Thread: hell tour

Default hell tour

Don't know if this is the right forum but How many guy's do u have to compete with to make the shows??

Quote Originally Posted by 95rayburn View Post
    Don't know if this is the right forum but How many guy's do u have to compete with to make the shows??
    depends where ur at how many cars showup. only 3 guys followed this year

Yes, it depends on the track. Farley, Jacksonville, KKK, and Brownstown are some of the tracks with lower car counts.
    Others like Peoria, Farmer City, LaSalle, and FALS usually get close to 50 lates. Like cgrace said, depends on location.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by cgrace View Post
    only 3 guys followed this year
    Thats the normal for most years

Quote Originally Posted by smoothoperator32 View Post
    Thats the normal for most years
    lmaof ya know we dontagree it was worse only just over half races for yourboy and only 3 usually 28 races guys fall off big diff
    Last edited by cgrace; 09-02-2015 at 01:19 PM.

28 races 10 were rained out 18 were completed which is more than half. Everyone had the same opportunity. Usually only 2 or 3 run the whole series.

You make it sound like a 3 horse race when in reality there are guys that follow the tour that don't hit every show. Jason competed in over 1/2 of the races. Shirley most certainly would have done the same if not more if not for personal problems. BShep will probably be back next year after he balances the check bookBilly Moyer made 1/2 of the events.
    Erb 5 races
    Heckenast 5 races
    Schlieper 6 races
    Mars
    Marlar
    KRob
    Guss
    Simpson
    Diemel
    Walace

running the whole series means nothing except for the points fund at the end of the year.
    8/13/16

There are good amount of guys that hit a couple of handfuls of Lucas/WoO shows. I don't consider them as followers of those tours.

3 guys hit all the races. Feger missed one race. Babb and Culp dropped off the last week. You could throw in Moon and Halher as guys that hit most of the tour. So 8 guys really that were "followers" of the tour. Sorry, I don't consider Heckenast and Erb as followers when they only hit 5-6 races when the series they actually follow is off that weekend.
    Last edited by huskerdirt; 09-02-2015 at 03:42 PM.

Early in the season, all the serious contenders show at every race. When hopes of finishing in the top of the points chase disappears, they choose not to travel long distances for some of the later races. In Illinois, we can expect 35 to 60 cars, depending on track, date and pay out. All in all, it's not easy, but some of the best racing of the summer.

The highest car count of the Hell Tour is where the fastest meet to race. Oakshade Raceway!!!! For some reason the only track in the country that can pay $10,000 to win and only charge $12 to get in and get 50+ late models every year. Kinda makes me wonder why other tracks are charging 20,25 dollars and paying $5,000 to win.
    Go Buckeyes!!!

So a minimum of 35 cars at every show trying to me it to the main

Quote Originally Posted by 95rayburn View Post
    So a minimum of 35 cars at every show trying to me it to the main
    Car counts

Farley 25
    Jaxvll 22
    Cedar Lake 25
    KKK 29
    Brownstown 25
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Toledo, OH View Post
    The highest car count of the Hell Tour is where the fastest meet to race. Oakshade Raceway!!!! For some reason the only track in the country that can pay $10,000 to win and only charge $12 to get in and get 50+ late models every year. Kinda makes me wonder why other tracks are charging 20,25 dollars and paying $5,000 to win.
    I would have to think the reason tracks charge 20.00 to 25.00 is it helps them keep the gates opens on a weekly basis. Probably the only race where they actually make a decent profit. Just a guess.

some trackshave smaller stands too

Quote Originally Posted by cgrace View Post
    some trackshave smaller stands too
    You make a good point.

Highside them tracks u mentioned are they tacky or dry slick. Because im running a 08 Rayburn on swing arm and its awsome when track is tacky all nite

I can honestly only speak for 3. I have not been to Brownstown or Cedar Lake. Jaxonville probably fits your bill best. Course, Farley is a 1/2 mile. Still good track prep. KKK you can get just about anything. Peoria, Lincoln, FC, and FALS usually stay fast all night. Car counts are higher as they draw a lot of tough locals.
    8/13/16

HH, Farley is 3/8 mile.

The SN race at Farley got one lane rubbered up. Not at all what you expect from a hell tour race.