Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scott James

Default Scott James

Does Scott James do more with less funding/equipment than anyone? I've known Scott for several years and always thought he was a wheelman. Yes, I will be the first one to admit, at times he gets over his head and tears up some stuff. But the last couple years he has been running a very old 13 degree motor (his only motor) and very limited equipment. His motor is probably 80hp less than the new wide bore technology. I believe he races off of very little sponsorship money, yet continues to be able to compete and beat drivers with much more current equipment and funding. I believe Scott has ran well considering his very limited resources. Good run last night at Lawrenceburg. Keep up the good work Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by smoke11 View Post
    does scott james do more with less funding/equipment than anyone? I've known scott for several years and always thought he was a wheelman. Yes, i will be the first one to admit, at times he gets over his head and tears up some stuff. But the last couple years he has been running a very old 13 degree motor (his only motor) and very limited equipment. His motor is probably 80hp less than the new wide bore technology. I believe he races off of very little sponsorship money, yet continues to be able to compete and beat drivers with much more current equipment and funding. I believe scott has ran well considering his very limited resources. Good run last night at lawrenceburg. Keep up the good work scott.
    smoke11,your blowin smoke!
    you just got greased
    http://www.goddardwarrior.net

This post is an offense to guys who show up with a few spare tires, 23 degree engines, old cars, etc. Look up the Carpenter family from WV, guys like John Whitney, and get back to me.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Kind of Hauler is his team using i was thinking saw them with big rig at florence so i dont think hurting for equipment

If the guy wasn't such a jacka** he might have a good ride.

Smoke11
    I agree, Scott use to have a blank check budget... now he's kind of like Blankenship, when the blank check is taken away so is the freedom of doing wtf ever you want... guys that go through this which is most of them eventually, they all get humbled and grounded...

Quote Originally Posted by ready2rd View Post
    Kind of Hauler is his team using i was thinking saw them with big rig at florence so i dont think hurting for equipment
    That rig is probably 15 years old. 1 old motor and one 2014 Rocket

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    This post is an offense to guys who show up with a few spare tires, 23 degree engines, old cars, etc. Look up the Carpenter family from WV, guys like John Whitney, and get back to me.
    He's not racing with much more than that right now

Sorry, didn't intend to offend John Whitey. I was unaware that the new Vic Hill motor he got this year was only a 23 degree motor. Wow is a big disadvantage.

In my opinion Scott can run with Lucas Oil boys with much less equipment. Not many are able to do that.

There are a lot of drivers racing with less due to the current cost of racing.

I guess a better question would be who in your area runs really well with very little equipment and money? Would love to hear about them.
    Last edited by SMOKE11; 08-23-2015 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKE11 View Post
    Sorry, didn't intend to offend John Whitey. I was unaware that the new Vic Hill motor he got this year was only a 23 degree motor. Wow is a big disadvantage.

In my opinion Scott can run with Lucas Oil boys with much less equipment. Not many are able to do that.

There are a lot of drivers racing with less due to the current cost of racing.

I guess a better question would be who in your area runs really well with very little equipment and money? Would love to hear about them.
    New Vic Hill? It is a 15 degree motor built in 2011. Lol
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

A 13 degree 430 is enough HP to win the feature at any track in the country ... A lot of times having more power makes life more difficult ..

Quote Originally Posted by hucktyson View Post
    A 13 degree 430 is enough HP to win the feature at any track in the country ... A lot of times having more power makes life more difficult ..
    Bingo! And you just need 4 tires and 4 shocks in any one race.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

The way he ran over people at the North/South its a wonder he has a car to drive!
    Race tracker-- RAIN and COLD "killing me smalls"

Quote Originally Posted by hucktyson View Post
    I don't know why all the Lucas and World of Outlaw regulars would waste an additional $15,000 on a wide bore motor if not an advantage. Wide bore motors produce around 70-85 more horsepower. Allow you to run a smaller stroke crank, which allows you to turn it more RPM and makes it drive smoother. Call and ask any motor builder how many new 13 degree motors they are building for Lucas/Outlaw teams.

I believe Scotts Motor was originally built by Pro Power 2006. He bought it used and had Dargie Race Engines in IN rebuild it. Not on the same level as current engines.

Not trying to knock on anyone else. Just think Scott runs well for the equipment he has. (when he isn't tearing it up)

I wish they would have not allowed wide bore motors. Another item that has raised the cost of racing.

he needs to get powell to spend a few more dollars. he has it. a one time he owned half the gravel pits around where I live. I think the only reason scott has that rig is b/c powell could not sell it when he first tried to get out of racing...at least that's what I was told.

I said plenty of power to win the feature at any track in America . I didn't say enough to set fast time at eldora if it was a mid 14 second track ....

Obviously if your racing for a living your going to buy the current latest and greatest

Scott James needs Jerry Bowersock to punch him in the mouth again.

He ran last night at Lawrenceburg in late model?

Quote Originally Posted by ThebigE View Post
    Scott James needs Jerry Bowersock to punch him in the mouth again.
    So does hucky......
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????