Default East ky. Tracks whats wrong ????

201....Only running one race on the first of the month.Looks like they are gonna loose a few fans. Saw where they gave rain checks and now will not honor them.
    They say that none were giving but some how some fans put pics of the tickets on their facebook page.
    I think it will be a good show if they can keep the dust down,but not racing for a mounth now it might be difficult.

WILLARD No racing in September

191 Scheduling a big race out of the blue 4 days ahead and on top of big race at ponderosa on a Friday when they always run on Saturday.

How can any track expect to stay open these days doing s*** like this ??

I guess I will just start driving farther and go to Florence and PRP. You don't see them pulling any stunts like those.

Sorry for ranting but just can't understand why they do this S***.

They won't stay open doing it the way you describe.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

dirt track racing in east ky is probably a thing of the past. Unless some ownerships and practices change anyway. I guess i'll find a new hobby, cant afford to travel 3 hours to run for 600 at prp. It's a real bummer.

201 announced at the rain out race in april how the rain out would work. I don't have a problem really cause i'm gonna be watching all the racing that i'm owed.

In 191 defense they've had a big late model race scheduled all year for labor day weekend. They run the swift silver mine race labor day weekend as it is swift silver mine days in campton
    Last edited by bradc; 09-02-2015 at 09:08 AM.

Trying to help 201, 191 and Willard improve their racing operations would be like pouring water in a bottomless bucket. It's been proven to be a waste of your time!

Economy in East Ky. is very bad right now with coal taking a big hit and all the service industries suffering as well. Less money to spend means less racers, less fans, and the tracks just trying to stay open. The race at 191 has been on the schedule since the first of the year, only now are they advertising the purse. My understanding on 201 is there are no rain checks from the race in the spring, they called it a completed show because they ran the heats. Willard has gone to sat, nites because of work the promoter says. Could be he's trying to take advantage of 201 not running and the fact that Southern Ohio is returning to racing on Friday nites. There are also some underlying things happening that we'll probably never know about, but excludes the possibility of these tracks working together to improve racing in the region. I live in about the center of these three tracks and have attended races at all 3, but this year I have been going to Portsmouth and Atomic which is about a 2 to 3 hour drive for me because the racing has been better and I like sprint cars(Atomic). Bradc, your right, it may take ownership changes, rule changes and other things to get these tracks back to good racing.

bradc

If you go look at chris tilley's facebook you will see where he talked to all the tracks back in November before he planed his iron man,and now 191 runs on a FRIDAY and not their usual Saturday.
    I think that they are gonna hurt them selfs for running Friday, JMO.
    I'll bet they don't get 15 LATES.
    It does not matter to me cause I,m not going any where Friday,got family planes.
    But I,ll be at PRP Saturday,3 hour drive and worth every bit of it !!!!!!!!

bayou tuff

What does WILLARD going to Saturdays have to do with not running a single race in September ??

Tilley bitching about tracks scheduling on top of each other (or really just his race) is the height of irony.