Thread: Turning Stubs

Default Turning Stubs

Curious to get some feedback on turning stubs... How much are different chassis manufacturers leading the right? What kind of wheelbase difference is everyone running from left to right side? What are different ways everyone is positioning rear end front to back and side to side with relation to front stub if turned in car?

Waste of time, IMO: unless you don't know what your actually trying to fix by doing it. Much easier ways to fix what needs fixing without having to turn the whole stub.

Then again what do I know, I'm an idiot most of the time, lol

so basically you're saying you would keep the stub completely squared in the car? Now my question to that.. Would you add lot of steer with rear end with trailing arms or leave wheelbase on left and right the same?

This will quickly turn into a full blown argument so I'm not going to get overly involved here but will leave with this:

Wheel base: both cars in this drawing have the same wheel base, you think they both handle remotely the same? (blue vs pink)

Well since the upload didn't work, have to try this:

I'm not here to argue, just interested by your input. If I knew the answers I wouldn't be asking questions. From my understanding the blue car would push extremely bad on corner entrance even though stub is turned and have a lot of tire scrub down straights...

The turned stub is to help with entry and center. My cars have turned stubs but the rearend is square. Measuring the wheelbase shows the right side being 3/4" longer than the left. Having the rearend square helps maintain the drive off and down the straights.
    Bill W. and Dr. Bob......who could have known.

Has anyone ever tried anything more then 3/4" difference? we have stub turned 1" so left side is 109.5 and right side is 111.5. Is that too extreme?

Cars are built turned more than that. up to 2 inches. this isn't anything new