Thread: Don O'Neal

Default Don O'Neal

I noticed he left his pit area long after the last call for the feature & saw where he was listed as finishing in 30th place. I thought he started on the tail for reporting late but was he disqualified?

Quote Originally Posted by Mams View Post
    I noticed he left his pit area long after the last call for the feature & saw where he was listed as finishing in 30th place. I thought he started on the tail for reporting late but was he disqualified?
    He ran 1 lap.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Noticed his car was going through tire tech during driver intros. And after the first lap he pulled off on the backstretch. Maybe there was something wrong and he just wanted to get starting money. You have to complete one lap to get starting money.

Yeah. I asked the same question in another thread. I was kind of surprised since he seemed to be running fine in his heat. Perhaps something was damaged and he couldn't get through tech but they let him start so he could be part of the driver intros and parade laps with the understanding he'd have to pull off. I know...sounds kinda far fetched, but I haven't been able to find anything on what happened to him so it's pure speculation.

He was late for the 10:10 call to the grid. The race director told him as the cars were pulling onto the track that he must go to the tail for missing the call to grid.

It wouldn't surprise me if his car wasn't damaged from his heat race. His car hiked up the lr excessively, more than jd's ever has. You normally can't get away with that much, without hitting the framerail or over-indexing the birdcage.
    Lions don't worry about the opinions of sheep.

Did he relapse and try to bend Jon Henry's steel????

Per DoD he pulled in because of a oil tank issue.

Thanks!