Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Davenport Suspension Pictures

I cant believe that someone hasn't posted the infamous picture taken in Victory lane of the 6 cars left rear suspension........

it was on Facebook the other day.

There isn't enough info there.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

I got a screen shot of it before it was deleted.

I'm sure I'll be attacked for this, but is it legal?
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I have the pic saved on my phone that I downloaded from facebook

The top guys have had to have known about the Rumley suspension for a while now. Tough to keep racing secrets. Kevin's indicated just because they used this device at Eldora, it won't be necessarily used be used at the next race. The handling stance/posture of the 6 car is unique. driving off the right front. Knowing how to fine-tune this device, and orienting the car's overall suspension to it, is the real secret. As Kevin has essentially developed this entire concept, he's way ahead of the learning curve.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    I'm sure I'll be attacked for this, but is it legal?
    Nothing in that picture is illegal.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

That picture is from April and is very old and 100% not from the world 100.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Nothing in that picture is illegal.
    Then I guess they better make a rule to make it illegal to level the playing field again.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Funny how they all think this is from Saturday night! Billet is correct, old pic .

Quote Originally Posted by TALON75 View Post
    Funny how they all think this is from Saturday night! Billet is correct, old pic .
    I think the folks who visit the tech section know that. lol. The pic has apparently gone viral lately. The photographer should have kept it a little closer to the vest. I would have. It seems every car builder has had these for a while.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Then I guess they better make a rule to make it illegal to level the playing field again.
    No. People need to get to work.

But, just because nothing in that pic is illegal doesn't mean there isn't something under there that is either.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 09-16-2015 at 02:55 PM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

This picture maybe going viral but you have to know how to use what's in the picture for it to do any good.
    This is asphalt racing technology here.

Yeah guys that pic is from the Oshkosh Lucas race in May. Have any new ones come out since then? You can tell from recent action shots that he is running some sort of different variations. I've looked at the oshkosh pic for days and still haven't figured it out

I would imagine there are several different ones, depending on what type of track they're going to.

The average racer could look at that picture, or any other picture of Davenport's left rear and replicate it, but the average racer still isn't going to win as many races. The other three corners of the car are just as important, and it's fast because of the total setup.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

At Pittsburgh .... Big glassy slick momentum track that requires throttle control and being smooth , davensnort had a much faster car than bloomquist but the GOAT used his far superior car and throttle control to pass the faster car and put it on him. Davensnort has a ballistically fast race car but is no where near Bloomquist on the wheel. I don't care what any davensnort nutt huggers tell me . Out davensnort back in the CBR car without rumley around and you show me all of the Crown Jewels he racks up. Bloomquist doesn't need a rumley ....

Quote Originally Posted by hucktyson View Post
    At Pittsburgh .... Big glassy slick momentum track that requires throttle control and being smooth , davensnort had a much faster car than bloomquist but the GOAT used his far superior car and throttle control to pass the faster car and put it on him. Davensnort has a ballistically fast race car but is no where near Bloomquist on the wheel. I don't care what any davensnort nutt huggers tell me . Out davensnort back in the CBR car without rumley around and you show me all of the Crown Jewels he racks up. Bloomquist doesn't need a rumley ....
    Bloomquist's does have a Rumley, his name is Ronnie Crooks.