Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I doubt they'll return to weekly racing on Sundays.
    Support WEEKLY racing......while you still can!

Quote Originally Posted by Pops15 View Post
    I doubt they'll return to weekly racing on Sundays.
    Pops I have heard both rumors. I have heard they are going to run on Sunday's and I have heard they are not on a weekly basis just some specials but, like I said these are just rumors and we know how rumors go.

I really don't think Sudays is a good option. People just don't have the money to spend for 3 nights of racing anymore on a weekly basis. Maybe some specials on Sunday though

Maybe we will see some specials with PowrI midgets running at Lincoln on Friday Macon on Saturday and Belleviile on Sunday's.
    Last edited by kidrock; 09-08-2015 at 07:50 AM.

I heard Sprints on Sundays.. Lot of people use to go to the Sprints on Sunday....

A lot of people used to go to Danville on Sunday too. Things have changed over time.
    I was against them switching from Sundays to Saturdays and I wasn't for the switch from Saturdays to Fridays either. Like it or not Lincoln is a Friday night track now. I suspect Kidrock is right and they'll run a few Sunday specials.
    Support WEEKLY racing......while you still can!

Hey I just wanted to apologize for bashing Bob Sargent. I was misinformed on why the track was so bad at Paducah. Turns out it wasn't his fault. My apologies.

Takes a good man to come back on here and apologize but, like others have said more then not Bob gets it right.

Can't speak to the issues with the guys that run weekly at his tracks but he consistently delivers top notch racing when a big show comes around. This includes Macon as well as shows that he has promoted at Jacksonville and Lincoln in recent years.

Bob Sargent is a mainstay dirt track promoter and has been for decades. He obviously knows what he'd doing and given a level playing field he'll be successful at Lincoln, as well. A promoter being successful at any given track usually means that the paying customer and competitors alike are pleased with what is being presented to them.

Sarge has kept both open wheel and stock car auto racing alive on the state fairgrounds 1 mile dirt tracks at Springfield, Du Quoin and Indianapolis through some very challenging and trying times. For that, many of us who have deep affection for the tradition, beauty and usually great racing, are very grateful. The great USAC Silver Crown shows that Bob was a integral part of 2 weeks ago at Springfield and just this past Sunday evening at Du Quoin are a testament to Sarge's expertise and dedication. I believe this persistence and work ethic will benefit Lincoln Speedway, as well.

My only complaint with Sarge is that he tends to overdo it in regards to support classes. We all know the need and importance of support classes but it seems Sarge can include 1 or 2 too many. That having been said he sure as he!! is doing a lot right to be around as long as he has.