Default Shocks for starting out?

I'm going to be running my first season in Mods (and in dirt racing in general) next year (2016). I'm starting put stuff together (very low budget) and have come to the issue of shocks. The roller I bought came with shocks, but they are all mis matched, and I don't think any thought was put into the combination at all (I think it isn't the shocks the car ran with, they were just added to sell as a roller). I'm looking at buying six shocks (1x RR, 1x LF, 2x RF and 2x LR) and would like to field some suggestions on what to pick up. As I said this whole thing is low budget (Trying to put the car together for under $8k, motor and all, right now just have the roller which I spent $2k on so have a little but more to spend). I know I'm not going to be running up front every week without putting more money in, but I would rather be on the track learning next year than in the stands wishing I had a car out there.

The only other thing I was considering is something like this -- http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Speedw...age,58920.html

This is for a UMP style open mod in Pennsylvania, very similar to UMP or AMRA rules.

That DSR shock set is some nice.

Do a search we discussed this a month or so ago.

I don't change my lr. just my rf and lf.. I don't win a lot of races by any means, but I do race against the top guys in the nation in IMCA modifieds every time out and am generally in the tech area.

fx suspension builds my shocks bilstien are what I run. contact him he can build you some from cores he has.
    Last edited by stock car driver; 08-20-2015 at 09:21 PM.

Give Bob Harris or dsr a call they probably give alot on this

Go to mike Goldfuss at Goldfuss Racing & Fabrication. He has a Facebook page. Very good to work with, very good pricing, and quick turn around times. Don't waste your money on the dsr stuff. Nothing but a standard bilstein with a $60 sticker on it.

Second Mike Goldfuss