Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

^^^ this! i bought one and that is literally all it is...plus a decal on the edge of the blades

Quote Originally Posted by hughesracing9 View Post
    ^^^ this! i bought one and that is literally all it is...plus a decal on the edge of the blades
    I beat my head against a wall trying to tell everyone they can cut two off on their own for years. (I started running single blade in 2008 for sure all of 2009).

I finally caved this spring and started buying all star fans and cutting them off and selling them for $60 shipped. It is amazing how many guys do not want to cut their own.

How do you benefit from a 2 blade more than a 4? Less Turbulence? Run it with or without a shroud? I have an extra 19" Allstar 4 blade I'm thinking about cutting up now. lol.

Found this while researching.

http://store.crateinsider.com/2-blad...ltiple-colors/

We run around 210* - 215* with a double pass, the GM 19" fan on gas and no shroud in a LM. Wondering if I would benefit from going to this with out the shroud still.

Quote Originally Posted by HuckleberryB4 View Post
    How do you benefit from a 2 blade more than a 4? Less Turbulence? Run it with or without a shroud? I have an extra 19" Allstar 4 blade I'm thinking about cutting up now. lol.
    It's pretty simple really, while a 2 blade or other type fans that don't/won't pull as much air but reduces the power used to turn it. It basically boils down to how much airflow you need for your set up to stay cool. If you have more then enough airflow, then going to a 2 blade or smaller 4 blade fan will free up some power, thus may or may not increase temps depending if you still have the airflow you need.

It's not rocket science. But as a general statement if you running a crate that you are close to wide open all the time, then you may run close to the edge with a 2 blade on gas. E85 makes it a little more tolerable. Obviously it depends on engine load, outside temps and the rest of your cooling system and how efficient it is whether you can run one with no issues or not. (this is more based on a crate LM, I could see a mod getting away with the 2 blade way easier due to smaller tires and probably less load on the engine for a given lap).

Quote Originally Posted by HuckleberryB4 View Post
    Found this while researching.

http://store.crateinsider.com/2-blad...ltiple-colors/

We run around 210* - 215* with a double pass, the GM 19" fan on gas and no shroud in a LM. Wondering if I would benefit from going to this with out the shroud still.
    Those come from Hendren and they are balanced also.
    Lions don't worry about the opinions of sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by billetbirdcage View Post
    It's pretty simple really, while a 2 blade or other type fans that don't/won't pull as much air but reduces the power used to turn it. It basically boils down to how much airflow you need for your set up to stay cool. If you have more then enough airflow, then going to a 2 blade or smaller 4 blade fan will free up some power, thus may or may not increase temps depending if you still have the airflow you need.

It's not rocket science. But as a general statement if you running a crate that you are close to wide open all the time, then you may run close to the edge with a 2 blade on gas. E85 makes it a little more tolerable. Obviously it depends on engine load, outside temps and the rest of your cooling system and how efficient it is whether you can run one with no issues or not. (this is more based on a crate LM, I could see a mod getting away with the 2 blade way easier due to smaller tires and probably less load on the engine for a given lap).
    Wrong, I guess it is rocket science...

A 2 blade pulls MORE air than a 4 blade.. think about it a little.

Quote Originally Posted by 25drtrkr View Post
    Those come from Hendren and they are balanced also.
    Balanced? That's a new one..

They are all star fans with 2 cut off.

Even the gm fan which is advertised as balanced is NOT balanced, if you order 10 of them they all have the same weight in the same place riveted on....

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    Wrong, I guess it is rocket science...

A 2 blade pulls MORE air than a 4 blade.. think about it a little.

OK, but my test shows different

17% less air flow, now granted my air flow meter didn't go high enough that I could get to full RPM on the fan.

Quote Originally Posted by billetbirdcage View Post
    OK, but my test shows different

17% less air flow, now granted my air flow meter didn't go high enough that I could get to full RPM on the fan.
    B.S your full of it.

all of our 2 blade fans are balanced by us------we check and adjust our 4 blade fans when we put them with an engine package

we remove material from the heavy side rather than adding with a rivet and washer

Brad
    www.race-1.com
    Last edited by brad hibbard; 09-23-2015 at 07:35 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    Balanced? That's a new one..

They are all star fans with 2 cut off.

Even the gm fan which is advertised as balanced is NOT balanced, if you order 10 of them they all have the same weight in the same place riveted on....
    Steve posted that in an article awhile back. If they're not, you can take it up with him.
    Lions don't worry about the opinions of sheep.

I dont care either way.

Its less about pulling MORE air with a two blade compared to a 4 blade, but pulling close if not equal amounts of air with less drag using less blades. But me personally thinks 2 blades pull more. Only "X" amount of air can be pulled by the fan. If you take 2 blades away, thats less air being occupied by the extra blades to allow more air to be available. Im sure there is some science literature with it, but Ive run my car with a gm 4 blade and a 2 blade I got from Race 1. I have trouble getting over 200 ECT using the same motor and cooling system as last year using the 2 blade with a increase, although slight, on a dyno.
    I love the 2 blades, but i do feel it is a simple conversion for anyone to do with a GM 4 blader, but thats just me. I already have a 2 blade, that i guess is balanced, and dont think i will need to buy a new one for a while
    Last edited by hughesracing9; 09-26-2015 at 02:13 PM.