are being towed and everyone is booing him and talking about him on 4m.

Craig D1ckens
    good post craig

Dumb and aggressive seems to happen a lot when a racer will throw a slidejob without a care in the world if it will for sure clear the other racer cleanly and then WHAM!!!! a car to car slamjob results with some messed up car parts and hurt feelings. That's not cool....

To me, an aggressive driver is a throttle stomper who takes guys out sometimes, but it's not intentional at all.

A dirty driver is somebody who just straight up takes guys out.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Following a guy on a one groove track lap after lap, and then moving him up, is NOT dirty driving.

Quote Originally Posted by kazual View Post
    If a driver accepts the same treatment when it is returned his way then i call it aggressive, not saying that he has to like it but big enough man to realize you get back what you give. If he cries and throws a tantrum when like treatment is returned then classify it as dirty. Won't name anyone in particular lol.
    what if the driver gets back More than he gave?....is that payback with interest?? or is the driver thats doing the payback being dirty? i have seen guys do sliders where the driver being slid has to lift and usually those drivers dont like that...but no contact was made...so the next chance...said slid driver stuffs sliding driver in the wall...did he get what he deserved? i for one think sliders are part of it...and if the driver that is getting slid has to lift to avoid rear ending the sliding guy then so be it...the smarter driver will lift after being slid...duck underneath and return the favor the next chance they get...or if someone doors you in the corner...it would be fair to say that that driver has a door job coming to him....but...not stuffing in the wall or being spun...eye for and eye maybe...but sometimes it turns into and eye for dismemberment

No that is the tracks fault and what the fans come to see !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    To me, an aggressive driver is a throttle stomper who takes guys out sometimes, but it's not intentional at all.

A dirty driver is somebody who just straight up takes guys out.
    i agree josh...and those "throttle stompers" need a little roughing up to get the message across and thats part of it...Dale Earnhardt would always get his message across...maybe not this race or next race...but somewhere down the line you knew you had one coming

Quote Originally Posted by Phil P. View Post
    You starting to come to realize your little buddy is in fact both? Lol, can't believe you asked this question. It's like you're struggling to continue in your own denial.
    why dont you do me a favor and quit replying to any of my posts....PLEASE! you never have anything to ad to a conversation except whatever you can do to cause a ruckus...this thread was going perfectly until you chimed in and once again trying to get me riled up...I have been on this board since 2000...and you have been the worst eyesore this board has seen. Why dont you try to throw some useful racing knowledge into a thread instead of just trying to cause problems? Probably because you have no useful knowledge

deal...you have made me happy!

Bottom line, Pierce = Dirty From daddy down.

So what is the difference in dirty posting and aggressive posting? Sorry, couldn't resist. There is no black and white answer to driving description, everyone will see each situation differently, good discussion but no pat answer. What A Country!

Easy answer is, If it was your favorite driver that got slammed or short slid, it was dirty. If your favorite driver did the short sliding or slamming it was aggressive.

How do you guys think about blocking or taking away lines for the car coming from behind?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    Easy answer is, If it was your favorite driver that got slammed or short slid, it was dirty. If your favorite driver did the short sliding or slamming it was aggressive.

How do you guys think about blocking or taking away lines for the car coming from behind?
    Good post......

As for somebody that's in the way and blocking,I think that's where the " what happens, aggressive or dirty" we were all talking about at the beginning of this thread, lol.

Somebody getting moved aggressively.
    EVERYBODY HAS A GAME PLAN, UNTIL THEY GET PUNCHED IN THE FACE.......M.T

There's following a guy on a one groove track that you are faster then, and moving them not wrecking them not slide jobbing them simply just scooting them out of the way no harm no fowl. That's racing, my opinion if you make the guy lift trying to pull a slider, you failed at said slider I was always taught that if you made the guy lift you chopped his nose off to me that's aggressive and you better be ready for the return of favor and that guy may not be clear when he comes across your nose. And that brings me to dirty, the guy that gets slid the second time and gets his nose chopped off drives clear over his head and punts the other guy for being aggressive, it starts with a little rubbing but once you put your helmet on some drivers (I'm not naming or blaming, I run a modified) tend to leave their brains at the hauler. Am I in the ball park?

Quote Originally Posted by MattMitchell View Post
    There's following a guy on a one groove track that you are faster then, and moving them not wrecking them not slide jobbing them simply just scooting them out of the way no harm no fowl. That's racing, my opinion if you make the guy lift trying to pull a slider, you failed at said slider I was always taught that if you made the guy lift you chopped his nose off to me that's aggressive and you better be ready for the return of favor and that guy may not be clear when he comes across your nose. And that brings me to dirty, the guy that gets slid the second time and gets his nose chopped off drives clear over his head and punts the other guy for being aggressive, it starts with a little rubbing but once you put your helmet on some drivers (I'm not naming or blaming, I run a modified) tend to leave their brains at the hauler. Am I in the ball park?
    im good with it...good reply