Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Couldn't possibly agree more with chuppnbloomer
    Also, PRP is as nice a dirt track as you will ever go to, but, everybody in that scoring tower needs drug out by their ears, this is my 36th season in racing, seen lots of bad calls at lots of tracks but never so many consistently horrible calls.

Wasn't there a thread on dirty vs aggressive? You should check it out

Default #7 from Tennessee

I agree MR MEE, I think the folks at Portsmouth were a little worried about the number 7 late model car from Tennessee, I believe they thought he may take some of the home town boys money, they sure bragged on him driving 8 hours to get there, then screw him in the heat race. that car was fast and they knew it. I feel sure he wont be back to PRP,

He spun himself out on the backstretch? How did Prp screw him? I'm intrigued

actually in his heat the #7 spun in turn 1 and 2 on the first lap they then waited till the leaders had went from turn 2 all the way back around to the flag stand to throw the caution so it wasn't a complete restart which had several fans in the section I was in very disappointed. as far as boggs I agree with chuppnbloomer one day someone will get fed up with all boggs ruff driving now last night he wasn't to dirty he did throw a slider on Kenny howell in turn 4 during the dash that really made howell lock it up but in the past I have seen the 4b pull some stunts that someone should've repaid

yep he spun out on the back stretch on the first lap of the heat race, and they waited until all the cars were passed the flag stand before putting out the caution flag. should have put out the caution and had a complete restart... exact thing happen in the Mod heat and caution came out with a complete restart... PRP was afraid of that car and driver, boy was flying.

Quote Originally Posted by 71PRPFan View Post
    He spun himself out on the backstretch? How did Prp screw him? I'm intrigued
    Spun himself out? Really? I was sitting in 3 as they came down the back stretch. Dupont and Breeding made contact and sent Dupont to the infield. I watched the flag man after that he just stood there and waited for the whole field to pass the stand before he threw the yellow. The 7 didn't spin himself out as you say, he had help. Not saying it was dirty, it was just a racing deal, but the yellow should've been thrown before it was. The 12 mod hit the infield during the feature, never quit moving, but somehow the caution was throw for him and he got his spot back before a lap.

The rule is you stop on the track you go to the tail. 7 stopped due to being spun. 12 never stopped on the racing surface or in the infield. So why was the yellow even thrown for the 12? He wasn't in harms way and was still rolling.

Treat everyone equal people...its simple. I like prp but some of their calls definitely make me wonder.

I might be wrong but I thought that if any car spun on start before all cars had completed a lap that it is a complete restart,no matter whos fault the spin is.

I think I know now why the 12 got the caution and his spot back,I was told that his MOM is the promoter of the track.Now that is WHAT I WAS TOLD. Don't know if true or not.

And yes they ran 2 laps and the 11 car came on to track and they threw the caution and put him in line where he was suppose to start then they had a complete restart !!!!!!

BTW they deleted some post on their facebook page where people were commenting about it.
    It was just a total screwed up night with calls.
    I like the place but please try to be more fair or at least stay consistent with calls.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex#242 View Post
    actually in his heat the #7 spun in turn 1 and 2 on the first lap they then waited till the leaders had went from turn 2 all the way back around to the flag stand to throw the caution so it wasn't a complete restart which had several fans in the section I was in very disappointed. as far as boggs I agree with chuppnbloomer one day someone will get fed up with all boggs ruff driving now last night he wasn't to dirty he did throw a slider on Kenny howell in turn 4 during the dash that really made howell lock it up but in the past I have seen the 4b pull some stunts that someone should've repaid
    Just watched the dash video. The car pushed really bad up the track that wasn't a slider.

71 prpfan

do you have video of the heat with the #7 and the b main with the 11 coming out late ? or the #12 and his spin ?

I'm not a Gilpin fan by any means, but it certainly looked to me like he got hosed on a couple calls.
    T3G - Never Forget, Hardly Remember
    Eastbay (5)

No I only filmed the dash. I'm sure someone will have it shortly.

On the 12 spin in the mod he never did stop. He spun after the start on the backstretch (stupid rule), the caution was for debris right in front of us in turn one as Eddie Harmon lost his entire side panel right in the grove to set into one. so the last completed lap was the same as for the previous caution.

The Number seven had a big time right to be upset. The heat before Samson spun in turn one after the entire field had completed a lap and they complete restart. He Spun on the back stretch that started exiting two on lap one. Should of easily been a complete restart.

The hard luck of the night award was ben adkins. Had the Fastest car in his heat race and passing for the lead going into three from third (rj and delmas) and the lap car spun coming off four. Spun to the infield but was probably ten feet from crossing line. he had a fast car too!

In the limited races what was up with Melvin! He was everywhere and out of control. Never seen him struggle like that. Car def. was not right!

Gilpin was upset because he passed several cars on the restart, but they never completed a whole lap. The car spun on the backstretch. PRP restarts so far on the backstretch you basically run a lap and a half to get a lap in.

Boggs is a great driver. But he bullies everyone. These guys don't want to tear their stuff up so they try to avoid what they know is gonna happen. That's just the way it is. When the touring drivers come to town he doesn't do it to them because they will dump him and he knows it. He also knows PRP isn't gonna do anything to him because of the cult following he has. Upset Jackie and he doesn't come back. No Jackie, way less crowd/money.

Jackie drives hard as he can every nite out. Doesnt matter who is on the track. Ask jared landers. Lol. Hes one of them big boys isnt he? And u dont know much about PRP because they cater to the conleys, not the boggses.

That what I always understood MR MEE, if you spin on the first lap no matter if you stop or not its a complete restart. I didn't say how he spun I understand him and breeding got crossed up, just racing hard, didn't understand why the caution wasn't put out then, instead of waiting until all the cars went past the flag stand.

if a guy spins, they'll typically wait and see if he will continue on before throwing caution if he's not in harms way...
    powerslave

Quote Originally Posted by dirtracr33 View Post
    if a guy spins, they'll typically wait and see if he will continue on before throwing caution if he's not in harms way...
    Never on the first lap.

And whats up with firing on the back stretch? Is that a norm at PRP? They don't do that for the Lucas races do they?
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by reflaine View Post
    On the 12 spin in the mod he never did stop. He spun after the start on the backstretch (stupid rule), the caution was for debris right in front of us in turn one as Eddie Harmon lost his entire side panel right in the grove to set into one. so the last completed lap was the same as for the previous caution.

The Number seven had a big time right to be upset. The heat before Samson spun in turn one after the entire field had completed a lap and they complete restart. He Spun on the back stretch that started exiting two on lap one. Should of easily been a complete restart.

The hard luck of the night award was ben adkins. Had the Fastest car in his heat race and passing for the lead going into three from third (rj and delmas) and the lap car spun coming off four. Spun to the infield but was probably ten feet from crossing line. he had a fast car too!

In the limited races what was up with Melvin! He was everywhere and out of control. Never seen him struggle like that. Car def. was not right!
    Thanks for clearing that up over the 12, I didn't know that. Apparently alot of people didn't know, cuz that's what had everyone upset after the race.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Never on the first lap.

And whats up with firing on the back stretch? Is that a norm at PRP? They don't do that for the Lucas races do they?
    Prp and southern are the only 2 places that I know that still do this on a weekly basis. Kinda strange to see, a lot tracks here in area used to do it years ago. Most have closed down since.

The problem with firing in the back stretch and staying outside the cone is when there is 24 cars on the track. Leader is firing about the same time last is at flagstand. Those guys have to fire early but still get outside of a single groove cone. Heat races isn't bad, it in feature if those guys wait till cone thy are lapped before they take off. Should go with leader fires coming off of four. When flag waves everyone is clear to race. Would stop a whole lot of cars from getting tore up. On the restart seven pulled off on he couldn't get outside of the cone so stalled it and then left track.