Thumbs up Off Topic: Bruton Smith open to having NASCAR Truck race at Charlotte Dirt Track.

Just a bit off topic but found this interesting and thought I'd share it.

Article hinted that Knoxville might be on the schedule next year in 2016 due to NASCAR wanting to have a 2nd race for the trucks so the teams don't waste time for just one dirt race.

-

Link to article below.
    http://www.motorsports.com/nascar-tr...at-dirt-track/
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Ho boy.... NASCAR at Knoxville.... That would be..... Interesting....
    It ain't broke, it just lacks Duct Tape

He should run something on the dirt track in Charlotte. Beautiful facilities just sitting there 360 days a year.
    Go Buckeyes!!!

Someone finally noticed that the dirt deal drags a big crowd every year. Hope this happens, the Eldora truck race is one the most exciting nascar races of the year. It's the only one I look to watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Toledo, OH View Post
    He should run something on the dirt track in Charlotte. Beautiful facilities just sitting there 360 days a year.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Toledo, OH View Post
    Rt66 in Joliet, same thing. Only used for demo derbies

Quote Originally Posted by dmr37 View Post
    Rt66 in Joliet, same thing. Only used for demo derbies
    They also use it for off road races. I was told they make more money during those derby shows than they do running it as a race track, and way less work.

Seems like a waste to me to have all of that built just to leave it ,and not use it for what it was built for.

What is this NASCAR you talk about?

That would be great if Bruton would be more like the 'grass roots racing' they talk about and have it in the heart of NASCAR maybe have the ARCA series on the undercard to make it better for the fans

Why do it only 2-3 times per year? Why not have a truck race on dirt at every NASCAR track that has a dirt track? Vegas, Charlotte, Chicago, Talladega, Texas along with Eldora and Knoxville as stand alone events.
    They could run the trucks on Friday nights on the cup weekend in conjunction with the two other series. Expand the dirt portion to 12 races a year. (Two at each facility with a dirt track and two stand alone events)

Quote Originally Posted by 427c.i. View Post
    Why do it only 2-3 times per year? Why not have a truck race on dirt at every NASCAR track that has a dirt track? Vegas, Charlotte, Chicago, Talladega, Texas along with Eldora and Knoxville as stand alone events.
    They could run the trucks on Friday nights on the cup weekend in conjunction with the two other series. Expand the dirt portion to 12 races a year. (Two at each facility with a dirt track and two stand alone events)
    That gets my vote! That gives Bloomer plenty of races to perfect his swaybar-less setups!
    Lions don't worry about the opinions of sheep.

Word is swirling again about the rt 66 dirt track in Joliet having racing next year. With LaSalle going to only 5-6 races next year (and only specials) and no weekly dirt tracks in Northern Il (except Sycamore and they run there own classes)this could be the biggest thing since Santa Fe. Hope this is true, been let down before with the rumors.

I would love to see more dirt races for all 3 series of cars/trucks.
    Last edited by 1bbmft; 09-19-2015 at 10:27 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by 427c.i. View Post
    Why do it only 2-3 times per year? Why not have a truck race on dirt at every NASCAR track that has a dirt track? Vegas, Charlotte, Chicago, Talladega, Texas along with Eldora and Knoxville as stand alone events. They could run the trucks on Friday nights on the cup weekend in conjunction with the two other series. Expand the dirt portion to 12 races a year. (Two at each facility with a dirt track and two stand alone events)
    Dirt tracks and asphalt tracks less than 1/2 miles. Live nascar short track racing regularly would be exciting