Thread: left rear drop

Default left rear drop

2013 MasterSbilt Smackdown. What's everyone running for left side axle drop? (Bottom of overslung frame to top of axel). I'm at 11-3/4" but compared to what the other cars look like mine doesn't seam to hike as high. Has anyone tried running low or no bite on a slick track to tighten entry and let the left bars get the car off the corner? and would this require more left rear drop? Just an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by 37mod View Post
    2013 MasterSbilt Smackdown. What's everyone running for left side axle drop? (Bottom of overslung frame to top of axel). I'm at 11-3/4" but compared to what the other cars look like mine doesn't seam to hike as high. Has anyone tried running low or no bite on a slick track to tighten entry and let the left bars get the car off the corner? and would this require more left rear drop? Just an idea.
    I am usually around 13.5". Measure by jacking up car under seat area.

I typically run pretty high bite numbers. Yes, lower bite will require you to do something to wedge up on exit unless it is totally a momentum deal.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Quote Originally Posted by 37mod View Post

I was not getting near enough hike at 12.5. Never had a smackdown before. Went to 12.80" from 12.4" or so and it made a hell of a difference with the rear steer. I believe I need to go up in bite though. I did lose some drive but not much. I'm looking at pics of my car and others and I'd swear, some guys just letting the shocks take the fall. Some guys LR's are way up in the door.
    Top to bottom - 12.25 then 12.5, then bottom is 12.80 or so. I'm out of chain. I could not get it to go to 13".
    Attached Images Attached Images

I am like Mastersbiltracer 13.5" with high bite

Quote Originally Posted by cjsracing View Post
    I am like Mastersbiltracer 13.5" with high bite
    what is high bite these days

I start with 140 lbs and usually end up 160 - 180 once it gets slick

Also take into consideration you gain more rake in your J-Bar when the LR drop is more. Smackdowns have quite a bit of roll - steer (short links). You could try longer links on the LR...move the upper shock mount back too to maintain the original positioning.