Thread: Mason Zeigler

Default Mason Zeigler

This thread is no knock on Mason. I own a couple of his t shirts and think he is a good driver but what is going on with him this year? Last year he had a very good year and showed the potential in had in this sport. However, this year has been disappointing to say the least. You would think as much as he's around Davenport and parks beside them that he would run a little better, he's really the only longhorn driver that I can think of that is struggling like he is. Any thoughts or opinions on him?

I think he just got a new car, not gonna swear by it. To stand behind it and look at it, it reminds me alot of Davenports car.

I know he didn't qualify good either night. He didn't look very good all weekend.

I think he should probably get out of the Longhorns and get something else. It just seems he was better before he got into one. It doesn't even have to be a return to Rocket. Maybe he should try a Kryptonite or MBH.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

He does have a big win this year at Elkins, WV against mainly local competitors. Seems like he's stuck in the good year, bad year cycle with this being the off year. IMO they've been lacking preparation and dedication to run with the big boys. Chassis change won't fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    He does have a big win this year at Elkins, WV against mainly local competitors. Seems like he's stuck in the good year, bad year cycle with this being the off year. IMO they've been lacking preparation and dedication to run with the big boys. Chassis change won't fix that.
    I agree ........well put.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Could it be that Kevin Rumley was more involved in helping the other long horns last year and now he's focused strictly on the 6 and who ever is turning wrenches on the 25 isn't quite as sharp as rumley ???

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    Could be that, too. He was running much better when Austin Hargrove was turning the wrenches.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

He won a UFo race from 29th restart position this year in the 43a car.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro23 View Post
    This thread is no knock on Mason. I own a couple of his t shirts and think he is a good driver but what is going on with him this year? Last year he had a very good year and showed the potential in had in this sport. However, this year has been disappointing to say the least. You would think as much as he's around Davenport and parks beside them that he would run a little better, he's really the only longhorn driver that I can think of that is struggling like he is. Any thoughts or opinions on him?
    I agree. I am surprised. But I will leave the opinions to those who might know more about the situation. He looked marginal at the N/S and that is being generous.

Quote Originally Posted by hucktyson View Post
    Could it be that Kevin Rumley was more involved in helping the other long horns last year and now he's focused strictly on the 6 and who ever is turning wrenches on the 25 isn't quite as sharp as rumley ???
    No...............
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????