Default Brinn/Falcon Friction Disc

Are the friction disc interchangeable from Brinn to Falcon transmissions?

I have looked everywhere online and cannot find the answer. I did learn that the Brinn used a Honda disc from the 70's/80's. maybe someone can help with a part number for that!

Default Friction Disc

Someone has to know the answer to this. I would obviously prefer to pay the $50 for the Falcon disc vs. $179 for Brinn.

I have paid $50ish for 6 disc from Bryke Racing before but no longer see them listed on their website or their eBay store.
    Last edited by Team Steele Racing; 08-30-2015 at 05:38 PM. Reason: update info

Winters performance builds falcon transmissions. You could probably give them a call and talk to tech service.

Thanks, it will be my next step tomorrow, I was hoping to find out here so I could order it and have it sent as soon as possible. It sucks waiting for a push truck to get you going start a race. The clutch pedal was soft as soon as we left the pits for qualifying and was gone after crossing the scales. Tried bleeding and there was still nothing.

Hm. I had to order parts for a customer last week that had one in the car I was working on and they have a pretty good parts breakdown online. Maybe this will help. Looks like you need 70 and 71
    Attached Images Attached Images

the honda clutches are not the same as the falcon/brinn. The honda clutches do not have as much clutch material, therefore are not as thick. This requires 1 extra clutch disk installed.

Having said that, i used the honda clutches in my falcon tranny for 3 years. Had to replace them sooner, but it cost about $35 from our local transmission supply warehouse. I just stacked 2 friction disk back to back when i was assembling the drum.

1980 honda civic "hondamatic" automatic transmission is what you'd need if you wanted to go that route.

They will fit inside the brinn drum, you might have to play with the number of friction/steel disk tho. I'm not sure if the depth of the brinn drum is the same as the falcon.
    Last edited by JHobbs26; 09-01-2015 at 04:47 AM.

I think the Brinn Clutch also has the teeth heat treated and are about .081 Thick. Hope it helps.