Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i77

Default i77

What's the good and bad about this place? Thinking about making the trip out for the hillbilly Sunday. Never have been out there before. Just wanting to know what to look for while I'm out there.

Great race track, not so much for facilities. I encourage you to get there early to get a good parking spot. All parking is kinda difficult. Track is in the middle of nowhere. But, like I said, the racing is very good.

Quote Originally Posted by 32racer View Post
    Great race track, not so much for facilities. I encourage you to get there early to get a good parking spot. All parking is kinda difficult. Track is in the middle of nowhere. But, like I said, the racing is very good.
    I heard it was comparable to tyler county, I went there in 2010 I think it was. Loved the track and the racing, the facilities wasn't nothing to brag about, you can't expect much going to a race called the hillbilly in WV can ya? Haha. I seen they had done work on the camping and parking are, maybe that'll be a lil different this year.

Thanks for the info.

Racing is pretty good, I went to this race last year. The parking situation isn't great they trolleyed people up and down the hill last year. I ended up getting off the trolley and walking as the trolley couldn't move for people leaving the track. Wear a black shirt the dirt is kind of a red clay and I was pretty darn filthy when I left last year.
    T3G - Never Forget, Hardly Remember
    Eastbay (5)

What is their policy on coolers ?

Just remember you will be in W.V. so do not make a wrong turn.. Lol

Drove 120 miles with the threat of rain last year and was not disappointed

Racing is usually good. Facilities and parking are not. But it's the Hillbilly, what can you expect...

Quote Originally Posted by swartzman View Post
    Learned that one the hard way!
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

But they are all wrong!!!!

But.....do they make you "squeal like a pig"? lol
    Lions don't worry about the opinions of sheep.

You should be alright...............unless your related.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    I heard it was comparable to tyler county, I went there in 2010 I think it was. Loved the track and the racing, the facilities wasn't nothing to brag about, you can't expect much going to a race called the hillbilly in WV can ya? Haha. I seen they had done work on the camping and parking are, maybe that'll be a lil different this year.

Thanks for the info.
    Tyler is better and the Hillbilly should be held there instead. I-77 isn't bad as far as the racing is concerned, but everything else is a hassle like camping and parking.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    Tyler is better and the Hillbilly should be held there instead. I-77 isn't bad as far as the racing is concerned, but everything else is a hassle like camping and parking.
    Agreed, bring it back to Tyler County.

I've been traveling for about 10 years to wv to ride quads down there, I know all about the wrong turns. But thanks for the input guys!

I'm so glad we could turn this into a "bash WV" thread. Little FYI, WV is not filled with inbred people and in all my time living here, I have never made a wrong turn where a good, decent person wasn't willing to help in any way possible. Can't say the same about other states that I have traveled. Real nice to see how much prejudice still exists in our country. Sure does show the ignorance of some 4mer's. I must say that I am proud to be a West Virginian. Furthermore, if you feel so negatively about the state, please stay home.

As for the question, I have never been disappointed with the Hillbilly while it's been at I-77. As I reflect on the races that I attend during the year, this race is usually tops on the list or very close to the top, year after year.

Lucasfan.....I for one like it down there. Haven't met a bad person down there in all the years I've been going down there. There's hilljacks everywhere, some just think most in wv is one. I look forward to going Sunday.

zyoung25...I'm glad you enjoy the state. We look forward to welcoming you back and hope you have a great time.

Safe travels

I have made a WV joke or two over the years, but the times I've been down there for races, I've found the locals to be really nice, fairly normal people.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Country Roads Take Me Home!!
    zyoung25, u won't be disappointed