Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Knoxville

Cool Knoxville

Any updates so far

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by rickybrown1952 View Post
    Any updates so far
    63 cars there tonight including Donny Schatz per Dirt On Dirt. Schatz only here tonight as there is WOO Sprint races Friday and Saturday at Berlin Raceway and if time permits he will fly back to Knoxville for Saturday's show.
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 09-24-2015 at 07:22 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 5 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

You can follow along on Knoxvilles website updates automatically every minute in the results tab

James Essex' Facebook also usually has good updates

Winner Davenport
    2, Owens
    3, O'neal
    4 Pearson jr
    5 Brown

JD leads majority of the 25 lap race then Jimmy Owens grabs lead in traffic. Davenport slips by Owens with 5 laps remaining and wins the first prelim.

Who can beat JD is the question.

Jd won???? You don't say.............how many flukes can one guy really have in a season?

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ha..............I certainly wouldn't run out and buy a longhorn though, there lucky streak is about to come to an end.......again.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

The racing tonight was great. The passing and battles for position were outstanding in the heats and the A-Main...not so much in the D, C and B, but it really was tremendous show. For my money, nothing beats the racing at Knoxville.

Owens and O'Neal ran strong all night, but JD was in a class of his own again. Bloomquist was surprisingly mediocre. The Simpson brothers ran well...especially Chad. I'm not sure what happened with Billy Moyer Jr. He was going forward but didn't finish. Billy Sr. is going to need to pick it up to pull a Birky. I'm not sure who has the worst luck of the national touring drivers...Eddie Carrier or Tim McCreedie.

Can't wait for the race tomorrow. Bummed I can't be there to see the race on Saturday since there is no PPV.

Davenport won??????

Very surprising.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

You couldn't tell it was a surprise by the way Essex and the rest of the broadcast crew were gushing over JD. I kinda felt embarrassed for Superman. He doesn't come across like the type that is comfortable with all that praise...even if it is well deserved.

I said it before and I will catch crap about it but I sat in section F Row 28 ans part of the back stretch was obstructed. How about the 60' big white toter parked sideways coming out of turn 2, couldn't see anything overtop of it. This place is great but they better not rest on there lorals. There a track 4 hours away in South Dakota (Badlands Motor Speedway) that is going over the top next year. The National Sprint League didn't race against Knoxville this year but next year they have 4 or 5 shows on Saturday Nights at Badlands. Oh forgot to mention 410 Sprints $5000 to win every Saturday Night and maybe more impressive $700 to start the A-Main and $100,000 point fund at the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by blackbubbafordsmith View Post
    Excuse me, new guy here. Who's JD?
    As bloomer said about his lil scale coment " $ money in the bank $ "
    Well thats what superman says $ more money in the bank $ after tonights win. Hes testing for sat big $ race.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeX3 View Post
    The racing tonight was great. The passing and battles for position were outstanding in the heats and the A-Main...not so much in the D, C and B, but it really was tremendous show. For my money, nothing beats the racing at Knoxville.

Owens and O'Neal ran strong all night, but JD was in a class of his own again. Bloomquist was surprisingly mediocre. The Simpson brothers ran well...especially Chad. I'm not sure what happened with Billy Moyer Jr. He was going forward but didn't finish. Billy Sr. is going to need to pick it up to pull a Birky. I'm not sure who has the worst luck of the national touring drivers...Eddie Carrier or Tim McCreedie.

Can't wait for the race tomorrow. Bummed I can't be there to see the race on Saturday since there is no PPV.
    Bloomer surprisingly mediocre? Not a huge fan of his but 22nd to 7th in 25 laps is better than mediocre!!!

Quote Originally Posted by blackbubbafordsmith View Post
    Excuse me, new guy here. Who's JD?
    If you keep watching these post you will learn real quick who JD is.
    I can tell you he does wear a cape and that basturd is fast as hell.
    Keep your eyes on him this wknd you will learn somthing.
    Last edited by SLIDING SIDEWAYS; 09-25-2015 at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by edavis71 View Post
    Bloomer surprisingly mediocre? Not a huge fan of his but 22nd to 7th in 25 laps is better than mediocre!!!
    I meant mediocre by his standards...as in he was *ONLY* 7th in the points for the night, *ONLY* 5th overall in qualifying, 5th in his heat and 4th in the B-Main. Yes. He had an impressive run up through the field and put himself in the show for Saturday, but for Scott overall his night was pretty mediocre.

Last year it took 434 points on either Thursday or Friday to make the show. Based on that, there are 17 drivers that are almost for sure in the field. Only one Lucas regular, Eddie Carrier, is not among those 17 but he will start as a provisional if he doesn't improve on Friday. Here are the top 17 in points plus ECJ. That leaves roughly 7 spots up for grabs on Friday and 6 on Saturday.

Jimmy Owens 492
    Jonathan Davenport 487
    Don O'Neal 484
    Chris Brown 484
    Chad Simpson 481
    Earl Pearson Jr. 476
    Scott Bloomquist 472
    Jared Landers 470
    Dennis Erb Jr. 462
    Chris Simpson 460
    Darrell Lanigan 459
    Shannon Babb 458
    Kent Robinson 454
    Josh Richards 444
    Steve Francis 438
    Brandon Sheppard 435
    Frank Heckenast Jr. 434
    Eddie Carrier Jr. 381
    Last edited by SnakeX3; 09-25-2015 at 12:45 AM.

Need a couple guys to get in the 490's tonight not named JD. Give him a couple guys to pass. I have always liked Superman and he looks as good or better than anyone has ever looked. Should be another good night tonight and weather is great.

Quote Originally Posted by TUTY View Post
    I said it before and I will catch crap about it but I sat in section F Row 28 ans part of the back stretch was obstructed. How about the 60' big white toter parked sideways coming out of turn 2, couldn't see anything overtop of it. This place is great but they better not rest on there lorals. There a track 4 hours away in South Dakota (Badlands Motor Speedway) that is going over the top next year. The National Sprint League didn't race against Knoxville this year but next year they have 4 or 5 shows on Saturday Nights at Badlands. Oh forgot to mention 410 Sprints $5000 to win every Saturday Night and maybe more impressive $700 to start the A-Main and $100,000 point fund at the end of the year.
    The Badlands deal sounds like the 2nd coming of the defunct NDRA.

anyone know where 2 get all drivers point s

Quote Originally Posted by TUTY View Post
    That toter has been there every year.... It belongs to Mr Pro Power himself.

No matter what track you go to in the country. No matter high or low you sit. There will be a view obstruction for somebody if any vehicle in is in the middle.

Now I suppose you will complain about 63 cars showing up. Well..... If there was 79 like last year. You would've been really PISSED.

You are one of those people that can never pleased.

Fwiw.... Badlands will probably fold in 3 years.

Tuty why dont you jump in that 60' big white toter and move it or ask them stop parking in the center of the track because they are blocking your view?