Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Big difference! The difference between night and day for sure.

18 degree engines still win their share of local races but are fading fast.

I'd get a good 13 degree setup and learn how to hook it up and then go for broke if the pocket book allows.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

Terry , what do you think of the old 14 degree pro action head ? 230cc on alcohol ?

14* aluminum or steel?The 14* aluminum head won't make the power of a good 13* or 11* or SB2.2 but on a local level they can be competetive.14* steel head is best steel head ever made but very heavy.

Default Late model engine

We are starting to look into getting ready to make an up grade to late model, I hear about these 9,11,14,18 degree aluminium engines. My question is which would be the best all around motor, right now we run a 3/8 high banked oval ( you know the conditions dry when hot, wet tacky when cool & everything in between) I can only afford to do this investment once plus of course keep maintained.Thank you in advance

Quote Originally Posted by JDME View Post
    We are starting to look into getting ready to make an up grade to late model, I hear about these 9,11,14,18 degree aluminium engines. My question is which would be the best all around motor, right now we run a 3/8 high banked oval ( you know the conditions dry when hot, wet tacky when cool & everything in between) I can only afford to do this investment once plus of course keep maintained.Thank you in advance
    What are the tire rules?

Quote Originally Posted by JDME View PostWe are starting to look into getting ready to make an up grade to late model, I hear about these 9,11,14,18 degree aluminium engines. My question is which would be the best all around motor, right now we run a 3/8 high banked oval ( you know the conditions dry when hot, wet tacky when cool & everything in between) I can only afford to do this investment once plus of course keep maintained.Thank you in advance Tires rule would be UMP & ALMS rules

I have several customers that win consistenly in Supers with all steel 360ci but they get a 12" spoiler & the big all aluminum engines only get 8" spoilers.This is on local weekend racing not Lucas or WoO.If you want to compete on the Lucas then you better have two cars,stacker trailer,at least 3 all aluminum engines in the 430-460ci range and lots of money.

I think the 18 degree with an alum block would be a minimum in that area of the country. 13 degree or sb2 or something on top of a wide bore block would be better. Call one of the big motor builders and see what they have to offer.