Default Crate break in and first race?

I just got my new 604 in the car and primed the engine oil system for a good bit. Oil was trickling out all pushrods after a long prime. I used BradPenn break in oil. I've had good luck with it in race engines so I stuck with it. My question is this... Several local racers in crate who helped me get going say to do 1 race on the break in oil and dump it and the filter. Should I be nervous about their advice? I can't say they have engine trouble and they run every weekend. I was just a little nervous about running the break in oil for a race. Is this procedure common? I wish I could afford to run Joe Gibbs once I get switched over to race oil. Thanks guys.

mopar 92
    I agree with running break in oil for a full race and Brad Penn is good oil

please check our website or call us so we can help you with through race prep of your new engine

the 3 biggest things are

the valves are NOT adjusted or locked
    the balancer should be checked for TDC
    the 3 rear galley plugs above the camshaft need to be checked for tightness

the rest of our recommended checklist should be completed but the hot items are listed above

please call with any questions or problems

Brad Hibbard
    Race-1
    330-540-7223 call or text
    brad@race-1.com email
    www.race-1.com website

You've been a great help, as is your website. I followed it all to the T... I think after this first race I'll suck it up and go Joe Gibbs. Thanks for the quick reply.