Default beehieve keeper failure

I had a motor come apart what i found was the valve pulled through the lock. After inspecting we found it was all of the intakes doing it exaust were fine . Motor was never hot was running a 6700 chip the springs locks and retainers all new 9 races on them anyone have a clue what went wrong

2 things

was this a conversion from old style springs?
    if so ---did you have old style rocker arms?---they are the ones with thrust washers rather than a 1 piece roller design
    old style rockers do not always work with new bee hive springs-----we have made many posts on the subject

next
    when the springs were installed ---did you remove the burr on the intake valve? ----and just as important ---did you remove the burr without rounding the keeper groove?

there is commonly a burr on the intake valve that must be removed to accomadate the machined and hardened bee hive keeper or else it will crack and fail-----and if you get in a hurry and turn the file into the groove it will round the groove making a very poor fit----emery or sand paper should never be used as that will always round the groove

Brad
    www.race-1.com

Yes it was a conversion on a 04 motor and i filed the burr maybe i didnt get it all it didnt break the retainer the lock wore thanks another lesson learned lol

04 engine would have "old style" rocker arms-----if they were not updated on the intake side, that is more than likely the culprit of your failure

you can use old style rockers on the exhaust but in most cases the bee hive kit will have an issue with old style rockers on the intakes

we sell half sets of rockers everyday for just this reason

Brad
    www.race-1.com