Default Best mechanical fan

I have a stock clip latemodel that will require a pretty deep shroud and have heard tell of a higher pitch mechanical fan the are the ones advertised in Speedway, Allstar and DAY catalogs. Any info and opinions. I make custom shrouds but through what I have heard about a fan with more than 33* pitch was interested in what others might know. Thanks

GM fan pn 405442 4 blade is best mechanical fan available.

Curt Drake
    Late model #55x

I agree that is the best I have found

If you go to the GM dealer and get a factory 4 blade fan they have a 60 degree pitch. I think mine cost around $105.
    Joe's Race Parts
    From Mild to Wild...
    and Everything in Between
    http://www.191speedway.com
    http://www.joesraceparts.com

Quote Originally Posted by jmayabb View Post
    If you go to the GM dealer and get a factory 4 blade fan they have a 60 degree pitch. I think mine cost around $105.
    they are 36 degree

Yes. GM 4 blade. 19" diameter. 32 degree pitch actually. CV Products has them for $50-ish. Part# CV1519

Quote Originally Posted by HuckleberryB4 View Post
    Yes. GM 4 blade. 19" diameter. 32 degree pitch actually. CV Products has them for $50-ish. Part# CV1519
    CV is not a gm fan. Cv are 32 degrees same as all star.

GM is 36 degree.

This is the one that I have but I got it at the GM dealer.

19" - GM 60 DEGREE PITCH 4 BLADE FAN

Comments: The Original! GM factory fan with (4) 60 degree pitch angled blades to pull more air through for faster cooling.
    Product Details
    Part Number: 100 15373
    $111.95

http://www.keysermanufacturing.com/Fans-FANS
    Joe's Race Parts
    From Mild to Wild...
    and Everything in Between
    http://www.191speedway.com
    http://www.joesraceparts.com

Quote Originally Posted by Towers21 View Post
    I have a stock clip latemodel that will require a pretty deep shroud and have heard tell of a higher pitch mechanical fan the are the ones advertised in Speedway, Allstar and DAY catalogs. Any info and opinions. I make custom shrouds but through what I have heard about a fan with more than 33* pitch was interested in what others might know. Thanks
    We ran a stock clip llm a few years ago. We used a Northern single pass rad., 4 blade gm fan 32/36 degree?, 1:1 pulleys, no shroud, and no restrictor or thermostat. It would only run 200 deg during the summer months. We were allowed to use 305 heads so it had quite a bit of compression. Also we werent allowed a big engine setback, only 1" from sparkplug to balljoint.
    Lions don't worry about the opinions of sheep.

Wonder how much power that 60* fan from Keyser pulls.

I might be missing something but I think this is a matter of where you consider 0 degrees to be. To me, 0 would be no pitch at all and 90 would be a paddle wheel. I think they might be measuring the other way around at Keyser. The picture of it on their website sure doesn't look like 60 degree pitch the way I would measure it.
    I'm no propeller engineer but I think anything past 45 degrees is going to create additional drag while moving air in the direction you want it to be moving.

lol.. wow. You guys are seriously funny.

I can copy paste all kinds of FALSE advertising, all day long if you would like.

gm fan is 36 degrees, I don't care if you find 100 for sale adds claiming it is not

Ignore the internet bs and go buy a GM 405442 & a CV 1519 & lay them on top of each other & see which has the most pitch.Answer: they are the same.

i have a few of the 6 blade 8500 rpm 15 " fans . i used a prc radiator with a custom shroud. make sure that your fan blades are only half way in the shroud or the air will stall. car never ran over 200 degrees. if you need one pm me 25 bucks each.