Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default LaSalle August 29

Anyone know who might show up for the 3000 to win for late models

The same 12 cars he gets on a regular night. That place has gone down hill in the last 5 years for the weekly shows. It's a shame I used to love to run that place but it seems they don't care anymore.

If I heard right they are going to only run 6 shows next year. Nothing from week to week. It looks like another track on its last leg. Really is sad.

No reason for this track to be in such bad shape!

Track has been junk most of the year, no prep worth a crap. And the attitude they have WOW!!! It's one of my favorite tracks but it needs some fresh faces that really care running it. They always pull good car counts for the big specials so maybe it will work for them, hope so don't want to see any track close.

Here's what's needed someone with some big dollars to run latest on a weekly basis with 5,000 to win and a good payout through the field with the likes of Babb,Shirley,Feger,Hackenast,Shepard, Unzicker,Weaver, to name a few. Then you might have a chance a your stands being full every Saturday night. Oh that's right that's never going to happen so, we are left with tracks not really being able to afford to keep the gates open. I'm just curious if this will be only tracks that just runs special in the future if this is indeed what's going to happen next year. I'm not saying it is or isn't because I don't have a clue.

You think it's a coincidence that they ran an IMCA race this year? Desperate times calls for desperate measures

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by J20in1st View Post
    You think it's a coincidence that they ran an IMCA race this year? Desperate times calls for desperate measures
    and had a good turnout of cars at that.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Quote Originally Posted by 1bbmft View Post
    The same 12 cars he gets on a regular night. That place has gone down hill in the last 5 years for the weekly shows. It's a shame I used to love to run that place but it seems they don't care anymore.
    They'll get more than 12 cars for a $3,000 to win. I doubt they'll get many big names though, maybe Unzicker and Weaver. I can't say I blame guys for not supporting an SRP show. Izzo sees one cloud in the sky and the show is getting canceled. Look how many times in the past couple year he's canceled a big show. (2013) Lucas Oil night one of two, (2014) Friday night of the Thaw Brawl that was rescheduled for Sunday, (2014) World of Outlaws Late models that were supposed to run in September, (2015) Lucas Oil @ LaSalle, (2015) Summernationals @ Wilmot. Hopefully this weekends show is a success. It would be nice to see LaSalle get back to the track it was in the early 00's.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by rayburnracer18 View Post
    They'll get more than 12 cars for a $3,000 to win. I doubt they'll get many big names though, maybe Unzicker and Weaver. I can't say I blame guys for not supporting an SRP show. Izzo sees one cloud in the sky and the show is getting canceled. Look how many times in the past couple year he's canceled a big show. (2013) Lucas Oil night one of two, (2014) Friday night of the Thaw Brawl that was rescheduled for Sunday, (2014) World of Outlaws Late models that were supposed to run in September, (2015) Lucas Oil @ LaSalle, (2015) Summernationals @ Wilmot. Hopefully this weekends show is a success. It would be nice to see LaSalle get back to the track it was in the early 00's.
    Whoa Whoa Whoa... Don't throw the 2015 Wilmot summer natls race in the mix yet. Tony said he was planning to reschedule that race for sometime in August and August isn't over yet.

I don't see how anyone can afford to run a UMP LM weekly. It takes between $600-$900 (depending on distance from track and if you have a dually or a BIG AZZ toter/semi) to run one night. So if your not top three your not even gonna break even. I love to watch the LM's but they've gotten way to costly weekly. Everyone wants to ask why they're are less and less cars weekly THERE IT IS. I can see why a promoter would only run specials for them and not weekly. All classes are getting out of hand and it's the drivers (and I'm one) and NO tech to blame. I have a way to cut the cost of a SS, pure stock, hobby mod, I mod but no one will do it, and it will eliminate the need for a $10,000+ motor. We all better take note of what is happening or we'll all be looking for a new sport to watch because there will be NO MORE RACING.......

NO CARS EQIUIL NO FANS EQUIL NO RACETRACKS.

1bbmft, tell us how to cut cost. I, like you, would love to cut cost also. My boy and I are trying to put a crate late model together for next year and the cost is still crazy. I would have one together this year, but the cost is holding me back because I'm the only one financing it. We could run a SS at Fairbury but from what I here you have to have deep pockets just for an engine in the SS class. I guess if you want to race it's going to take deep pockets. The average working man that is raising a family is going to have a hard time racing in any class. I would like to see Lasalle run crates next year and tech them. I for one, would race there just because it's in my own back yard. If Lasalle is hurting for super late models on a week basis why not run crate late models. I'm sorry it sounds like I'm crying in my beer but the cost is, and will always be way out of hand.

Back to the subject in OP before this post got hijacked, Chris Simpson and Ray Guss Jr will be there. So there is top 25-30 lm in the country and A Dirt Late Model Hall Of Famer

How was the IMCA show received? I thought the crowd was pretty good. Great turnout of mods.Late models not so much.

Thanks illowadirt32! We'll be at La Salle Aug. 29th and am really looking forward to it. If you run across any other information on drivers that are scheduled to be there please pass it on.

Get to spend a little time with our friends Jack & Jody Hewitt (Jack will be giving rides in his 2 seat sprint car) and see some great sprint car, midget and dirt late model racin' all at the same show.

Quote Originally Posted by illowadirt32 View Post
    Back to the subject in OP before this post got hijacked, Chris Simpson and Ray Guss Jr will be there. So there is top 25-30 lm in the country and A Dirt Late Model Hall Of Famer
    Chris Simpson going to LaSalle is no surprise. He's probably sick of getting beat by his brother. Both Simpson's will have a $3,000 payday on Saturday. BUT.........There is a chance of the "R" word so just be prepared you might hear Izzo's favorite "C" word on Saturday.

its funny Scott Schmitt is 12 miles down the road but travels to fairbury weekly

Quote Originally Posted by thugginsince89 View Post
    its funny Scott Schmitt is 12 miles down the road but travels to fairbury weekly
    thought he went after dual pointsthing scott runs good at alltracs

Frank Heckenast Jr has LaSalle on his schedule. All depends on Mother Nature. If LaSalle does what LaSalle normally does, you may see Simpson and others stay in WI for the Saturday CBC race at Plymouth, WI.

On the payout front...I'd love to see a track run LM's weekly and pay 2k or 3k to win BUT....you have to have enough butts in the seats to make that happen. At 3k to win you need 300 people at $10/each just to pay the winner. If the total payout for the LM feature is 10k, that's 1000 fans, and you still haven't paid the support classes.

Let's just say a track could draw 1000+ fans every week. They would still have to sell tix for at least $15/person plus sell a ton of hotdogs and beer to make it a worthwhile venture.

I'm thankful for track owners but I just don't see where all the $$$ is to be made??? Appears to me that most of the profits would be spent on Pepto Bismol with all that stress and worry.