Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by deez lug nuts View Post
    Videos are good things. Lame track owners/promoters are bad things.
    I can only speak for the USA Nationals but I think it's helped. The crowds seem to get bigger every year and also seem to meet more people from other states every year. I (partially) attribute that to the PPV's

Quote Originally Posted by smoothoperator32 View Post
    Video's don't hurt attendance but PPV Does JMO...........
    Having gone to multiple races that have been PPV. I have yet to see that be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdirt View Post
    Having gone to multiple races that have been PPV. I have yet to see that be the case.
    Who cares dumb ass this was JMO

Who cares dumb ass this was JMO
    Well sh!t for brains. It was my opinion on the matter and it didn't agree with yours.

Get back to updating Bobbys website. Chop, Chop.

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdirt View Post
    Well sh!t for brains. It was my opinion on the matter and it didn't agree with yours.

Get back to updating Bobbys website. Chop, Chop.
    You quoted me on my opinion so just suck it!

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty55 View Post
    I agree kwd and sometimes with video you do or don't see that so after reading some more or the comments on here I've came to realize that the videos can sometimes be a catch22/double edge sword type situation because on any given night any track can have a bad night and be one lane no passing as you pointed out. So it can go either way with the video.....
    I have to agree with you on that, you can always go look up just weekend racing over the years at track on youtube. Then you can get a idea what the racing going be like .. i also seen when where tracks set the track up good for their big races and for normal racing its not so good. I dont go off on some people on here what they thing of track. If its not on fairbury,eldora,knoxville level and not well known name drivers its crap of racing. Then you have some who think some track are really good but not really at all.. just like i went to southern raceway in milton, fl in 02 and believe it was 1st southern raceway at the time "i could be wrong on that" . Wasnt even planning going to that track. Went out there to go camping and jeeping fri-sunday with family and friends. About around 7 clock after jeeping all day, i heard the noise i always grow up hearing.. i remember seen that track sign.. my mom friend thought it was offshore power boats. I knew what time it was told who ever wanted go jump in with me.. they was running super late models that night and late model trucks they had really good racing that night. But i had people tell me that track sucks, but that night i went they had really good racing.
    Last edited by Kwd1253; 08-22-2015 at 12:59 PM.

You quoted me on my opinion so just suck it!
    What does it matter whether I quoted you or not. I didn't say your opinion was flat out wrong, I didn't insult you. I just gave it from my perspective. You need some chill.

Smooth how do you see ppv hurting attendance? Just about all ppv races are pack some times it looks over pack. they had some people talk about n/s race, i think reason is they was over packed. They was not ready for that big of attendance for that race, what i gather from some post that went. Being way over packed can hurt just as much not having good races. But like hear why you think ppv are not good.
    Last edited by Kwd1253; 08-22-2015 at 01:17 PM.

KWD in my opinion only i think that ppv takes away from people going to see the races in person. In the older days when there was no way to find out who won unless you went to the track in my opinion has hurt attendance all around. I my self don't go to the races any longer for 2 reasons #1 cant afford it #2 tracks are not wheelchair accessible.

In my opinion, it only hurts the tracks that are run bad. If a track is promoted right has good car counts and good racing the crowd will be good. But if you see a video of a one lane train race at a place that has 9 supers for the feature, it will definitely affect them.
    Go Buckeyes!!!

I see what you saying smooth

No cause watching videos is like watching corn grow or golf. Not even close to being there.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    I look at videos like Fairbury and tell myself, I'm going to the PDC next year. I may have never went to tracks like tyler county, Attica, or 201 if I hadn't seen videos that enticed me to go.
    Same. Would like to go to a bunch more tracks anyway, but seeing them from the house beforehand only helps, for me at least.

Some of us have jobs that require us to be there 6 - 7 days a week so ppv and or videos are the only way we can keep up with the races. In my younger days it was common place for me and my brother to hit 70+ races a year all over the country.
    Some of the guys that use to run with us are in the same boat as family, health, and other reasons limit them from attending and rely on ppv and videos too.

Quote Originally Posted by ClampedUp View Post
    Some of us have jobs that require us to be there 6 - 7 days a week so ppv and or videos are the only way we can keep up with the races. In my younger days it was common place for me and my brother to hit 70+ races a year all over the country.
    Some of the guys that use to run with us are in the same boat as family, health, and other reasons limit them from attending and rely on ppv and videos too.
    I agree, I have had to change jobs and now I don't know from day to day what time I get off work and I now work Saturdays so, Friday and Saturday I might get home anywhere between 5:30 and 8:30 so, it's usually to late when I get home so, waking the next morning and be able to watch the videos helps me keep up with what's going on.
    Good post Clampup

Videos equate to more exposure for well run (and not) tracks, drivers, and the sport in general. Exposure is a good thing. It lets the good tracks and promoters stand out and the turds either get their act together or close up shop. I've been to several tracks I never would've attended if not for seeing them in action on DoD or YouTube. And there's also the benefit of seeing action when I can't attend due to work or family commitments.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

The days of my driving three hundred miles to get covered up with dirt at a black A$$ dirtsphalt race track are over. When I see a video of a track that is well prepped and watered then I try to make a trip to them and let the dust bowls cover up the sheeple without me. lol

Little off subject. If a track only has 2 or 3 cars that can win every week how bad does that hurt the track

Quote Originally Posted by liveforthethrill View Post
    Little off subject. If a track only has 2 or 3 cars that can win every week how bad does that hurt the track
    Often times that's a rules package problem, or a heavy surface where guys out dollar everyone else. Smaller tracks generally have better luck on this front than the big 1/2 miles, where engine dollars are more important.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

CLS USA Nationals PPV place was Jammed.. WORLD 100 3yrs PPV every year there are filled to the rim, I say no chance it's hurting the tracks.. They are just making more $$$$ on the side