Default Swingarm mod help

Picked up a metric stub swingarm imca mod, i normally run 1/2 mile with a 396 open motor, anybody have any success with swingarms or should i cut it up and make it 4 bar?? I usually run the burm and want to try it but have zero set up sheets, anY help would be great,thanks

Check out Lightningchassis.com. They have the best info for swing arm setups that I could find when I was messing around with them a few years ago. The owner is on here from time to time answering questions and always has good advice. My personal experience with the swing arm setup is unless you run a heavy rough track I think the 4 link is faster and easier to dial in.

Heavy Duty and JustAddDirt have provided good information about the swing arm in the past He is a link that was talked about a while back that might help you. http://www.4m.net/showthread.php?342...ing-arm-shocks

Best of luck
    Last edited by washeduptoo; 09-16-2015 at 08:39 AM.

Swing arm is excellent on large fast tracks with moderate banking. If you plan on running short tracks, convert it to 4 link.
    Find me on Facebook: Impetus Dirt Racing Technologies

any help is appreciated

2FASTLM
    pm sent
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Heavy duty and justadddirt helped me a ton getting my swing arm modified figured out. Absolutely love it! I ended up running an 800 lf spring, 900 RF spring, 350 lr, 375 rr. Ran small body bilstien 4.5/4.5 shocks up front, started off with standard bilstien shocks on the rear, 9/2 easy up lr and 4/4 rr. Ended up going to bilstien nitrogen shocks, ran 185lbs in the lr shock, 75 in the rr. Scaled the car with only 47 pounds of bite. 57.9 rear, 46.6 cross, 55.1 left side. It was pretty left front heavy with a 228# split, but it drives like a dream. It's up front every time I'm on the track with it. I put 19" long lowers on it, 17" uppers. It has a 20" straight bar on it(measured to centers on heims), left side of chassis to left side of pinion. I Set the caster and camber according to lightning's set up sheet, which can be downloaded at www.lightningchassis.com. Couldn't ask for a better driving car.

I've run this on a lot of different tracks this season, from a tacky, wide 4/10 mile, to a very slick paper clip 3/8 mile, to 1/4 mile bullrings, tacky and slick.