Default 602 engine life span

ok so we win a lot of races and run a box stock 602 but do dyno and it is maxed out on HP. how many races can you put on it before it drops off. hendrens dyno our stuff and he says to run it but it has 34 races on it. still winning races and has no blow by or uses any oil. but i feel it has dropped off on power. i do have a new one in my back up car with just two races on it. we only have 4 races left so should we change it out or just re-dyno it and run it. will it last.

If it is not broke,,do not mess with it.
    We build fast race cars,,not race cars fast!

Have you changed valve springs on it yet? If no, then that would be a good idea but 34 nights isnt much on a 602 thats tuned well and not run hot. I always kept a log book for my engines and recorded oil changes, springs changes and leak down test results. A chassis dyno is a good tool to use a few times a season. Allows you to break-in and tune motors and then check that things are still in good condition mid season and also end of season. Eric

yes well took care of. has been aroud 15 races from last dyno pull so might put it back on. but what a good number be for they are a time bomb.

Guys have run them over 120 nights for years now.