Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Eldora is awesome but.....

The dust is getting bad. This is my 25th world. And I'll come for 25 more. I love the place. It's like no other. But the dust is worse than ever. Noticed it last year. Thought it was just a one time thing. Pretty bad this year. Don't get me wrong. Racing is great. Multiple grooves. It's great. But it's getting hard to see. Never was like this when Earl was in that water truck. Glad I'm under the shed. I can't imagine what the folks in turn 3 and 4 look like afterwards. ....hope I put this in a way I won't get slammed. Just being honest.
    Last edited by dirt crow; 09-11-2015 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dirt crow View Post
    The dust is getting bad. This is my 25th world. And I'll come for 25 more. I love the place. It's like no other. But the dust is worse than ever. Noticed it last year. Thought it was just a one time thing. Pretty bad this year. Don't get me wrong. Racing is great. Multiple grooves. It's great. But it's getting hard to see. Never was like this when Earl was in that water truck. Glad I'm under the shed. I can't imagine what the folks in turn 3 and 4 look like afterwards. ....hope I put this in a way I won't get slammed. Just being honest.
    No one should have any reason to slam you. Aside from the fans in attendance, there are thousands of people who are streaming in the video as well. It was poor quality as a result from the dust.

twice the dust, half the cars...

It's a dirt track, who cares about dust? As long as the racing is good let the dirt rain down!

What's wrong with seeing it clearly like it once was. Barely can make out the action in 3 from 1.

The. Usual complaining

Yea I think the new clay is great but seems to blow a fine dust instead of sandy dust like in the past.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by golddirt View Post
    The. Usual complaining

So you would rather see a dust cloud rather than the races themselves is what your saying?
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

No I am saying it's the usual complaining

The good thing about Eldora is you can move. Sometimes the front stretch is the worst place to sit. Play the wind. I have sat on the front stretch before and been hit with rocks dirt and moved to turn 3 and never put my glasses on the rest of the night. Sometimes turn one is the best place. Its one of the few tracks where you can sit all around it or in the middle if you choose. A few years ago not sure the year(the year Scott James was in the Warrior house car) it was tackey, the coushin got so bad and the speeds are so high everyone was ripping the body panels and nose pieces off just from hitting the track. I think after that they keep it dryer.
    Go Buckeyes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by golddirt View Post
    The. Usual complaining
    A true statement. Complaint in it yes. But more positive words with it. You don't like it, I don't care. ....as a matter of fact, just go to he||.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Racing #1 View Post

How is the picture quality on the world 100 pay per view in past years? I plan to hook computer up to tv. So I can watch it on the big screen tv.

I will put it this way. Its 1 race to attend if you have never been there. And once you have been there, the best picture your going to see is at home. Unbelievably DUSTY from start to finish. Its well worth the money on DOD

Hahaha!!! I done got my shovel pal!

We love Eldora but this is the second year we are watching ppv.The last time we were there we had to take the kids because the sitter let us down.The 4 yr old like Thurs and Fri night from turn 1.Sat we moved to our seats in turn 3 and when the race action started he said I hate this place and wanted to leave.My wife had watch spongebob in the car.The 13 yr old and I enjoyed the dusty race.We will be back without the kids.

What's wrong with seeing it clearly like it once was. Barely can make out the action in 3 from 1.
    Nothing wrong at all. Wonder why we can't have it like it used to be also. Not good for people to breath too much dust and rubber oxides all the time. Would be nice to be able to see and breath. And also see a tacky surface.

Quote Originally Posted by plunks7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Racing #1 View Post How is the picture quality on the world 100 pay per view in past years? I plan to hook computer up to tv. So I can watch it on the big screen tv. I will put it this way. Its 1 race to attend if you have never been there. And once you have been there, the best picture your going to see is at home. Unbelievably DUSTY from start to finish. Its well worth the money on DOD
    I've been to the dream and world several times. Plus I was at the million.

There were plenty of dusty nights there even when Earl ran the place.

well, looks like ole dirt crow has got something to complain about instead of bashing TST.....good job Eldora.....

Even though I'd never wish to go back to the day racing, those were my best Eldora memories. Watching Earl go from mud pit to concrete in the span of 8 hours was simply amazing. Hearing right rears screaming out loud are all but a distant memory now.
    RACE HARD RACE OFTEN

It's a shame that "The World's Greatest Dirt Track" has one of "The Worst Chasing Surfaces."