Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eldora scales

Quote Originally Posted by golddirt View Post
    News update. Paul Harvey is dead!
    As is the scale issue and bloomers chances of getting any cash...........next excuse please!!
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by plunks7 View Post
    C'mon 25drtrkr. This is crazy your deep into this. The Race is over. I'm as die hard fan of Bloomquist myself. I have watched your posts for quite sometime over the last several months. And you have never acted like this before!!! Just let the governing body's do their job. Bloomer lost because of weight issue. Just deal with it and respect others along with yourself. Please just move on!!! Sometimes the biggest Winner is how you Deal with Loosing.
    No plunks it doesn't bother me at all. Im just going by what Bloomquist said in his interview. If he's lying about it ,shame on him.

I'll give yall two points to consider and then I'm done. 1) Bloomer, at least twice that weekend, had to cross the scales. So he knew before the feature what his car weighed. He's been racing there 27 yrs without any weight issues that I remember. Could he have miscalculated fuel burnoff, maybe, but not likely. 2) He stated that as soon as they got back to the shop, he weighed his car just like it came off the track, and he was legal. That's the reason he stated for pursuing avenues to collect his money. The company that did the inspection said the accuracy of their scales was similar to your everyday bathroom scales, and we all know how those are. All I'm saying, is if ur paying 100k to win, your scales should be accurate and inspected like they should be. I really think track mgmt. screwed up and didn't think it was necessary. Most of you know, he's not my favorite driver, but when you're right, you're right. I just happen to believe, he's RIGHT!

That's my 4m opinion.......and I'm stickin to it! LOL
    Lions don't worry about the opinions of sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by 25drtrkr View Post
    No plunks it doesn't bother me at all. Im just going by what Bloomquist said in his interview. If he's lying about it ,shame on him.

I'll give yall two points to consider and then I'm done. 1) Bloomer, at least twice that weekend, had to cross the scales. So he knew before the feature what his car weighed. He's been racing there 27 yrs without any weight issues that I remember. Could he have miscalculated fuel burnoff, maybe, but not likely. 2) He stated that as soon as they got back to the shop, he weighed his car just like it came off the track, and he was legal. That's the reason he stated for pursuing avenues to collect his money. The company that did the inspection said the accuracy of their scales was similar to your everyday bathroom scales, and we all know how those are. All I'm saying, is if ur paying 100k to win, your scales should be accurate and inspected like they should be. I really think track mgmt. screwed up and didn't think it was necessary. Most of you know, he's not my favorite driver, but when you're right, you're right. I just happen to believe, he's RIGHT!

And we all have them, nobody is going to think less of you for being wrong......

As for Scott saying he was good on his scales at the house, did he have bathroom scales too??? Have his scales been certified?

And to be honest, what exactly would you expect him to say?

I think if bloomer dnt mess up then alot more would have been off not just him. Jmo

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    And we all have them, nobody is going to think less of you for being wrong......

As for Scott saying he was good on his scales at the house, did he have bathroom scales too??? Have his scales been certified?

And to be honest, what exactly would you expect him to say?
    Really now.....are you sayin Bloomer might be playin mind games? LOL

The real deal is....Roger is still mad cuz he had to pay Bloomer that 14k bonus years ago from Charlotte. Bloomer just "used" the rules he was given.
    Last edited by 25drtrkr; 09-18-2015 at 08:31 AM.

I can tell you this. Scales that are moved (ie: Shop Scales) are not accurate unless they are calibrated every time they are set up. You move them, they have to be re-calibrated.

That is why the track scales are always considered the "official scale" at a race. They are set, up, calibrated and then left in place the duration of the event. I would venture to say Eldora's scales are set up and calibrated and don't move the entire season.

As far as taking Bloomer at his word, I don't know how his word is any better than the guy running the scales at the track. Bloomer had to cross the scales numerous times during the weekend. If he thought the scale was weighing incorrectly (it doesn't magically become broken for 1 car out of the 100 in attendance), he should have raised that issue in pre-race tech (on Thursday) that week.

Obviously, he had no issue with how the scale weighed his car until he ended up not weighing enough at the end of the feature when it was the difference between $100,000 and start $$.

IMO, if he really had an issue with the scale being off, the issue would have happened right away in tech (if he weighed his car in the shop before they left and it weighed 2600# and then he got to Eldora and their scale said 2550#, he should have done two things right away. (1) Raised on concern with UMP (and gotten documentation to support it) that the scale was incorrect and asked for it to be re-calibrated and then re-weigh his car and (2) made the assumption that his shop scales were incorrect and changed his car around to be the weight he thought it should be.

Since he obviously did neither, it seems a lot like sour grapes to me....

Really now.....are you sayin Bloomer might be playin mind games? LOL

The real deal is....Roger is still mad cuz he had to pay Bloomer that 14k bonus years ago from Charlotte. Bloomer just "used" the rules he was given.
    He sure as heck did........used them up bad on that deal, was happy to see him get paid.

Guy is excellent at getting the most out of everything......rules included.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    He sure as heck did........used them up bad on that deal, was happy to see him get paid.

Guy is excellent at getting the most out of everything......rules included.
    Everything he does is put under the microscope! Some of that is on him and some just because he's so polarizing!

The inside scoop says he's getting paid. We'll just have to leave that up to Paul Harvey to disclose if and when that happens!

I'll disagree with many of you. I doubt Roger Slack gives a hoot about Bloomquist; pro or con (no pun intended)!

IMO the scales don't need to be inspected. All the drivers use the same scales and all have the opportunity to weight their car on them multiple times. The scales are an even playing field whether they are right or wrong. Scott raced their for two days so he would have scaled his car on those same scales to know how they read compared to his.Also someone mentioned the 50/50 as a reason they should have top notch things. The 50/50 is for charity, not Eldora's pocket, just and FYI

Back in the day...... First thing we did when arriving at a new track was to run across the scales to figure the difference of our scales against their scales. Simple procedure saves big hassles.
    ##YOU JUST CAN'T FIX STUPID##

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtdobber View Post
    Back in the day...... First thing we did when arriving at a new track was to run across the scales to figure the difference of our scales against their scales. Simple procedure saves big hassles.
    Yep been there done that. But why do you have to? Lets say you have a $15-25 hundred set of digital scales, at your shop, that you know weigh correctly. Why do you have to be concerned with a tracks ANCIENT drive on beam scale that hasn't been calibrated in Lord knows when? Especially, at a track as prestigious as Eldora. That's the simple solution, have'm inpected like the law tells you to and post the sticker so everyone can see. Or, get rid of the antiques and buy a set of digitals. Its their responsibility, their the ones giving away prize money based on a vehicles weight.Thats what makes this whole deal, unlawful. That is why I think it will be their downfall.

Quote Originally Posted by vande07 View Post
    I can tell you this. Scales that are moved (ie: Shop Scales) are not accurate unless they are calibrated every time they are set up. You move them, they have to be re-calibrated. That is why the track scales are always considered the "official scale" at a race. They are set, up, calibrated and then left in place the duration of the event. I would venture to say Eldora's scales are set up and calibrated and don't move the entire season. As far as taking Bloomer at his word, I don't know how his word is any better than the guy running the scales at the track. Bloomer had to cross the scales numerous times during the weekend. If he thought the scale was weighing incorrectly (it doesn't magically become broken for 1 car out of the 100 in attendance), he should have raised that issue in pre-race tech (on Thursday) that week. Obviously, he had no issue with how the scale weighed his car until he ended up not weighing enough at the end of the feature when it was the difference between $100,000 and start $$. IMO, if he really had an issue with the scale being off, the issue would have happened right away in tech (if he weighed his car in the shop before they left and it weighed 2600# and then he got to Eldora and their scale said 2550#, he should have done two things right away. (1) Raised on concern with UMP (and gotten documentation to support it) that the scale was incorrect and asked for it to be re-calibrated and then re-weigh his car and (2) made the assumption that his shop scales were incorrect and changed his car around to be the weight he thought it should be. Since he obviously did neither, it seems a lot like sour grapes to me....
    How obviously correct you are.You seem to be a man of common sense so you have been around long enough to know that are several tracks that don't even have and never had their own scales.With the STARS (later Renegade STARS) series tech guy Walter Burson had to set up portable scales on sometimes rather rocky uneven terrain to get each car checked.What was he supposed to do with the way some of these people are thinking ? Call the W.V.weights and meausures department and say "Hey we have the DTWC coming up here at Pennsboro and you need to be here to calibrate the scales and maybe again if it rains out" ! As you say the only calibration that matters is that the team calibrates the weight of their to match the local scales.There was the shoestring guy that had only 1 Swartz car and he scaled the car in a way that if it had a flat tire,a missing quarter panel,bumper,and nose piece it would make weight simply because he couldn't afford to lose the money that he needed for gas and tires to run another week.

Actually, Bloomer has had weight issues there in the past. It used to be drama for me if he would pass or not. We are talking years ago.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Yep been there done that. But why do you have to? Lets say you have a $15-25 hundred set of digital scales, at your shop, that you know weigh correctly. Why do you have to be concerned with a tracks ANCIENT drive on beam scale that hasn't been calibrated in Lord knows when? Especially, at a track as prestigious as Eldora. That's the simple solution, have'm inpected like the law tells you to and post the sticker so everyone can see. Or, get rid of the antiques and buy a set of digitals. Its their responsibility, their the ones giving away prize money based on a vehicles weight.Thats what makes this whole deal, unlawful. That is why I think it will be their downfall.
    why should you have to be concerned with a tracks scales? Because per the rules the track scales are what matters. The rules do not say you have to weigh xxxxlbs, the rules say you must weigh xxxxlbs per the track scales. That is the difference. How sad that the pussification of America has made it to the dirt tracks because people can not admit they f*&ked up!!

FYI, any scale company will tell you that the old beam type scales are more consistently accurate than digital scales. At least that was the claim 4 or 5 years ago when I researched them and talked to several representatives about them.

Quote Originally Posted by blncfn57 View Post
    why should you have to be concerned with a tracks scales? Because per the rules the track scales are what matters. The rules do not say you have to weigh xxxxlbs, the rules say you must weigh xxxxlbs per the track scales. That is the difference. How sad that the pussification of America has made it to the dirt tracks because people can not admit they f*&ked up!!

FYI, any scale company will tell you that the old beam type scales are more consistently accurate than digital scales. At least that was the claim 4 or 5 years ago when I researched them and talked to several representatives about them.
    I'll quote Bloomer, "the people who tested the scales said that they were no better than a bathroom scale and they are not worthy of being used for a trade of any kind commercially".

Pretty scathing statements from a company contracted by the Ohio Dept of Weights and Measures to certify the accuracy of Eldoras scales!

Are you suggesting that bathroom scales can never show the correct weight?

He said some incorrect things to law enforcement also once upon a time.

That's what I thought too CnB! A track with Eldoras prestige, you would think, would have top of the line scales instead of the old beam type. Heck, with the 27k 50/50, they could afford a couple grand on some new scales, wouldn't ya think?
    Not when that money went to bulldog

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    Are you suggesting that bathroom scales can never show the correct weight?

He said some incorrect things to law enforcement also once upon a time.
    Would you trust one with YOUR 100k, depending on its accuracy?

I seriously doubt, if bathroom-type scales, are legal for retail/commercial use.

btw.....I thought that was GRAMS not POUNDS! lol

I'll quote Bloomer, "the people who tested the scales said that they were no better than a bathroom scale and they are not worthy of being used for a trade of any kind commercially".

Pretty scathing statements from a company contracted by the Ohio Dept of Weights and Measures to certify the accuracy of Eldoras scales!
    bloomer said..... bahahahaha would you believe him if he said President Obama was 100% white, too? who was it that told him that? Have they made an official announcement? The only word has been from the guy that had trouble making weight ONE time the whole weekend. The accuracy of the scale does not matter the way the rule is written, period. when bloomer posts a legit picture of him being paid the $100,000 then I'll believe it.