Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TMac

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    He's always been like that.

As for his current problem. I'm not so sure it's the cars themselves, but it's more who's turning the wrenches on them cars.
    The 22 has probably the best rocket guy out there wrenching on it and the new gen rocket ain't working too well !! Just sayin' !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kwd1253 View Post
    I agree.. people say great drivers can win in any chassis, bs. Look at shannon from longhorn to club. Marlar from rocket to long horn to rocket until his capital was done they both looking great in their new chassis. Eckert looking good so far in his change of chassis . If they truely cant understand that chassis or someone on their crew, they wont be consistant. Tmac is not consistantly in top 5 or 10. He runs good one night then bad next night. That tells me his crew and him dont understand rocket chassis set up. How much testing does he do during the week to understand rocket chassis set up? He needs find someone that understands rocket chassis so when he tells them it needs be adjust to him and the track they can make it happen with eas. Or modify the chassis to fit him and easier to adjust to consistantly running up front. Like jimmy owns said he cant bet jd or scott if the cant be consistantly running strong in top 3 or 5. Maybe he needs stay with rocket chassis reach out get someone his team that really knows rocket chassis knowing its limit. It might be the chassis for him.. but if him or his crew get a new chassis longhorn, B.D./club, capital, ect. And cant learn the chassis set up easily he wont be a true factor. But that jmo tho

KWD thats a really good post right there. Great post!

A good driver can't win in anything. There is a big difference between a good driver and a good driver that knows what works on a car and what don't. The few drivers that can win in anything, could design and build that car. They don't rely on information from the house car. These few are usually the ones, that everyone s working harder to catch up.

T-Mac would be as much of a non-factor in a Longhorn as he is in a Rocket. The problem is certainly deeper than that. Josh isn't in the only Rocket nationwide that is running well. If other, less funded people can make them go then you can't say it is the chassis fault. Shirley, Miley, Hawkins, Spence, Hollidge, etc. have all wheeled Rockets to $3,000+ wins in the past few weeks (that is just off the top of my head). There have also been some big wins without Josh behind the wheel from Carrier, B. Shepp and even T-Mac himself.
    Last edited by W2Racing09; 08-28-2015 at 07:32 AM.

TMac is running against a little better competition on a nightly basis than the guys you listed W2. If he was running his Rocket against them, I'd say he'd have better results. The point was it appears he's not getting the help from Mark since Josh is starting to run so good and he's still struggling. You don't lose longtime customers like Chub without a reason. On the WoO, TMac should be around or in the top five every night. I don't believe the injury sustained a few years back is the reason. I might be wrong. But, I see the same sort of thing that Chub referred to in his interview. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by mud duck View Post
    TMac is running against a little better competition on a nightly basis than the guys you listed W2. If he was running his Rocket against them, I'd say he'd have better results. The point was it appears he's not getting the help from Mark since Josh is starting to run so good and he's still struggling. You don't lose longtime customers like Chub without a reason. On the WoO, TMac should be around or in the top five every night. I don't believe the injury sustained a few years back is the reason. I might be wrong. But, I see the same sort of thing that Chub referred to in his interview. JMO
    Chub said screw the KFC......I'm getting my chicken from Popeyes, better customer service, better chicken.
    EVERYBODY HAS A GAME PLAN, UNTIL THEY GET PUNCHED IN THE FACE.......M.T

Does anyone know what Mark had to give up to get the "secret" from Rumley? After tonight, I think we know something was done.

Quote Originally Posted by mud duck View Post
    Does anyone know what Mark had to give up to get the "secret" from Rumley? After tonight, I think we know something was done.
    I doubt he had to give anything. He's one of the smartest chassis builders, ever.....plus he's got a pretty good "secret" behind the wheel!
    Lions don't worry about the opinions of sheep.

Have you all ever thought maybe mark is helping tmac and they just can't figure it out. I mean Josh and Tim have both said they talk all the time and park next to each other. Maybe it is the frame or the motor or the crew or something personal. I would love to see the 39 winning all the time but it can't be one person's fault who isn't working on the car daily.

Good one 25drtrk!! LOL