Default Lincoln speedway

Needing a new promoter for next year Lincoln Il.
    Last edited by Hollis; 08-28-2015 at 01:52 PM.

Why is that?

Schedule Changes:

As many of you may know by now, Norm and Yvonne Horn intend to retire from operation of Lincoln Speedway after 12 dedicated years and start a new chapter in their lives without being committed to operating a race track weekly. In looking at the remaining schedule, we have elected to make the following changes to our schedule:

Sept 4th - We will not be racing Sept 4th.
    Sept 11th - This will be the Season Championships and the final night of racing at Lincoln Speedway in 2015.
    October 9th - The MOWA/POWRi event scheduled for this night will not be held at Lincoln Speedway. MOWA and POWRi are working on re-structuring that weekend and MOWA/POWRi will have announcements in the coming days for those series.

With Norm and Yvonne no longer planning to be active in managingLincoln Speedway, CILTRAK has decided to not promote the Speedway in 2016. We simply can't manage it without Norm and Yvonne looking after the place daily and taking care of the races on Friday. Without them, we would have never been able to operate Lincoln from over an hour away.

We are confident that alternate promoters will be found and we will work hard to make sure that Lincoln is left in great hands. Norm has had several active discussions with promoters for the 2016 season and we are confident that 2016 will be a great season at Lincoln Speedway.

We have enjoyed working with Norm and Yvonne for two years at Lincoln and wish them nothing but happiness as they take a step back. Nobody has been more committed to the success of a local race track than Norm and Yvonne Horn.

Here is the perfect chance for some of the keyboard promoters to step up and show how it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by Baddboy1 View Post
    Here is the perfect chance for some of the keyboard promoters to step up and show how it's done.

Great post Baddboy1 and so true, I for one would like to see some of them that like to bash promoters or guys that prep and track do it so they can get their azzez chewed out every week for how bad they did lmao.

Come on bench warmers here's your chance to show us how it's done.

The town doesn't care about the track. It will be hard for anybody to succeed.

Completely the opposite the business in Lincoln love the track. Nice try Bud.
    Last edited by ss12; 08-29-2015 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by turnleftandgasit View Post
    The town doesn't care about the track. It will be hard for anybody to succeed.

That used to be the case the first few years but, not so much anymore. I will agree it's not like the smaller towns that have a track right in the city limits but, it's come a long way from the beginning years. I think the businesses have realized the revenue they get from the racers and fans and few hours of noise one night a week ain't so bad after all.

I think the problem is more that people just can't afford to either own a car and race or even afford to go to the races like they used to. That's a bigger problem for any tracks survival these days.

I think for the track to move forward it needs to be a open wheel track in my opinion. It seems the town supports more of the sprint, midget type races more then the late models. And in order for that to happen it needs a big sponsor to pull that off.

The facility in general is one of the better facility's around in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I think for the track to move forward it needs to be a open wheel track in my opinion. It seems the town supports more of the sprint, midget type races more then the late models. And in order for that to happen it needs a big sponsor to pull that off.

The facility in general is one of the better facility's around in my opinion.
    .... Yea Its a Sprint Track from way back lots of Sprint fans in Springfield. Use too do real well on sundays with Sprints...