Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default drivers @ Brownstown

Any info appreciated

35 cars per race monitor

Devin Moran fastest in hot laps. Only person I seen that was there that kinda surprised me was Jackie Boggs.

Jackies picked up a nice sponsor and the kids are growin like corn!

Marlar fastest overall in group A, Landers quickest in group B. Bloomer and Davenport both a lil work to do. Bloomquist 11th fastest in his group A, Davenport 5th in B.

davenport heat pretty stacked and scott going have some work cut out for with his too..mason and jameson running good tonight and first heat track should be really good for that heat. Wondering out of erb and mcdowell who going to the b main. Both starting way back in that heat.
    Last edited by Kwd1253; 09-18-2015 at 08:28 PM.

I just hope the track is not dry slick & takes rubber. Like it was for the Ice Breaker. If it is... there will not be much passing. Thats why I stayed home.

Thumbs up

SATURDAY'S HEAT RACE LINE UPS FOR JACKSON 100
    -
    HEAT RACE #1
    ROW 1: Mike Marlar - Jason Jameson
    ROW 2: Mason Zeigler - Cody Mahoney
    ROW 3: Mike Jewell - Scott Bloomquist
    ROW 4: Steve Barnett - Zak Blackwood
    ROW 5: Jackie Boggs - Jesse Lay

HEAT RACE #2
    ROW 1: Earl Pearson Jr. - Devin Gilpin
    ROW 2: Chad Stapleton - Chris Simpson
    ROW 3: Dale McDowell - Dennis Erb Jr.
    ROW 4: Marty O'Neal - Wayne Chinn
    ROW 5: Joe Janowski - Hudson O'Neal

HEAT RACE #3
    ROW 1: Jared Landers - Brandon Sheppard
    ROW 2: Jonathan Davenport - Steve Francis
    ROW 3: Chris Brown - Matt Bex
    ROW 4: Skyller Lewis - Austin Tunny
    ROW 5: Geraid Gault - Jeffery Shackelford

HEAT RACE #4
    ROW 1: Don O'Neal - Jimmy Owens
    ROW 2: Eddie Carrier Jr. - Devin Moran
    ROW 3: Greg Johnson - Kent Robinson
    ROW 4: Alan Magner - Tyler Neal
    ROW 5: Kerry King Sr. - Steve Godsey
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Quote Originally Posted by 71PRPFan View Post
    Jackies picked up a nice sponsor and the kids are growin like corn!
    Always good to hear!

Curious as to why this is a 2 day show? Qualifying only on Friday? Thought they would run heats also. If all your gonna do is time trial cars on Fri., why not time them on Sat? Or at worst, run the heats on Fri. Who in their right mind pays for a night of qualifying?
    8/13/16

they are calling for a some small showers this afternoon. i hope they go through it will do wonders for the track. would make for a great night of racing if they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Curious as to why this is a 2 day show? Qualifying only on Friday? Thought they would run heats also. If all your gonna do is time trial cars on Fri., why not time them on Sat? Or at worst, run the heats on Fri. Who in their right mind pays for a night of qualifying?
    Jackson 50 for crates as well as other support classes. cuts down on the support classes for Sat. Saw lots of racing for $20. Myself, I wish they would totally do away with time trials,and pill draw.

i would like to see passing points used

What car was Greg Johnson driving last night?

I agree that does sound ridiculous. It's the old school way to do it like the World used to be. I'd rather see racing but I'm sure there's some traditional folk who love the format. Every race seems to have its own format nowadays

I have, but it was the world after the big car counts dropped. However, I don't remember the jackson being like this and the past and was curious why they done this way. I probably would've drove out if it was complete one day show.

Quote Originally Posted by Sling Some Dirt View Post
    What car was Greg Johnson driving last night?
    Black 17j Rayburn car. Kendall truck parts as sponsor. Looked like a former Greg Kendall car. Seemed a little under powered, but handled well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier_Dirt View Post
    Jackson 50 for crates as well as other support classes. cuts down on the support classes for Sat. Saw lots of racing for $20. Myself, I wish they would totally do away with time trials,and pill draw.
    Lucas should just make them line up in the invert of their point standings, non Lucas teams up front based on heat racing results for them.

Then you would see some dam racin to get to the front!

Best drivers would rise to the occasion.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Dang....EPJ quailied 2nd.....a blind hog does find an acorn every now and then..lol!
    Lions don't worry about the opinions of sheep.

Pearson no slouch at B-Town

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    I have, but it was the world after the big car counts dropped. However, I don't remember the jackson being like this and the past and was curious why they done this way. I probably would've drove out if it was complete one day show.
    Well there pros and cons how did last night. If you just want see lucas guys race, then i see people being upset. But at same time they should looked see the racing format. Myself wouldnt mind just watching lucas guys qualifying, and watch 50 laps lLMS, mini sprints, hornets.... But i think they should ran heats for mods, super stocks heats friday night. So sat. do hot laps, lucas heats,mods, super stock b main then lucas b main. Then have super stock, mods, lucas feature. How they doing it tonight, i dont think the track going hold up specially for 100 lap race. Is see a train race after 25-30 laps into it just from the track prep history at brownstown.