Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Stewart says he didn't see Ward on track, blames parents for death

Stewart says he didn't see Ward on track, blames parents for death
    Well, the much anticipated war of words has officially begun in the case of Ward Family vs. Stewart civil suit.

This could get very interesting depending on how rough and tumble the attorney's on either side want to be. Questioning of Stewart, under oath, by the Ward Family's attorney could be the main attraction. Stewart won't be able to lay hands on the attorney in a court of law like he's attempted to do and has been accustomed to do in various situations in the past. Verbal outbursts and tirades, which have been a predominant character trait in the past definitely won't work in his favor, either. That kind of stuff would only collaborate the Ward Family contention that Stewart is out of control on a regular basis so Stewart would need to reign in his "passion" or make the plaintiff's case even more solid.

In short, Stewart isn't going to be able to act a fool as he's been famous for in the past.

NEW YORK — NASCAR star Tony Stewart said he didn't see a driver walking on a dirt track in upstate New York last year before he struck and killed him, and noted the racer was impaired by marijuana and shouldn't have been outside his car, according to court papers filed Friday.
    Kevin Ward Jr.'s family filed a lawsuit this month that accused Stewart of gross negligence, saying he gunned his engine and put his car into a skid as the 20-year-old Ward walked on the track after a crash at Canandaigua Motorsports Park on Aug. 9, 2014.
    Stewart's attorney, Brian Gwitt, argued in an answer to the Wards' lawsuit that Stewart didn't see the crash Ward had been involved in and didn't realize anyone was standing on the track.
    "Stewart was not aware that anyone had exited their vehicle," Gwitt wrote, adding that his client "did not see Ward Jr. or anyone else walking on foot on the track until just prior to contact, and did not know the identity of the person walking on the track until afterward."
    Gwitt claims Ward's death was caused by his own decision to exit his car and walk along the track while the race was still going on. The court filing says a toxicology report showed Ward had smoked marijuana within five hours of the competition, a violation of the race's rules and regulations, which "impaired him."
    Ward's parents, Kevin and Pamela Ward, are seeking unspecified monetary damages in their suit, which claims wrongful death, reckless conduct, gross negligence and their son's terror and suffering.
    The lawsuit notes Stewart's reputation for having a temper and claims that Stewart deliberately veered toward Ward after the collision.
    Stewart denied those allegations, and his lawyer argued that Stewart had never met Ward before and didn't even know there was a crash before he came up to it, because it happened behind him.

Stewart also claims that Ward's death was "caused in full or in part" by his parents, "who permitted or failed to prevent an impaired driver from participating" in the race.
    Evidence from the crash was presented to a grand jury in upstate New York, which declined to indict Stewart and called the incident "100 percent an accident."
    An attorney for Ward's family did not immediately respond Friday evening to an email seeking comment.

Just looking at this with logic I would say I would have to favor Stewarts side of that story.

CIRF hate for Tony makes me sick.Judge not

Quote Originally Posted by b1eagle View Post
    CIRF hate for Tony makes me sick.Judge not
    Tony has given people plenty of ammo. Wether right or wrong in this case, Tony's past won't help him.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

The Ward's are still saying Stewart revved up his car when the evidence in the original case has proven it was another car.
    I seen the Ward's latest interview on GMA this morning and his mother couldn't look the reporter in the eye or look at the camera when answering questions. To me that speaks louder than words.....
    Anything short of the Ward's getting 100% of Stewart's financial worth and him hanging by his neck in a tree will not make CIRF happy.
    Last edited by ClampedUp; 08-29-2015 at 11:08 AM.

Not a Fan Of Tony But.....Seen a lot of other drivers act just like him when hes mad some a lot worse and some a lot more often ..Over my 60 some years of life you could go back and I have lost my $hit more then once.. and if some one was there say i am nuts....But most people that know me think i am layed back....Tony under Oath will not get him in trouble....I have a Friend that's close to Tony, and say He said he did not see him, and did not take it well when he hit him...Said the first week he was a Zomb after it happened.....Been around Tony more then once hes a Layed back most of the time. And will come across that way in court.....I see this not lasting long or being tossed out by judge...

When did they come up with a test that can be that precise on when he smoked? I know they can tell up to 30 days if you have it in your system

If anyone thinks honestly thinks that Tony meant to hit that boy.....you're not a very smart human. That's just my opinion.

He has a short wick and bad past, but I don't see him actually aiming a car at someone and trying to hit them.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    When did they come up with a test that can be that precise on when he smoked? I know they can tell up to 30 days if you have it in your system
    It's a special test that is only used on dead folks. The test itself has existed for a number of years now.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    It's a special test that is only used on dead folks. The test itself has existed for a number of years now.
    Will did you know that it stays in hair for a real long time if you got a beard and its long 1 year after you smoked it will still be in your hair if you did not cut it all off...On a blood test they can tell with in a hour if you are still alive when you smoked it in the last 12 hours........

Well most people are cool and lay back after smoking some good. Hate seen what he would of done if he was sober to tony.

LOL to the Stewart haters. Another thread started by the same resident Stewart hater. Nothing is going to happen to Stewart and I do not think the Ward clan is going to get a dime and they shouldn't . The way they have acted is a sad shame. NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!! Next!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    LOL to the Stewart haters. Another thread started by the same resident Stewart hater. Nothing is going to happen to Stewart and I do not think the Ward clan is going to get a dime and they shouldn't . The way they have acted is a sad shame. NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!! Next!!!
    No kidding.... CIRF has made it his mission to try and destroy Stewart on here. Like the Wards, he has made himself look like an idiot.

Stewart's past "outbursts and tirades" won't be an issue. Stewart had no reason to be angry as he didn't even know Ward had wrecked. All the bull(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) about Stewart trying to buzz the kid is just that. Bull(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word).
    Hate Stewart if you want but not for Ward's death.
    Support WEEKLY racing......while you still can!

I really thought Stewart would settle early. If he doesn't, the Ward's will lose. He could pour hundreds of thousands into attorneys, where the Wards can only afford "ambulance chasers".

It appears to me the Ward family hired an "ambulance chaser" for an attorney, who is only out for a quick buck (as is the Ward family,too). Im sure Tony has One of New Yorks finest for his defense and will eat theirs for lunch. All of their allegations were made null and void after the grand jury failed to bring an indictment.

I hope Tony fights this and does not agree to a settlement. However, Im sure his sponsors have an influence of how this will be played out!
    Lions don't worry about the opinions of sheep.

I wonder what happened to that guy tony beat the crap out of when he was racing in australia. This happened a few yrs back and there was a law suit over it. Then you never heard anythg from it. Prolly a payoff?

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    I wonder what happened to that guy tony beat the crap out of when he was racing in australia. This happened a few yrs back and there was a law suit over it. Then you never heard anythg from it. Prolly a payoff?
    I wonder what happened to the track owner that gave him a black eye.

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdirt View Post

Tony beat that guy bad and he had to have surgery and was banned from that track then you never heard any more about it.

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdirt View Post
    Tony beat that guy bad and he had to have surgery and was banned from that track then you never heard any more about it.

Ahhh I see the Stewart lovers are out in full force today lol.... Stewart pays nothing to the Ward family will be the final verdict....
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!