Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The guys who are good, find away to get there!!! Yes luck is needed. But, you also have to be (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) good!!

Or just say the other five guys who started 5th in heats all made the show.

I like Bshepp, but he's the only one who started 5th in a heat to not transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by B_K View Post
    Or just say the other five guys who started 5th in heats all made the show.

I like Bshepp, but he's the only one who started 5th in a heat to not transfer.
    And 4 of those guys needed a b main to get in the show.

Davenport was the only driver to transfer to the A from the 5th spot from there heat race.

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdirt View Post
    Quit comparing this to your glory years.

Chris Ferguson probably passed less cars than BShepp did all weekend. That makes your weak a$$ argument not even worth sh!t.
    Nasty55 did, not me! I agree BShepp was more worthy, but he could have raced his way in like the others.

Fergy nor Moran raced their way in your point is invalid

It really doesn't matter and he did take home $12000 for the weekend and didn't even make the show. That's pretty darn good in my book. Money wise probably the best performing Rocket of the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by MUD MAESTRO View Post
    Call it tough luck or lousy fromat. Brandon Sheppard wins 2 feature events at Eldora and ends up starting fifth in heat one of the Saturdays finals. Shep now faces the possibility of missing the World 100 altogether by way of an 8th place finish in his heat. Only a good finish in one of the bmain will put him in the big show. Something isnt right with this format.
    Hey kid if you think its tuff to get in the show at The Big E then you probably can only imagine how hard it was down in the holler at Pennsboro among the mud,blood,guts,and beer !

This is exactly why the 2 big races at Eldora are THE crown jewels in my opinion. Top 3 in your heat are in. Or you go to a consi. If you don't run good your out. Where you are in Lucas points or Outlaws points mean nothing. Qualifying locks in only top two guys. Running good Thurs and Friday on gets you in the invert. Then its the all up to the spin. And Eldora is a track you can start anywhere. If you have the best car you can come from the last row. He was fast Thursday, Early Saturday slow when it counted. No back up cars, no provisionals. That's the way it should be.
    Go Buckeyes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    It's the format. Knoxville is the only other big race with two complete shows for prelims, that I can think of and he would have qualifying very close to the front row, if not the front row. Of course they have the alphabet mains instead of heats on Sat night. Some of it is the track also.
    Firecracker at Lernerville has the Thursday-Friday qualifying format for Saturdays heat races with more emphasis on finishes than starting positions.

Brandon would probably tell you he wasn't good when it counted. He won a couple of prelim races which he pocket it some cash so he weekend wasn't all lost. He's young enough he will be back.

Congrats on the 2 wins Team Sheppard.

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdirt View Post
    And 4 of those guys needed a b main to get in the show.

Davenport was the only driver to transfer to the A from the 5th spot from there heat race.
    Your point?

Simple yes or no will suffice. Did all five others make the race? He wasn't good late Saturday it happens. He still took home more $$ than the vast majority.
    Last edited by B_K; 09-13-2015 at 09:39 AM.

I'd much rather see them do something like one provisional for fastest qualifier not in and one for best Thursday/Friday combined not already in. I like the fact you have to race your way in almost exclusively to the big show minus the two provisionals. but so much of qualifying is luck of the draw for optimal track conditions and in no way related to how a car is able to race in traffic or in feature conditions. The one thing I don't like about the inverts they use is they reward mediocrity. Guys are intentionally sandbagging in the prelims aiming for that 10-15th place average for better lineups on Saturdays heat. Other than a little extra money and bragging, it's better to lose the opening prelims than race for the win.

The 19th & 20th spots should go to the 2 drivers, not already in the race, that had the best average finishes on Thursday and Friday. Time provisionals are a matter of who drew a good number. Better yet, they should scrap the boring time trials altogether and use passing points like the Silver Dollar Nationals (MUCH better racing).

Quote Originally Posted by mud duck View Post
    Guys complaining about format and everything, did you watch the whole weekend? It was great!! BShepp might have won the two features. But in the heats and consy he went backwards. If he was good enough to make show, he could have at least passed someone. JD passed 18 guys!!!
    Yes, davenport did...... and he said that Sheppard was probably the best car there all weekend. When they sell the show saying that the prelims matter and you have to run good in them instead of testing during them it makes a guy wonder just how important they are when a guy wins both and isn't in the big race. that's all

And a ton of lap cars too

All B shep had to do was pass two cars from fifth to third and he was in the show. He couldn't do it!! So, he went home. If he was as good as JD said he should have been able to pass two cars?? Just saying!!! He started up front in the two prelims and won. He started back in the heat and couldn't get it done. Took 12000 home and didn't have the wear and tear of 100 laps on the car. I'd say it wasn't a bad weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by tb1545 View Post
    I'd much rather see them do something like one provisional for fastest qualifier not in and one for best Thursday/Friday combined not already in. I like the fact you have to race your way in almost exclusively to the big show minus the two provisionals. but so much of qualifying is luck of the draw for optimal track conditions and in no way related to how a car is able to race in traffic or in feature conditions. The one thing I don't like about the inverts they use is they reward mediocrity. Guys are intentionally sandbagging in the prelims aiming for that 10-15th place average for better lineups on Saturdays heat. Other than a little extra money and bragging, it's better to lose the opening prelims than race for the win.
    Good post!........Scrap the inverts for heat races, only use them in the feature!
    Lions don't worry about the opinions of sheep.

He won 2 races, starting up front, against a bunch of guys testing and/or sandbagging by most of you all's own admission.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Don;t take 5 from each B Main. Take 3 from each B main and give all 4 feature winners from the prelim nights automatic feature strats for the World.

when it comes to buckle down time and draw for the invert you better have your act together or your going to be packing for home.