Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default With all the videos out there these days is it hurting track attendance

I hear more all the time think I will stay home save my money and wait for the video. Thought?

Been saying it for a couple years now ! You better watch Jodi and the "D runken Race Clan" will be on here shortly calling you all sorts of things for even bringing that topic up ! But of course it hurts attendance @ the tracks, it is not rocket science (no pun intended ) !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by liveforthethrill View Post
    I hear more all the time think I will stay home save my money and wait for the video. Thought?
    I look at videos like Fairbury and tell myself, I'm going to the PDC next year. I may have never went to tracks like tyler county, Attica, or 201 if I hadn't seen videos that enticed me to go.

Videos make me want to go to the track even more…. if videos hurt attendance the NFL stadiums would be empty.

Not a good comparison .

racing has bigger problems than videos................$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by liveforthethrill View Post

Video's only enhance the desire to want to actually get out to the track that the video was shot at and watch the racing live! That's my thoughts on the subject anyway....
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

Die hard fans will be there but what about the new guy with a wife and kids that just play in the dirt and keep going to the concession stand it can get very expensive for a family to go these days

The PPVs I've seen are no match for being at the track. I watch them, when it's too far away and no one else wants to go. I don't know what the split on fees are, but it could be the track is making more than they would have with out it, if you count it as a live add. Just from the people I know, it's drew in a few fans to I80, Knoxville and FALLs, that had to go just from what they saw on the vids.

Simple answer is no! Watching on tv doesn't hold a candle against being there
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

I wouldn't have went to I77 last year for the hillbilly if it wasn't for video. Going back this year. Also 201 this year I watched videos and made the trip. The years I've missed the world 100, the videos they put out make me wish I was able to go more often.

Quote Originally Posted by x5lives View Post
    racing has bigger problems than videos................$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$
    And there's your answer to what's wrong today, nothing to with videos.
    Good response. In my opinion as well.

Only race I don't attend because I know I can watch it the next day is the North/South. Just don't feel like fighting the crowd for that race.

i prefer to see the show live!!!!!!!!!!! I can watch the driver i want to watch. only place that is worth watching on tv compared to live is the Indy 500. Cant see the whole track.
    Race tracker-- RAIN and COLD "killing me smalls"

I dont think vidoes are the problem it can help or hurt tracks. If the track puts on good or great show on of racing, people are going to goto that track. If track puts out bad show because track is one lane no passing just bad prep work, people not going go to it. Its all on the tracks at the end of the day.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Kwd1253 View Post
    I dont think vidoes are the problem it can help or hurt tracks. If the track puts on good or great show on of racing, people are going to goto that track. If track puts out bad show because track is one lane no passing just bad prep work, people not going go to it. Its all on the tracks at the end of the day.

I agree kwd and sometimes with video you do or don't see that so after reading some more or the comments on here I've came to realize that the videos can sometimes be a catch22/double edge sword type situation because on any given night any track can have a bad night and be one lane no passing as you pointed out. So it can go either way with the video.....
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

Quote Originally Posted by x5lives View Post
    Indeed. Everyone I know on the local level even gets burnt out primarily because of the cost.

Videos are good things. Lame track owners/promoters are bad things.

Video's don't hurt attendance but PPV Does JMO...........

Quote Originally Posted by rc24 View Post
    i prefer to see the show live!!!!!!!!!!! I can watch the driver i want to watch. only place that is worth watching on tv compared to live is the Indy 500. Cant see the whole track.
    100% right on... That and road course races but other than that forget it
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels