Thread: Fast boy setup

Default Fast boy setup

just getting into racing and I'm wondering would the LR stacked spring from a fast boy setup work in my camaro without floating the RR my rule book says I can adjust perches for pinion angle but I'm not to sure if I can floatthe right side legally I'll have to take that up with the track but If it can be run on stock perch I'll stick with it.

You can redo the left side spring to allow for more arch and bite along with banding and unbanding the rear section of the spring. Most sanctions do not allow the rr to be floated.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtrace09 View Post
    You can redo the left side spring to allow for more arch and bite along with banding and unbanding the rear section of the spring. Most sanctions do not allow the rr to be floated.
    Haven't really looked at the bands that well but how are you rebanding them?

I used two flat pieces of strap and drilled holes in each end and used bolts to sandwich it down on the spring.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtrace09 View Post
    I used two flat pieces of strap and drilled holes in each end and used bolts to sandwich it down on the spring.
    And how tight are the bolts?
    Gator Engineering

Just tight enough to let the spring still move but not fan out.